Search found 31 matches
- Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:39 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: "Any conflicting traffic..." Is A Stupid Thing To Say
- Replies: 181
- Views: 22377
"Any conflicting traffic..." Is A Stupid Thing To Say
I was flying the across the prairies yesterday at at FL270, and I was unlucky enough to hear several different military trainers repeatedly end every single one of their long-winded transmissions with this stupid statements. I even heard someone gently suggest for them to stop saying this. Naturally...
- Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:48 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Mounties Air Service fudging the numbers
- Replies: 77
- Views: 10578
- Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:18 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: C208 Intitial sim training requirments?
- Replies: 31
- Views: 4422
Re: C208 Intitial sim training requirments?
I don't know how to insert the links to the web pages, but I sort of know how to copy and paste... 723.22 Transport of Passengers in Single-Engined Aeroplanes The standard for transport of passengers in a single-engined aeroplane under IFR or VFR at night is: (1) General (a) only factory built, turb...
- Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:29 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: GPS Outage NOTAMs
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1717
Re: GPS Outage NOTAMs
Yes, Maple Flag is still going on. I've just never seen any GPS interruptions published like this before. I'm curious if anyone has had, or will have, any difficulty operating with these GPS outages occurring.
- Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:52 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: GPS Outage NOTAMs
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1717
GPS Outage NOTAMs
Here is a NOTAM from the ZEG FIR: 130553 CZEG EDMONTON FIR CZEG DUE TO GPS INTERFERENCE EXER, INTERMITTENT LOSS OF GPS SIGNAL MAY BE EXPERIENCED IN AREA SURROUNDING COLD LAKE MIL TML CTA, CYR'S 204,221,222,223,224,225. AFFECTED AREA 60 NM RADIUS 5424N 11016W AT 4000 MSL, EXPANDING TO A RADIUS 160 NM...
- Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:52 pm
- Forum: Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft
- Topic: AOPA Floatplane Video
- Replies: 13
- Views: 2642
Re: AOPA Floatplane Video
That is a very powerful video...
- Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:09 pm
- Forum: Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft
- Topic: Plane missing in Antarctica
- Replies: 367
- Views: 87255
Re: Plane missing in Antarctica
I'd known Bob for many years. Although we'd never worked at the same company at the same time, our paths kept crossing. Bob was a true gentleman, a true aviator, and one of the most truly genuine people I've ever met. The experiences and knowledge he shared with everyone he met was impressive and in...
- Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:10 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Lets nominate Joe (avmaster extrodinaire) for safety award
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1364
Re: Lets nominate Joe (avmaster extrodinaire) for safety aw
I concur. I think this website has been an invaluable place for much information to be passed along to all members of our aviation community.
Joe deserves a HUGE thank you for the hard work he does to give us this playground.
Joe deserves a HUGE thank you for the hard work he does to give us this playground.
- Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:12 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: When Did You Finish Your CPL / What's Your TT?
- Replies: 44
- Views: 5800
Re: When Did You Finish Your CPL / What's Your TT?
1994, 11,000 +
- Mon May 03, 2010 11:37 am
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: The Pogey Manifesto
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1248
Re: The Pogey Manifesto
This is a fantastic read!
Everyone should read this, and I'm sure most of us can see ourselves in this writing at some point!
I just spent an entire morning reading it when there are tons of other things I should have done. This was worth it!
Great job!
Everyone should read this, and I'm sure most of us can see ourselves in this writing at some point!
I just spent an entire morning reading it when there are tons of other things I should have done. This was worth it!
Great job!
- Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:21 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: PC-12 Type Rating
- Replies: 67
- Views: 15590
Re: PC-12 Type Rating
NG's are 47's.
There is PC-12/45, PC-12/47, and PC-12/47 NG.
There is PC-12/45, PC-12/47, and PC-12/47 NG.
- Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:41 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: layoffs at Wasaya???
- Replies: 129
- Views: 25277
Re: layoffs at Wasaya???
Which "unofficial" company is this?
And for what it's worth, RW would make a fantastic CP. I'd be quite happy to work for him any day. You won't find a more straight-up guy.
And for what it's worth, RW would make a fantastic CP. I'd be quite happy to work for him any day. You won't find a more straight-up guy.
- Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:36 pm
- Forum: WestJet
- Topic: Ground Stop?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1230
Ground Stop?
I heard Centre talking with a WJ flight yesterday about a company-wide ground stop. The crew said they would get in touch with company. There still seemed to be lots of WJ aircraft in the air, and they seemed to be flying all day.
Any idea what that was about?
Any idea what that was about?
- Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:21 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: RAIM and KLN 90B's lately
- Replies: 26
- Views: 4117
Re: RAIM and KLN 90B's lately
That's the one, TDS. Thanks for posting it. Interesting information....
- Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:19 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: RAIM and KLN 90B's lately
- Replies: 26
- Views: 4117
Re: RAIM and KLN 90B's lately
Honeywell produced a Service Information Letter in early September that had some interesting information on these units. I don't have an electronic copy or a link to it, but I'm sure someone more technologically advanced than me can figure it out.
- Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:26 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: A great post from PPRUNE
- Replies: 21
- Views: 4110
Re: A great post from PPRUNE
Wow. That really sums it for me. Thanks for sharing this!!
- Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:59 am
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: Who says the CADORS are boring?
- Replies: 52
- Views: 6728
Re: Who says the CADORS are boring?
He writes the best CADORS!!!
- Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:58 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: FAA CPL conversion questions
- Replies: 15
- Views: 1853
Re: FAA CPL conversion questions
This is who I recommend. They have a good product that will let you experience what the CBT will be like when you write in the US.
http://www.dauntless-soft.com/?gclid=CI ... swodnnknWw
Good luck.
http://www.dauntless-soft.com/?gclid=CI ... swodnnknWw
Good luck.
- Tue May 13, 2008 8:05 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: FAA to TCCA Type endorsement
- Replies: 2
- Views: 317
Re: FAA to TCCA Type endorsement
I'm not sure if it works FAA to TCCA, but I know it works TCCA to FAA. I would think so.
- Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:09 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Merry Christmas to all...
- Replies: 17
- Views: 1537
Re: Merry Christmas to all...
Well said IAB!!
I'll leave it at "What he said...."
I'll leave it at "What he said...."
- Wed May 23, 2007 7:47 pm
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: OMFG! The ultimate!
- Replies: 26
- Views: 4307
- Thu May 03, 2007 11:01 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: My vote for removing Doc as a moderator on this forum
- Replies: 80
- Views: 10689
- Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:29 am
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: Possibly Family Guys Finest 60 seconds of Entertainment
- Replies: 11
- Views: 1676
- Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:59 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Question about widow
- Replies: 117
- Views: 13947
Hello Widow, I just wanted to take a minute and say thank you for all the hard work and dedication that you have put forth in your Quest for Justice. I have been flying commercially since 1995, privately since 1992, and been around airplanes/aviation all my life. I am very impressed with how quickly...
- Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:50 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Rowdy feeling not-so-rowdy after crash. Wish him well inside
- Replies: 197
- Views: 45074