Search found 274 matches

by lyncher
Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:57 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Blown Tire...to abort or continue prior to V1
Replies: 63
Views: 6898

Re: Blown Tire...to abort or continue prior to V1

"Anything below 80kts we abort..." If its below 80 Im stopping. 80 to V1, I just heard a loud explosive bang, Im still going to stop. I dont know the damage that the fragments could have caused. Seems like a lot of people are saying ".... comeback for the longer runway" What if my runway is 24L in C...
by lyncher
Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:14 pm
Forum: Corporate
Topic: YOW corporate scene
Replies: 13
Views: 4774

Re: YOW corporate scene

I believe the 10 was owned by Terry Mathews.

Not a whole heck of alot in YOW
by lyncher
Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:32 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: FAA ATP ride
Replies: 7
Views: 984

Re: FAA ATP ride

Im pretty sure Dauntless has a conversion course. I did it to convert my CPL.
by lyncher
Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:15 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: FAA ATP ride
Replies: 7
Views: 984

Re: FAA ATP ride

Doesnt need to be an N reg. But it needs to be with an FAA inspector.
by lyncher
Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:04 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: FAA ATP ride
Replies: 7
Views: 984

Re: FAA ATP ride

I do need to do one... it's a long story... I've got the exam finished, just trying to find a place that I can get the ride done without having to drive to ATP in Trenton
by lyncher
Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:01 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: FAA ATP ride
Replies: 7
Views: 984

FAA ATP ride

Anyone know if anyone in Ontario/Quebec is aurthorized to do them anymore? If not, anyone know of a flight school close to the border that does them?
by lyncher
Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:09 am
Forum: Corporate
Topic: Citation Sovereign vs G300 vs Falcon 2000 EX EASy
Replies: 13
Views: 7142

Re: Citation Sovereign vs G300 vs Falcon 2000 EX EASy

We just started operating the Falcon 2000EX EASy. The systems are great, however do have some flaws. This airplane has alot of gotcha's, if you would like me to get into detail with some of them I can. The aircraft itself, it's great. Fast, fuel efficient, very pilot friendly. Im not too sure exactl...
by lyncher
Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:30 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Fedex cargo crash in Tokyo
Replies: 49
Views: 9114

Re: Fedex cargo crash in Tokyo

Sad day it is...
by lyncher
Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:30 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: PC-12 Engine Shut Down
Replies: 239
Views: 27947

Re: PC-12 Engine Shut Down

Why this debate is going on is beyond me. It's the stupidest debate that's been raging for years and the proof is in the stats. Flying in it's self has all sorts of risks, calculated risks. If you don't wanna fly single engine turbine IFR than don't. Maybe we should ban departures during migration ...
by lyncher
Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:33 pm
Forum: Employment Forum
Topic: Pilote Pilatus PC-12
Replies: 7
Views: 1770

Re: Pilote Pilatus PC-12

Good group of guys, just make sure you double check the weights of their cargo.... A box the size of a refrigerator, most likely doesnt weigh 25lbs... If you've done work for them, you know what Im talking about.
by lyncher
Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:26 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Trying to convertCPL to FAA
Replies: 4
Views: 544

Re: Trying to convertCPL to FAA

Gleim is the way to go. Within a week I wrote, and aced, the CPL and and IFR
by lyncher
Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:25 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: conversion from CPL to FAA???
Replies: 8
Views: 1349

Re: conversion from CPL to FAA???

Gleim is the way to go. I studied for a week and aced the exams.... Plural because I did my CPL and IFR.
by lyncher
Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:46 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Falcon 2000
Replies: 0
Views: 383

Falcon 2000

Does anyone on the Falcon 2000 have manuals they're willing to lend out?
by lyncher
Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:49 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: How old are you?
Replies: 190
Views: 36442

Re: How old are you?

23 /1600hrs /Hawker 850xp/ started flying at 15
by lyncher
Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:27 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: FAA ATP
Replies: 8
Views: 984

Re: FAA ATP

Well, the TC ATPL would be based on the FAA ATPL, so I dont see why not. Just get the name of the person who told you yes, and go apply for your licence with them :P
by lyncher
Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:56 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: FAA ATP
Replies: 8
Views: 984

Re: FAA ATP

C-HRIS wrote:No, its not counted as 1/2 in USA. You need to do a flight test to get the rating though. The PIC and x/c requirements are the same as Canada last time I checked, which was a year or two ago.
The time requirements are, but I dont think TC will allow you to log PIC if you arent flying the left seat.
by lyncher
Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:44 pm
Forum: Corporate
Topic: Where do you even start?
Replies: 26
Views: 8617

Re: Where do you even start?

I have had the same corporate gig for 28 years come next month and I wouldn't trade it for any airline position. :smt040 Im going to have to agree. While I dont have 28 years in the corporate world, nor in the industry, Im going on my 1 year in my current spot, and I love it. I may not have enough ...
by lyncher
Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:35 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: FAA ATP
Replies: 8
Views: 984

Re: FAA ATP

In the US, if you are the sole manipulator of the controls, thats considered PIC, only for licencing purposes. If you go to an employer, they will count it as SIC, but we're only talking for the ATP right now. SO, every second leg, sign it off as PIC.
by lyncher
Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:31 am
Forum: Corporate
Topic: Training?
Replies: 21
Views: 5305

Re: Training?

Been to FSI and CAE. I have to say the programs at CAE seem to be lacking compared to FSI, we had a great instructor at CAE, however the material was terrible. FSI I havent had a bad instructor, the courses are well planned and put together and generally, a good time, aswell as useful.
by lyncher
Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:43 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: CYBW a dangerous place to fly???
Replies: 32
Views: 3770

Re: CYBW a dangerous place to fly???

Busy airport with plenty of student pilots doesnt make the airport dangerous, that all depends on the pilots. You want dangerous? try Cusco Peru, Field elevation of 11000ft, airport is situated in a valley, no IFR appraoches that are approved yet (there are 2 STARs though), you can only takeoff one ...
by lyncher
Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:14 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: why Canadian licence?
Replies: 7
Views: 1309

Re: why Canadian licence?

Thanks for the correction Ralliart, I probably should have added that I wasnt 100% sure about the ride for the ATP conversion. As for the N registered business jets based in Canada, I suggest going with your TC licence, then if you do get a job on one, do the conversion, the company I work for paid ...
by lyncher
Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:51 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: FAA CPL conversion questions
Replies: 15
Views: 1854

Re: FAA CPL conversion questions

+1
by lyncher
Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:49 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: why Canadian licence?
Replies: 7
Views: 1309

Re: why Canadian licence?

The TC CPL to FAA CPL is an exam (25 questions,or something like that, and its a joke) but no ride, the ATP conversion is a ride.
by lyncher
Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:36 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Pilatus PC-12 Time?
Replies: 12
Views: 3164

Re: Pilatus PC-12 Time?

Having time on the PC12 and a King Air, I find that the PC12 was closer to what I fly now (the king air had ol' steams). Regardless of what people say, the Pilatus is an excellent experience builder. After the PC12 you just need to get used to the increase in speed and the different characteristics ...
by lyncher
Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:43 pm
Forum: Employment Forum
Topic: IFR Recency
Replies: 12
Views: 1906

Re: IFR Recency

I did my recurrent at Flight Safety in Wichita, I was told it would only renew my FAA IFR not my canadian, as they dont have an instructor certified by TC.

Go to advanced search