Search found 14 matches

by FlyerGirl
Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:41 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Whats the weirdest thing you have seen on final?
Replies: 108
Views: 16778

Strangest thing I have seen on final on the runway...a red Chrysler Neon driving towards us (direction wise)...CNC4...on short final with a student... Unicom had called us on the radio to let us know that there was a car on the runway, during the middle of the day. Seemed as if an elderly woman lost...
by FlyerGirl
Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:24 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Heavy Jet versus Flight Instructor?
Replies: 29
Views: 4943

Re: Heavy Jet versus Flight Instructor?

On the other hand, I've heard instructor ratings are fairly useless in the sense many airlines limit the instructor hours you can put forward, and they know that instructor hours arent really you flying, its just day single engine VFR circuits, stalls with little x/c that you more or less supervise...
by FlyerGirl
Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:12 am
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: Montreal (McGill)
Replies: 5
Views: 694

Hey...just so you know, McGill is located in Quebec, so I don't think OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) will help you out much! I am sure that the province of Quebec offers something similar though. BTW - If you are thinking of switching Universities, it would be an excellent idea of visitin...
by FlyerGirl
Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:30 pm
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: Sexist Job Ad
Replies: 21
Views: 3369

Sexist Job Ad

Hey...check this out...I'm in no way a feminist, but check out this sexist ad for a Chief Pilot! Date:9 November 2006 Position:chief pilot Company Name:Hiway Service Contact Person:T.MCDONALD Street Address:3939 1st Ave South City:Lethbridge State/Province:Alberta Country:Canada Email address: tom@h...
by FlyerGirl
Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:09 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: AFTER 6 YEARS IN THE IND. HERE A FEW THOUGHTS
Replies: 37
Views: 5094

Wow...check out 748 ho's previous posts! Quite disturbing to say the least! Pretty sad when one of our supposed AC pilots can't post without the following phrases: MENNNN......ASS.....PUSSEY (spelled wrong, of course)....."KICKING ASS".....YAHHHH Ugh! I would love to be on one of his flights and hea...
by FlyerGirl
Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:48 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: 1000 hours! Where were you or where would you like to be.
Replies: 132
Views: 26597

A while back...sitting in a 152 with my student doing the run-up! Watched the hobbs click over and felt the smile on my face...had been waiting a long time for that one!
by FlyerGirl
Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:58 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: IFR Written
Replies: 7
Views: 1251

Seeing that one of your previous posts states that you are an instructor...I would assume that you should have some background knowledge on how to prepare for a TC exam! My suggestion...get a hold of the INRAT study and reference guide as a starter! Use this to look up the knowledge areas that you w...
by FlyerGirl
Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:41 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: cat 1 medical:vision
Replies: 15
Views: 6478

Just to let you know...back in 1998 when I went for my Cat 1 medical, they were sticklers on the +/-3.5 dioptives being the max. Due to this, I had laser eye surgery just so that I can obtain my cat 1 medical. My eyesight use to be in the range of -4.75. I have heard lately that this is not the case...
by FlyerGirl
Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:11 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28602

A good pilot takes on board what is said in the POH (including warnings about retracting flaps in stages, and the sink associated with raising flaps), and where the POH negelects to mention something (such as touch-and-go landings) you use your judgement and experience, as well as the input of more...
by FlyerGirl
Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:09 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28602

OK Groupboard... I am going to give you some homework seeing that you are being very stuborn here. I want you to go and find your POH...find where it is printed the arguement you are trying to back up...scan it...and then post it on this board! As far as I know, you will have a hard time finding the...
by FlyerGirl
Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:52 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28602

OK...here is another post for you... Just dug up my C172N POH and had a little light reading...oh and look what I came across on page 4-14 of the Normal Procedures section..... "Normal and short field takeoffs are performed with flaps up. Flap settings greater than 10 degrees are NOT approved for ta...
by FlyerGirl
Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:08 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28602

Whoops...warrior!

No matter what, unless you were asked to perform a soft field take off...flaps should be raised to zero prior to adding power!
by FlyerGirl
Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:04 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28602

Sorry buddy...I have to agree with the instructor on this one! Flaps should be raised prior to applying full power (and placing the carb heat cold). In my eyes, the reason for this is if you have a flap failure, possibly with full flaps down, you may be able to catch it prior to applying full power ...
by FlyerGirl
Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:14 pm
Forum: Employment Forum
Topic: Abbotsford Flight Centre
Replies: 5
Views: 1641

Recently have heard that they are boing looked at closely by TC...just flew with a student from that flight school that is being screwed around. Need I say there are some students leaving that flight school for another!

Go to advanced search