Search found 59 matches

by peice
Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:54 am
Forum: Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express
Topic: Georgian RJ's
Replies: 111
Views: 46515

Re: Georgian RJ's

Peice, they could be trying anything but i heard that there management approached there pilot group in offered them $48,000, and $23,000 respectively to fly left seat rj and dash and right seat rj and dash. Apparently the pilot group declined, any ggn guys confirm this? The GGN CBA was declined for...
by peice
Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:26 pm
Forum: Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express
Topic: Georgian RJ's
Replies: 111
Views: 46515

Re: Georgian RJ's

It's a strange merger between R1 and GGN. GGN pilots will stay in their union and continue to fly the 1900 and the R1 pilots will stay out west and fly what they fly. GGN makes the majority of its money through maintenance and the charters out west, giving it a good position there with plenty of par...
by peice
Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:24 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Air Canada outsourcing US Regional
Replies: 61
Views: 20025

Re: Air Canada outsourcing US Regional

Wish I could say that this is illegal :? It's unfortunate to say the least!
by peice
Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:14 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: CSeries to fly Sept 16 with Live Streaming Video
Replies: 25
Views: 6180

Re: CSeries to fly Sept 16 with Live Streaming Video

Good news! But I don't think that it'll be taking off from the island any time soon, or if at all.
by peice
Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:35 am
Forum: ATS Question Forum
Topic: NavCanada testing
Replies: 15
Views: 19913

Re: NavCanada testing

Thanks for the info guys. I didnt pass the aptitude test last year so i am looking for material to study. Hopefully i can get it the second time!
by peice
Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:36 pm
Forum: General Airline Industry Comments
Topic: Air Geaorgian LTD
Replies: 12
Views: 5021

Re: Air Geaorgian LTD

They were offering to pay $10k with the condition that he/she would take all applications to other regionals off for one year. The video that CanadianEh Perfectly sums up how the talks are going lol
by peice
Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:53 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Pushiness
Replies: 19
Views: 3040

Re: Pushiness

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences guys! In my short career I've encountered several situations which made me ask myself if I was dealing with professionals, both on the operational side as well as the flight deck. Usually the guys on the other end of the phone don't know the consequences i...
by peice
Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:54 pm
Forum: General Airline Industry Comments
Topic: New Year’s resolution
Replies: 7
Views: 1930

Re: New Year’s resolution

After a little more than a year in this industry I am also going to call it quits. Calling it quits after 1 year of a 40ish year career... Yes aviation is not (for the most part) the golden job they promised you it would be in flight school, but it does have it's up sides. My first year in aviation...
by peice
Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:32 am
Forum: General Airline Industry Comments
Topic: New Year’s resolution
Replies: 7
Views: 1930

Re: New Year’s resolution

After a little more than a year in this industry I am also going to call it quits. Took a couple of years of training to get to where I am but the future isn't looking too bright for me. That'll be my new year resolution as well, followed by getting into bloody shape (something that I lost as well w...
by peice
Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:22 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Airlines Face Acute Shortage of Pilots
Replies: 29
Views: 6090

Re: Airlines Face Acute Shortage of Pilots

Good! Hopefully this will improve the working conditions down south by increasing the demand for pilots. And I am with Sully on this one... something's rotten in the state of Denmark.
by peice
Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:23 pm
Forum: General Airline Industry Comments
Topic: Another BALPA video
Replies: 3
Views: 1208

Re: Another BALPA video

Thanks soo much for posting this. Sharing it to spread the word.
by peice
Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:23 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Career Question
Replies: 27
Views: 4983

Re: Career Question

Do whatever you think is right and what will make you happy. Take the advice of the pilots above me and make your own conclusion on what you want to do. I'm in the opposite position. I went through four years of aviation college and was lucky enough to get a job flying right seat for a commuter. It'...
by peice
Sun May 13, 2012 3:30 pm
Forum: Employment Forum
Topic: Cargojet Second Officer Position
Replies: 26
Views: 12790

Re: Cargojet Second Officer Position

I graduated Seneca last year and about six guys from my class got the job at CJ, with about another six or so from the previous year. I keep in contact with the guys from my class and they're having a good time but as others have said there are other jobs out there that would be better. Some guys wa...
by peice
Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:14 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: ATPL study Material
Replies: 5
Views: 2679

Re: ATPL study Material

Hi LLJ, I used the 'Airline Transport Pilot License Workbook' from Aerocourse to help me study for my ATPL tests and I recommend it. I don't know too much about the materials that are out there but this workbook provided me with most of the information that I needed. I also attended the course offer...
by peice
Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:54 am
Forum: Employment Forum
Topic: Georgian Interview
Replies: 18
Views: 7654

Re: Georgian Interview

My interview went almost exactly as it did for Flying4dollars. All I can really add is do a little bit of research on the company because it shows your interest and come in with a smile! I did my interview with the Troy Stephens (CP), Dan Bockner (VP), and a HR representative. Although I was intervi...
by peice
Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:58 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Alcohol clipped this pilots wings.
Replies: 10
Views: 3113

Re: Alcohol clipped this pilots wings.

Thanks for the read :)
by peice
Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:19 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: AC is such a mess
Replies: 51
Views: 8892

Re: AC is such a mess

I am part of the public and I want a strike at AC. When will there ever be an appropriate time for a strike? Never, that's when! This is complete bull and I regret voting for this current government.
by peice
Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:04 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: We are our own worst enemy.
Replies: 21
Views: 3984

Re: We are our own worst enemy.

Thanks for the read! I'll spread the word around via facebook and other more traditional social mediums :) I was actually feeling a tad sick to the stomach reading the responses that the pilot gave... I'm an optimistic person but he/she put it to another level by sounding like someone who has been b...
by peice
Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:03 am
Forum: Employment Forum
Topic: Air Georgian Interview
Replies: 5
Views: 3096

Re: Air Georgian Interview

I heard there will a ground school at the end of this month with about 10 or so people.
by peice
Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:59 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: seneca program/ eyesight/ tattoos
Replies: 11
Views: 2602

Re: seneca program/ eyesight/ tattoos

The tattoos shouldn't be a problem as long as they are covered up and as North Shore mentioned, if you could pass your cat 1 with glasses then lasik really isn't necessary. I graduated this year and I highly recommend it if you have the time and dedication!
by peice
Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:42 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Challenger Québec 11 medevac very close call CYUY
Replies: 20
Views: 4279

Re: Challenger Québec 11 medevac very close call CYUY

Nice! I love happy endings :)
by peice
Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:57 pm
Forum: Aviation Videos & Photos
Topic: Flying the Eastern Arctic
Replies: 8
Views: 1885

Re: Flying the Eastern Arctic

Very cool! I'm actually considering going up North now :D
by peice
Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:54 pm
Forum: Aviation Videos & Photos
Topic: Purolator DC-10-30F video.
Replies: 3
Views: 1175

Re: Purolator DC-10-30F video.

I just subscribed! Awesome vids!
by peice
Mon May 10, 2010 8:35 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Russia Victory day parade Red Square video -127 aircraft . .
Replies: 8
Views: 1753

Re: Russia Victory day parade Red Square video -127 aircraft

Tell me about it! RT is usually better than that :\
by peice
Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:38 pm
Forum: Aviation Videos & Photos
Topic: What a show!
Replies: 3
Views: 1005

Re: What a show!

Thanks for the share! Really really cool demonstration!

Go to advanced search