Search found 61 matches
- Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:26 pm
- Forum: Maintenance
- Topic: Pa 28-160 compass leak
- Replies: 21
- Views: 3087
Re: Pa 28-160 compass leak
Thanks that's the info I'm looking for.
- Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:03 pm
- Forum: Maintenance
- Topic: Pa 28-160 compass leak
- Replies: 21
- Views: 3087
Pa 28-160 compass leak
I've noticed my compass leaking and the last time 1/2 an inch of fluid was gone and the compass is wonkie.
can I fill it or is it a job for my mechanic. Thanks.
can I fill it or is it a job for my mechanic. Thanks.
- Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:38 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: An Excellent Adventure!
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3193
Re: An Excellent Adventure!
I flew from CYJJ to CYYF one day when the weather was right, after fueling I stayed in Penticton overnight due to weather. Next day I went on over the rocks to CYQL Lethbridge and got more fuel. I ended up in Wpg and the feeling was something I'll never forget. It was an excellent adventure for sure...
- Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:36 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Risks of night flying
- Replies: 34
- Views: 6063
Re: Risks of night flying
The question was"what addition risks exists by virtue of this being a night flight, in the preflight planning, preflight, taxi, run up ? " preflight would be same as always except you need a flashlight, preflight not sure where additional risks are there, Taxi is the most risk now your moving, you c...
- Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:40 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Risks of night flying
- Replies: 34
- Views: 6063
Re: Risks of night flying
The question was"what addition risks exists by virtue of this being a night flight, in the preflight planning, preflight, taxi, run up ? " preflight would be same as always except you need a flashlight, preflight not sure where additional risks are there, Taxi is the most risk now your moving, you c...
- Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:46 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Training at an uncontrolled vs controlled airport
- Replies: 41
- Views: 7420
Re: Training at an uncontrolled vs controlled airport
I trained out of London not that busy but taxing and waiting for other traffic adds up. A small field would save some of that time. Radio work is everywhere, even at small fields you broadcast. Your instructor will make sure you get to a few different fields. I bet you'll go to CYXU you call them be...
- Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:17 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Risks of night flying
- Replies: 34
- Views: 6063
Re: Risks of night flying
The additional risks would be mostly related to not being able to see much in any given direction I would think. Making sure your lighting inside the A/C was working and U had a back up light. Wouldn't the additional risks be printed and in your face before you took the night rating ground school? I...
- Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:31 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: High Time vs. Low Time?
- Replies: 72
- Views: 6861
Re: High Time vs. Low Time?
I'd wager, you can fly around your practice area, do circuits in whatever you fly, as safely as I can. You can also accomplish a 200 mile cross country in good VFR weather as safely as I can. It's all relative. You are (with certain common sense limitations) as safe as any pilot out there, regardles...
- Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:46 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: High Time vs. Low Time?
- Replies: 72
- Views: 6861
Re: High Time vs. Low Time?
I'm a low timer 200 hs. I'm saying high time people are safer. They have experience and they have been tested. Low timers less of both.
- Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:49 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Aviation's Apex - Piper's Perfection
- Replies: 21
- Views: 3490
Re: Aviation's Apex - Piper's Perfection
It never had a step when I bought it ,but walmart had a plastic stool for 10 bucks, so that's what I use. I saw a step kit for not much cash but somehow I don't need the step. The guy who had the A/C before me was 82 when he quit, he owned it for 26 years, used to just sit down on the wing and then ...
- Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:06 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Aviation's Apex - Piper's Perfection
- Replies: 21
- Views: 3490
Re: Aviation's Apex - Piper's Perfection
''You will tire of lugging everything up onto the wing to put it in the one tiny door.'' Not on my PA-28-160. The luggage compartment is conveniently located just before the wing, and you can drop stuff into it from the pilot seat by lobbing said stuff over the back seat. The view isn't that bad. As...
- Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:03 pm
- Forum: ATS Question Forum
- Topic: What's the procedure
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4459
Re: What's the procedure
Thank to all, burly's answer does it for me.
- Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:24 am
- Forum: ATS Question Forum
- Topic: What's the procedure
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4459
Re: What's the procedure
So I ask a question in ATS and this is the answer I get. Thank you Oxi for your response everybody else must be busy. I'm from CYYJ and am just looking for some sort of heads up on the scenario going east form CYWB. I get the CFS PRO for departing but never having been in the area I thought someone ...
- Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:53 pm
- Forum: ATS Question Forum
- Topic: What's the procedure
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4459
What's the procedure
When leaving Springbank for Saskatoon what's the procedure for getting through Calgary airspace?
- Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:37 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Maylan closed?
- Replies: 53
- Views: 11855
Re: Maylan closed?
I trained at Empire for my PPL. The group that were there in 2006-07 were great people. I loved the fact that most instructors were trained from day 1 there. They were still students and had crisp minds and most were very good at instructing. I saw my first instructor go on to the military and felt ...
- Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:30 am
- Forum: Maintenance
- Topic: Should I expect this problemn to be fixed
- Replies: 48
- Views: 6788
Re: Should I expect this problemn to be fixed
Thanks guys for your comments and opinions, if they don't help me then I hope others will get great ideas when having problemnswith their A/C. I do suffer from bad diagnostic skill syndrom and will make a real effort to get better. Why would I keep flying it? Because my AME told me it was good to go...
- Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:24 pm
- Forum: Maintenance
- Topic: Should I expect this problemn to be fixed
- Replies: 48
- Views: 6788
Re: Should I expect this problemn to be fixed
I told them the the battery discharged several times. I would charge it and fly it and loose electrical. The gen would be the first thing I'd think of. Or I thought a new battery would be the simplest. I've spent $1000.00 x ? and still have the original prob.
- Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:30 pm
- Forum: Maintenance
- Topic: Should I expect this problemn to be fixed
- Replies: 48
- Views: 6788
Should I expect this problemn to be fixed
I have an electrical problemn. As I fly my amps discharge I lose my radio and then the A/C won't start again. I give it to the shop they come up with you need a new starter, new cables etc. I went for my first flight and I still have the same problemn. I know it's just the best guess sometimes but r...
- Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:05 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: DA20 as a personal aircraft
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3584
Re: DA20 as a personal aircraft
I trained on the Kantana and as a trainer it's great. Not so much as a personal AC. Not much fuel and if you have full fuel you can't take much baggage. The Da 40 would be the plane to use as a personal AC if you could afford it.
- Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:30 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Can anyone think of an uglier flying machine than the R44?
- Replies: 60
- Views: 11973
Re: Can anyone think of an uglier flying machine than the R4
I just have to say that my PA28-160 is pretty ugly when I get the bill for maintenance,then the wife gets ugly, what's a man to do?
- Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:17 am
- Forum: ATS Question Forum
- Topic: What is the procedure?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1826
Re: What is the procedure?
Thanks for the info WOXOF, I think there are many who fear crossing that dotted line/the borded. A transponder code is mandatory even to fly circuits here in Victoria. I have crossed over to the mainland and get above the USA briefly, but wanted confirmation on the procedure going south. I find it i...
- Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:33 am
- Forum: ATS Question Forum
- Topic: What is the procedure?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1826
What is the procedure?
I live in Victoria Bc and can see the Olimpic Mountains in the US from my house. I'm telling my wife I'll fly her there for a spin around a few of the peaks. So then we can see a place we flew to everyday after that. Do I have to fly over to a US airport and do coustoms or can I just talk to whoever...
- Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:12 am
- Forum: AvCanada's Wall
- Topic: Jack Ellard (Victoria BC)
- Replies: 8
- Views: 36023
Re: Jack Ellard (Victoria BC)
I posted this notice in the general comments and to my surprise only one person responded. I went to the service. I sat with a veteran who knew him as a younger man and listened to the stories of his life, later I watched as other pilots honored Jack with a fly by and the missing man formation. I le...
- Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:54 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: West Coast Help
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1631
Re: West Coast Help
Look at Air Canada web page. They have flights to and ftom every hour or so, looks like your times are there.
- Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:40 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Life insurance : advice?
- Replies: 32
- Views: 3867
Re: Life insurance : advice?
Check with your morgage lender, they usually ask if you want insurance, ours says if one of us dies the morgage is paid.