Search found 25 matches
- Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:08 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Traffic Advisories...
- Replies: 38
- Views: 3234
Re: Traffic Advisories...
sorry to offend the two of you below, perhaps what I was trying to say was mis-interpreted. When FSS frequencys are congested, two minutes of frequency congestion because of a 1 minute ETA change on a VFR flight plan is unnecessary. And yes, I realize that FSS starts SAR from the last known point of...
- Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:29 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Please help me choose the right path.
- Replies: 12
- Views: 1538
Re: Please help me choose the right path.
From what a military recruiter has told me, CURRENTLY you need a university degree to be accepted. This was changed really recently, as a few years ago, you needed nothing but to pass the selection process. That was when they were really short pilots...apparently they are not scrounging for pilots l...
- Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:32 pm
- Forum: Employment Forum
- Topic: Ornge " Second Interview"
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2126
Re: Ornge " Second Interview"
There were some news releases regarding Toronto City Centre airport, as well as a temporary base last summer in Muskoka airport. I believe that the somewhat "official" line of southern ontario lies between Toronto and Barrie.
- Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:08 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Where will you be?
- Replies: 18
- Views: 1833
Re: Where will you be?
lin_pilot, must be a soo student or grad(That is not meant as an attack on you), You can definetly land a job with what confed gives you in floats, trust me on that(I dont know how it is now with the economic downturn but a few years ago I've known people in my class to have a float gig a few month...
- Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:26 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Where will you be?
- Replies: 18
- Views: 1833
Re: Where will you be?
a float rating, but still not the 50 hours that most company's want for insurance.
- Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:24 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Helicopter Question
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1026
Re: Helicopter Question
I thought I may have heard something about Mr. Sikorsky flying right-seat and it could have went from there?
- Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:43 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: AME, piloting etc
- Replies: 9
- Views: 1027
Re: AME, piloting etc
I'm not sure if I misunderstood, did you apply to centennial for flight training and AME or only AME? If you applied to centennial for flight training, you have indicated that you are willing to pay for the flight training. Why not go to school for AME and pay for the training on the side from the l...
- Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:09 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Writing th INRAT
- Replies: 17
- Views: 2449
Re: Writing th INRAT
thks zlin... I believe the one you got is the last one to be sent. There will not be a new one in April 2009 (at least that's what the flyer said in the latest safety letter .. Thats unfortunate. Paper copies are the way to go! I hope I'll still be able to get the Cat1 medical after staring at the ...
- Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:38 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Writing th INRAT
- Replies: 17
- Views: 2449
Re: Writing th INRAT
Also try this link. I am not sure what issue they are selling here as it says 2008-2. I would call before ordering.
http://shop.tc.gc.ca/TChtml/ibeCCtpItmD ... item=45453
http://shop.tc.gc.ca/TChtml/ibeCCtpItmD ... item=45453
- Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:31 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Writing th INRAT
- Replies: 17
- Views: 2449
Re: Writing th INRAT
... just one problem...the "current AIM" is an online thing only now, you cant get it as a book anymore. This really sucks on the part of TC ... You cant even buy one! Like many I still have my old AIP all up-to-date to the last mailed amendment. So who the heck is going to print the AIM from back ...
- Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:52 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Cost of CPL
- Replies: 12
- Views: 1483
Re: Cost of CPL
Avg. 125/hr for the plane alone x 200 hrs MINIMUM is 25 000
of the 200 hours say 100 is dual x 45/hr is 4500
plus books and ground school.
I would say you are looking close to 30k.
of the 200 hours say 100 is dual x 45/hr is 4500
plus books and ground school.
I would say you are looking close to 30k.
- Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:28 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Scholarships and bursaries
- Replies: 7
- Views: 825
Re: Scholarships and bursaries
Your Financial Aid office should also be able to help.
- Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:57 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Scholarships and bursaries
- Replies: 7
- Views: 825
Re: Scholarships and bursaries
Sorry for the earlier comment, here are a couple sites that may work. In some cases just applying for some of the scholarships will get you them as nobody else may have applied.
http://www.scholarshipscanada.com/
and I believe the other site is
www.studentawards.com
Good Luck
http://www.scholarshipscanada.com/
and I believe the other site is
www.studentawards.com
Good Luck
- Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:09 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Colleges In Ontario
- Replies: 52
- Views: 7148
Re: Colleges In Ontario
MikeSexr, My marks were rather high with all university courses, however, I have many friends who were in the same position, if not worse than you, and they were accepted and the majority made it through first semester. It all has to do with attitude and hard work at the Sault. It also has to do wit...
- Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:03 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: How much?
- Replies: 31
- Views: 2888
Re: How much?
I am confused as to the point you are trying to make? Take today for example. I logged 2.7 dual and 1.0 solo in an aerobatic single engine aircraft. 2.7 x 150 (aerobatic plane average rate???) = $405 1.0 x 150 = $150 2.7 x 50 (instructor rate average?) = $135 x 13% taxes = $89. 70 Total = $779.70 My...
- Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:46 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: How much?
- Replies: 31
- Views: 2888
Re: How much?
Please do explain how you manage to swing that kind of sweet deal. It's called government subsidization lol. I go to Sault College. I pay normal tuition for the college diploma, and then get all of the flight training free. I could have gotten all of it for free, however I managed to get my PPL bef...
- Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:44 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Colleges In Ontario
- Replies: 52
- Views: 7148
Re: Colleges In Ontario
I would approximate that 60% of career oriented student pilots do not attend or get accepted to a college. It's aslo a well known fact that only a portion of those that do get accepted will actually complete the program. Some of the college programs have notably high attrition rates. It's not unhea...
- Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:06 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: How much?
- Replies: 31
- Views: 2888
Re: How much?
10k PPL, everything else FREE!! Courtesy of the Ontario Government. Could have all been free.
- Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:48 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Few Questions Regarding Aviations Colleges
- Replies: 37
- Views: 2514
Re: Few Questions Regarding Aviations Colleges
thanks for helping to translate my comments. i'm sure the zlin is a nice aircraft but fleet reliability and safety record are way more important than type IMHO. i would choose confed over the sault if confeds fleet was just as safe and reliable and i went to the sault. i have no idea what the safet...
- Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:50 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Which college for a Quebecker?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1182
Re: Which college for a Quebecker?
Hello, I am currently enrolled in the Sault College program, and I know that they accept out of province students. More specific to your case, there was a person from Quebec who just graduated here last year. I know she was from the Montreal area. I am not sure what she did for the high-school porti...
- Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:34 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Few Questions Regarding Aviations Colleges
- Replies: 37
- Views: 2514
Re: Few Questions Regarding Aviations Colleges
sorry my mistake
- Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:03 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Few Questions Regarding Aviations Colleges
- Replies: 37
- Views: 2514
Re: Few Questions Regarding Aviations Colleges
no need to clarify for me, I am already in year two of the program lol!
- Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:20 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Few Questions Regarding Aviations Colleges
- Replies: 37
- Views: 2514
Re: Few Questions Regarding Aviations Colleges
Hello again, The Sault does not have a "person" requirement, as in there is no set number of people that do not make it through. It is entirely based on your own marks. And first semester math is very simple, and more a review of high school math. There are plenty of students in my year who had belo...
- Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:51 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Few Questions Regarding Aviations Colleges
- Replies: 37
- Views: 2514
Re: Few Questions Regarding Aviations Colleges
Yes for sure, where about are you working now?
- Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:14 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Few Questions Regarding Aviations Colleges
- Replies: 37
- Views: 2514
Re: Few Questions Regarding Aviations Colleges
Hey there, I am currently in the Sault Program and loving it. The Zlin242 is a wonderful machine and a great trainer. I would highly recommend choosing one of the government subsidized programs (Seneca, Sault, Confed). Total tuition for the three years in the Sault will be approximately 16 000, and ...