Search found 7 matches

by newpilot
Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:08 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Buckle up that shoulder harness!
Replies: 19
Views: 2648

Re: Buckle up that shoulder harness!

Flyingthebug, thanks for the reply! Nothing like a picture to drive a point home...
by newpilot
Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:34 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Buckle up that shoulder harness!
Replies: 19
Views: 2648

Re: Buckle up that shoulder harness!

Interesting thread...I myself am only a student pilot flying a C172, and now thinking about it I realize that I often have my belt done up rather loosely - especially on longer flights. I guess I'll be tightening them down going forward! Rowdy, Flyinthebug: For those not in know, what happened with ...
by newpilot
Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:19 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Questions - Fifth Estate Safety Issues...
Replies: 13
Views: 1941

Re: Questions - Fifth Estate Safety Issues...

Thanks for replying everyone! As a student pilot, this website is a great resource not only to gain knowledge, but also to hear the opinions of others in the industry... After watching the 5th tho, I was a little surprised to see them making such a big deal about a bag not being screened. ... now to...
by newpilot
Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:13 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Questions - Fifth Estate Safety Issues...
Replies: 13
Views: 1941

Questions - Fifth Estate Safety Issues...

I was reading the Fifth Estate thread, and a few posts spoke of SEIFR / Medevac / Night Circling Approaches as safety issues. As an uninformed student pilot I am curious what these problems actually are... Perhaps someone could enlighten me? SEIFR: I think I've got this one figured out...clearly los...
by newpilot
Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:16 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: TC server down?
Replies: 8
Views: 716

Re: TC server down?

Maybe they ran out of money to maintain their servers...All those pilots holding out on their $55, you know?

:rolleyes:
by newpilot
Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:52 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Telex 50D
Replies: 25
Views: 4149

Re: Telex 50D

Whoa, thanks for all the comments - I wasn't expecting this much response :) After a quick review of the suggestions/opinions it seems that the Telex 50D might be overkill for me... I'm currently using a DC H10-13.4 and think that it's great - it's just that I would like to start using a ANR headset...
by newpilot
Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:37 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Telex 50D
Replies: 25
Views: 4149

Telex 50D

Hi Folks, First post on these message boards, although I've been enjoying reading them for a couple years now! Hopefully one day I'll have enough experience to contribute something worthwhile, but until then a quick question will have to do... I was reading in another thread regarding headsets sugge...

Go to advanced search