Search found 42 matches

by Torn
Fri May 22, 2020 11:13 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Edo 2790's
Replies: 2
Views: 1383

Edo 2790's

Hope someone can shed some light for me... I have a 185 with edo 2790's and when I park it and don't fly for a bit(week or so) the hydrallic pressure bleeds off so when airborne and I select gear up it just runs hydraulic pump for very long time and doesn't bring gear up and lock.... I have to cycle...
by Torn
Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:29 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Cessna 185 external load stc
Replies: 1
Views: 844

Cessna 185 external load stc

Does anyone know if there is a stc/lstc for external load for 185 w/edo 2790’s? Can you send me PM if you know anyone that has one.
by Torn
Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:12 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: SMS WEATHER / InReach
Replies: 4
Views: 1589

SMS WEATHER / InReach

Anyone know if you can sms to get weather in Canada? I believe in the US you can send a sms to 466453 and a few numbers to get weather and stock quotes ect. Something like "metar ksdl" and it would send you a sms with ksdl latest metar. I was thinking that one could use a inReach at altitude and sen...
by Torn
Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:27 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: IPAD
Replies: 38
Views: 7503

Re: IPAD

Under FARS they have an approval process however in that circular it states the following "EFBs include everything from commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) notebook computers to fully-integrated avionics systems. The FAA AC 120-76A referenced above addresses the use of EFBs in the United States. While t...
by Torn
Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:51 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: IPAD
Replies: 38
Views: 7503

Re: IPAD

Hawkerflyer, Curious as you where you got your info on sending out for pressure testing and certification number. I didn't see that anywhere in the circular. An iPad is a class 1 EFB. Here is a link the the circular if anyone wants to read it. http://www.navcanada.ca/ContentDefinitionFiles/Publicati...
by Torn
Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:46 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Missinippi Air Now Requires Training Bond
Replies: 44
Views: 7694

Re: Missinippi Air Now Requires Training Bond

How does a bond affect whether or not a company is decent to work for?
by Torn
Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:22 am
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: ATPL
Replies: 13
Views: 1973

Re: ATPL

Interesting... That's obviously why I never see them mentioned.
by Torn
Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:06 am
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: ATPL
Replies: 13
Views: 1973

Re: ATPL

So what are these ".." books???
by Torn
Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:55 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Aircraft with 24v power supply
Replies: 6
Views: 904

Aircraft with 24v power supply

Can anyone provide me with single engine aircraft with 24v power supply? I have been searching google and it apprear's as if the C-206 and C-207's do? is that correct? Can anyone confirm or add any they know of.

Thanks,
Torn
by Torn
Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:48 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Bombardier....lost cause??
Replies: 42
Views: 5987

Dust Devil wrote:Reasons I don't fly Air Canada

#1 Crappy service

#2 The RJ which leads back to #1
If it wasn't for Air Canada Regina wouldn't have an airport at all.
by Torn
Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:18 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: YLW Incident
Replies: 13
Views: 2907

Maybe the FOs were taxiing?
Shut up
by Torn
Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:08 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Waterproof sat phones
Replies: 5
Views: 743

Globalstar should be a lot better soon. I read on the internet that they are adding a bunch more satellites to their constellation Their new phone looks pretty cool. It even has Ev-Do. Check it out: http://www.globalstar.ca/en/gsp1700/features.php Also, can't go wrong with a Iridium but I think the ...
by Torn
Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:07 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Hedley's "Pop Quiz"
Replies: 4
Views: 1128

Hedley's "Pop Quiz"

If you have props, instead of pulling the throttle (MP) for the descent, reduce RPM (coarse pitch).

Pop quiz for the newbies: why is this more efficient?
So Hedley, when do we get this answer to your pop quiz?[/quote]
by Torn
Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:39 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: More $$$ For Milty
Replies: 21
Views: 2540

Whatever, if the home depot guy could get 150 million to quit after getting paid 50 million to lose money for the company, you're right, uncle milton deserves every penny...
That doesn't even make any sense.
by Torn
Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:32 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Airports in Canada View in Google Earth
Replies: 14
Views: 2971

wow, pretty cool. How long did that take you? Looks like some major work.
by Torn
Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:24 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: More $$$ For Milty
Replies: 21
Views: 2540

He deserves every penny.
by Torn
Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:16 am
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: E.I. Question
Replies: 13
Views: 1390

Hope he gets caught, because he is stealing from my wallet. And, from every other taxpayer.
It's guys like this that get you caught.
by Torn
Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:28 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Descents/Efficiency
Replies: 26
Views: 3098

Exactly, I don't think it is. Thats why I said, " I can't see that being very good either". But anyways, give us all an answer to your "pop quiz".
by Torn
Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:35 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Descents/Efficiency
Replies: 26
Views: 3098

If you have props, instead of pulling the throttle (MP) for the descent, reduce RPM (coarse pitch). Pop quiz for the newbies: why is this more efficient? Sounds retarted. I'm not a newbie, but reducing your rpm will increase your MP. I have heard the opposite - people increasing their rpm which dec...
by Torn
Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:43 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: $100 burgers and $500 golf.... in the prairies
Replies: 19
Views: 2794

Fly to Nelson! That is a pretty cool little town...
by Torn
Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:42 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Cell Phone Adapter?
Replies: 3
Views: 773

I have seen used ones sell on ebay from time to time. Usually the brand "SafetyCell". Sportys.com sells one for $99.... But If you are looking at buying a brand new one expect to pay $100+.
by Torn
Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:32 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Need urgent help with a charter flight
Replies: 38
Views: 3562

I hear ya Doc!
Sounds a bit sketchy to me too.
by Torn
Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:04 pm
Forum: Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service
Topic: question for survey guys?
Replies: 4
Views: 1813

Depends on the perameters of the equipment you are using. Generally on some passes we MUST be within 5 meters.
What kind of survey are you doing that requires that?
by Torn
Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:44 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Norman Wells WTF
Replies: 16
Views: 3858

Nevermind, I guess I got my answer and for anyone else who cares.... Aparently is was URSUS Aviation's 172. It ran out of fuel and landed short of runway 27 in Norman Wells. The incident happened yeserday Sept. 22.
by Torn
Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:32 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Norman Wells WTF
Replies: 16
Views: 3858

When did this 172 incident happen?

Go to advanced search