Search found 36 matches

by tumbleweed
Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:35 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Whitehorse
Replies: 33
Views: 4365

Re: Whitehorse

Free Pour Joes. Can't remember anything else.
by tumbleweed
Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:33 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Required reading for pilots
Replies: 54
Views: 7413

Re: Required reading for pilots

Turbine Pilots Flight manual.
by tumbleweed
Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:22 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Help Needed in a BIG way.....
Replies: 23
Views: 3393

Re: Help Needed in a BIG way.....

You should listen to your gut feeling on this decision. You haven't given enough information for anyone to give you good advice. You are also asking advice from people who don't even post their real name. Including me. The company may tell you a specific period of time as dispatch but that might be ...
by tumbleweed
Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:46 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Balanced Field
Replies: 13
Views: 2765

604
by tumbleweed
Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:31 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: CADOR Site
Replies: 7
Views: 1560

You have to apply to see them. Contact your POI and he/she will get you started.
by tumbleweed
Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:06 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: coral harbour
Replies: 14
Views: 2399

Call the Air Nunavut guys they will be able to help you.
by tumbleweed
Fri May 04, 2007 1:30 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: CANADIAN REGIONAL THE END F-28
Replies: 3
Views: 1223

Never even got the chance to apply to my dream job
by tumbleweed
Wed May 02, 2007 4:53 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Keystone blames Transport Canada.
Replies: 260
Views: 62914

Nice try. While I admire where you're coming from, it just ain't Okay! I have "real experience" and there is just No excuse for this. Sorry. If we keep 'sugar coating" it (and that's just what you're doing) it'll just happen again. Until there is a real "example" made, no young will stand up to com...
by tumbleweed
Tue May 01, 2007 7:33 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Keystone blames Transport Canada.
Replies: 260
Views: 62914

Exactly. If that company was so safe dispatch would have been instructed to keep that airplane on the ground unless it was vfr. That is a break down from the DOM to the Ops manager to the Chief Pilot. Which would lead me to believe they quietly condoned ingnoring the inconvenient CARs. That is what ...
by tumbleweed
Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:29 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: oceanic crossing
Replies: 12
Views: 1580

http://www.nat-pco.org/docs.htm

There is a link for general aviation for the North Atlantic.
Plenty of preplanning is required. CYFB has a limited supply of avgas and it is in drums. Greenlands airports run on bankers hours.
by tumbleweed
Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:57 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Keystone blames Transport Canada.
Replies: 260
Views: 62914

I sand corrected. I have been in simular situations in the past. I really believe this topic and the out come of the trial should be posted as a sticky so it doesn't move down once people quit writing in here.
by tumbleweed
Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:45 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Keystone blames Transport Canada.
Replies: 260
Views: 62914

Bob you are getting too personal. This case should be well documented and used as a case study in ground schools for commercial students. This situation is almost a perfect worst case senario. This company and guy should be a poster for how things are not done. This is the perfect cheese model. Push...
by tumbleweed
Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:44 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Keystone blames Transport Canada.
Replies: 260
Views: 62914

That OHS stuff is all fine and good. How does a pilot prove he was pushed. Certain managers are very good at hinting or implying that "If a guy just..." some of you will know who I am quoting. What is needed at the flight school level is a little education on the act, and have them springloaded and ...
by tumbleweed
Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:46 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: 12 weeks and still no answer?
Replies: 47
Views: 10868

You guys gotta quit hijacking theese threds. There is lots of guys who are trying to plan their lives around this interview. I had my whole life and career on hold for five months until I was PFO'd. The worst part about it was they won't tell you why, and tell you to try again. I have a very senior ...
by tumbleweed
Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:26 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Garmin 530/430 Question
Replies: 12
Views: 2118

I don't have any charts in front of me but is MACAR the start of a procedure? I have noticed that my Garmins will tell me that the faf I might enter into a flight plan doesn't exist. But if you use the procedure button it will pull up the approach the desired fix is used. Then you can load the appro...
by tumbleweed
Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:10 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Wouldn't want to be them!
Replies: 58
Views: 9265

How about this take on this situation. When I started flying nobody promised me a job at Air Canada or Canadian (at that time). So how are you guys getting screwed because someone other than you is getting hired at jazz. How about doing the best job you can and then good things will happen to you. I...
by tumbleweed
Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:47 am
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: And The Wait Continues
Replies: 25
Views: 7207

I interviewed in YVR, mid october and was told two months. No word yet. I have heard rumours of 5months to even get a PFO. Also heard a rumour of 7 months for successful letter.
by tumbleweed
Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:24 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Okay, it's 900 OVC and 1 mile......
Replies: 57
Views: 9783

You're going to descend through an overcast layer on a contact approach? No But visibility is the limiter. not the celling. Doc did not specify what the mins for the approach are. What I was getting at, is if you are below the ceiling but limited for approach by vis use the contact approach. i.e. c...
by tumbleweed
Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:26 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Okay, it's 900 OVC and 1 mile......
Replies: 57
Views: 9783

Contact approach would be my solution to that. As long as you are clear of clound and 1 mile vis. I haven't found anything banning that yet.

A contact approach is just a visual approach that maintains your airspace in the event you lose visual reference to the ground.
by tumbleweed
Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:34 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Not a Medevac?...Dont call yourself a Medevac..
Replies: 98
Views: 15649

The bottom line is if you are on a medevac mission, going to pick up or returning home empty most employers who watch their bottom line will tell you to file medevac, because nav canada fees are waived for medevac flights. End of story.

If you guys really hate it lobby the rule makers
by tumbleweed
Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:45 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: be lvl at ?
Replies: 22
Views: 2721

When you are told to be level at a fix, it is up to you how you get down to the altitude cleared as long as you are at the specified point when they say. Sometimes you have a lot of time to get there, and sometimes you have to decide if it is even possible.
by tumbleweed
Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:53 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Renewal bonds
Replies: 33
Views: 4378

Just to make sure I am clear renewal bonds are crap. You have worked for said company for the term of your first bond. They should reconize your value as an employee. Perhaps you are an idiot and they are hoping you quit although they have no reason to fire you. I can't see or even concieve a good r...
by tumbleweed
Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:23 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Renewal bonds
Replies: 33
Views: 4378

If you guys keep scheming on how to get out of the bond. More and more employers will demand bonds up front. All of this chat about bonds and how much you hate them and how to get out of them just lowers your precieved integerity level. Personally I wish there was no bonds but I also wish that most ...
by tumbleweed
Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:59 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Vancouver Sun - BUY IT WEDNESDAY! SONIC BLUE SLAMMED......
Replies: 72
Views: 17017

Guys and Gals, I am tired of hearing poor pressured pilot. Almost every company I worked for tried to pressure me into doing something I didn't want to do. For example I was in a southern airport with a doctor, I called the boss saying i could not get back north because there was no destination or a...
by tumbleweed
Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:19 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Why the ramp Etc. before flying?
Replies: 67
Views: 10928

I hear what the new guys are saying, we want to fly right away. I learned a lot from a summer on the dock. It is an invaluable tool to get to know your future pilot. Put yourself in a small operators position. There is a pile of resumes mostly kids of 19 to 21 years old the only differences is some ...

Go to advanced search