Search found 91 matches

by Shtinky
Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:56 am
Forum: Employment Forum
Topic: Hiring Requirements, FO positions
Replies: 21
Views: 4565

If you have 600-750 hours, and a MIFR, and some operator offers you a ramp job, tell him to stuff his head up his ass and fight for air... A flying job is IN an airplane, not loading one!! ... Working a ramp for a year, will cost you a flying job today! Really. Different people have different opini...
by Shtinky
Wed May 03, 2006 3:18 pm
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: Current Gasoline Prices and PeakOil
Replies: 50
Views: 8332

Finally and most importantly, the world/civilization didn't end/stop after the depression, and as you mentioned people bartered for whatever they needed, so when fuel prices sky rocket and we the people can't afford it, civilization will not collapse, maybe crime will increase, but we will "live on...
by Shtinky
Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:59 am
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: Iran Oil Bourse Update
Replies: 7
Views: 767

The Iranian government is being quite aggressive but it is their right to do this, as much as it is their right to enrich uranium. Iran is not similar to Iraq. It is known as a relatively sophisticated and educated society. However if President Ahmadinejad was one I.Q. point smarter he'd realize tha...
by Shtinky
Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:32 am
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: The Zen of Ping Pong and the World Economy
Replies: 1
Views: 379

The Zen of Ping Pong and the World Economy

Not too long ago I picked up at the local library Donald Trump's CD on a book "How To Get Rich". Not that I'll ever get rich being a flight instructor but I was ready to discover new ways of thinking and see what makes other successful people tick. One of the things that really impressed me was a st...
by Shtinky
Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:15 am
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: Current Gasoline Prices and PeakOil
Replies: 50
Views: 8332

The biggest obstacle to candid communication about our petroleum supply is fear. Looking back at the last year or so, it's clear that people put up an immediate barrier to any discussion that points to a different future and way of living. No one that I ever talked to was responsive to the phrase "P...
by Shtinky
Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:02 am
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: So WTF is up with Iran calling out Israel?
Replies: 52
Views: 7870

priest wrote:They're damned if they attack, and damned if they don't.
You're absolutely right! We're definitely in a jam right now. There's some pain that we'll face in the future. Either it's going to hurt now if we do something about Iran, or experience pain later on when they get 'da bomb'. :cry:
by Shtinky
Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:48 pm
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: Current Gasoline Prices and PeakOil
Replies: 50
Views: 8332

We all know gas prices are a scam... like insurance they blame price increases to consumers on the rising costs of this and that, and other bs factors, and then post record profits. Yes and no. It's true that prices reflect the fears and speculations of what might happen. However, these high petrol...
by Shtinky
Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:33 am
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: Current Gasoline Prices and PeakOil
Replies: 50
Views: 8332

Current Gasoline Prices and PeakOil

Last night for the first time I've heard positive proof about our predicament regarding world oil production. During an interview on the CBC it was confirmed that for the first time in history OPEC is pumping petroleum full out in the last 6 months. It was explained that the amount of oil produced h...
by Shtinky
Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:09 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Study tips for the Commercial written?
Replies: 4
Views: 910

What you need is organization and discipline. You have to commit yourself to a schedule that you know you will follow through with. Here's what I did. 1 . Studied at least one hour per day. 2 . Planned ahead of time what information I wanted to cover in the next day, the next week and next month. 3 ...
by Shtinky
Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:50 am
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: Blondes Reds or Brunettes?
Replies: 42
Views: 4775

So far I've read about people's preferences on...

Blonde hair
Brown hair
Red hair
Black hair

What about "No hair"? Just like Natalie Portman in her new movie? :shock:
by Shtinky
Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:27 pm
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: rehash: Paul McCartney, go f..k yourself
Replies: 13
Views: 1419

Oh...the lobsters!!! Will someone PLEASE think of the lobsters!!! :smt022
by Shtinky
Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:16 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Lack of experienced pilots within the next few years
Replies: 13
Views: 2426

Re: "Pilot shortage in the future" I'm cautiously optimistic about this statement. Let's face it boys and girls the last downturn in the cyclical aviation business was very nasty. I'm sure that there were many people who simply didn't consider getting in because it looked so awful. Perhaps we should...
by Shtinky
Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:45 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Govt funding
Replies: 6
Views: 1077

I've been told by 3 individuals that they had their training paid for by the government. They all possessed a Commercial license prior to this funding. I've also collected extra anectdotal evidence of 2 other individuals who quickly found themselves out of aviation work, applied for Employment Insur...
by Shtinky
Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:41 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Sour cream
Replies: 45
Views: 5780

When I was going for my PPL I was handed off in the middle of my training to a female instructor. I always noticed her when I walked into the flying school and found her very attractive. However, after 2 or 3 flights I switched and went with someone else. Eventhough at the time I didn't have a girlf...
by Shtinky
Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:00 pm
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: Islamic teddy bear!
Replies: 32
Views: 5315

I was brought up in a Christian household during my formative years. From my early teens onward my family and I became non-practicing but I still retained my beliefs. A few years ago however I became very skeptical about everything I was taught and challenged everything to do with Christianity. I wa...
by Shtinky
Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:42 am
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: Islamic teddy bear!
Replies: 32
Views: 5315

...extremists would stop blowing themselves up, maybe we’d stop making fun of em…just a thought. This may be true KAG but is it truly necessary to make fun of them? If we know that certain groups out there are nuts is it wise to taunt them? Some deranged people are like kegs of dynamite. Why should...
by Shtinky
Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:55 pm
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: Islamic teddy bear!
Replies: 32
Views: 5315

Teddy-Rux(grenade)pin

or how 'bout...

Bombington Bear :D
by Shtinky
Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:08 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: JAR Conversion
Replies: 15
Views: 2029

...maybe thinking that I might get a right seat on a jet. There are too many pilots in Canada, that's why the pay is crap. Tomasz we all understand how you feel. Aviation is a harsh mistress. The pay is usually not commensurate with your abilities. Although not everyone is the same there are some o...
by Shtinky
Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:49 pm
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: MSN poll result - 86% favor immediate impeachment of Bush
Replies: 50
Views: 3794

Schinky --------since you obviously like statistics, then I have one for you also. Name me ONE US President who was nominated for and ran for the Oval Office with a major health concern on his resume. In case you've forgotten, Cheney missed near-death with a SECOND heart attack and there was some c...
by Shtinky
Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 am
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: MSN poll result - 86% favor immediate impeachment of Bush
Replies: 50
Views: 3794

There will be no need for George W. Bush to be impeached. Before his presidential mandate is over we will wake up to a world where Dick Cheney will be at the American helm. Things can change very rapidly. Through 'time and unforseen occurence' powerful leaders can be humbled, replaced and forgetten....
by Shtinky
Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:41 pm
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: What are your resolutions for 2006?
Replies: 24
Views: 1939

New Year's Resolutions 2006

1. To never, ever, ever get fu**ed around by anyone again(person, organization, company etc.)
2. Stop being a 'nice guy'
3. "NO!!! I will not work for free!!!"
by Shtinky
Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:55 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: multi after private or commercial?
Replies: 59
Views: 8386

Re: multi time after private?

Sorry if I offend some here but, working the desk at a school is not paying dues, instructing is not paying dues, slug it out building docks, painting or whatever for a year and presto, you're in a Turbine aircraft. Problem is that some people say "but I don't want to go up north, I like the City" ...
by Shtinky
Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:23 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Gifts from students
Replies: 24
Views: 4175

I also received $40 from one of my passengers after a scenic flight. I bought the real Kraft Dinner that week. 8)
by Shtinky
Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:09 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Gifts from students
Replies: 24
Views: 4175

cyyz wrote:
Shtinky wrote: a cheque for $200.00 which by the way I didn't cash but framed it
instead. :D
Cause you pay the 25$ when it goes NSF...
Zzzzzzing!
by Shtinky
Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:11 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Gifts from students
Replies: 24
Views: 4175

Entire collection of 2 different seasons of the Simpsons on DVD and...

... a cheque for $200.00 which by the way I didn't cash but framed it
instead. :D

Go to advanced search