Search found 6 matches

by thegrimm
Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:26 am
Forum: Employment Forum
Topic: Air Georgian
Replies: 126
Views: 32401

Re: Air Georgian

can anyone tells me what a pilote schedule looks like with Air Georgian I am suppose to start soon and i wonder what thecondition are thanks Like tbaylx said, that might have been a good question during your interview. However, to simplify I would say that flight scheduling is like realestate, inst...
by thegrimm
Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:35 pm
Forum: Employment Forum
Topic: Air Georgian
Replies: 126
Views: 32401

Re: Air Georgian

As a current GGN captain I can say that things aren't as bad as people seem to think. There are far worse places to work. Can you make more money elsewhere? Well of course. But on the plus side I do live in the city I want, get the schedule I want, and my daily life is pretty easy. I also want to ad...
by thegrimm
Wed May 09, 2012 6:18 pm
Forum: Employment Forum
Topic: From instructing to Georgian
Replies: 54
Views: 10082

Re: From instructing to Georgian

I went straight to Georgian from instructing. I had just over 1500TT, 300 or so multi, and my ATPL. Not sure what they are looking for now but I do know they now have new hiring practices similar to Air Canada with a cognitive and psych test.
by thegrimm
Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:51 pm
Forum: Employment Forum
Topic: Georgian Interview
Replies: 18
Views: 7663

Re: Georgian Interview

While I agree that pay is well below what it should be, especially for f/o's, lifestyle and opportunity is still there. The Calgary base averages maybe 60 hours a month. There is a reason turnover is high. All of the guys leaving here end up at an airline. Nobody moves sideways here, and the few, i...
by thegrimm
Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:50 pm
Forum: Employment Forum
Topic: Georgian Interview
Replies: 18
Views: 7663

Re: Georgian Interview

I'm also a YYC based Georgian pilot and am quite happy with it. I will agree that the walk can be quite long from the parking lot. In all seriousness though Georgian is a great place to work.
by thegrimm
Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:26 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Flight instructing vs Working the ramp. Doesn't add up?
Replies: 82
Views: 13112

Re: Flight instructing vs Working the ramp. Doesn't add up?

Been an interesting read. My 2 cents. Choose lifestyle. I went the instructor route based solely on this. Wife wouldn't have had it any other way. Think ATPL while in flight school. This will help greatly later on. The 25 hours night XC PIC is the big one. I have always told my students this. I have...

Go to advanced search