Search found 96 matches
- Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:23 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Float Rating in Ottawa Area
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2381
Re: Float Rating in Ottawa Area
Contact Tanner Poulin at RFC. He is rated and instructing. He was my check out instructor and he is very easy going, relatable, and realistic.
- Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:46 am
- Forum: ATS Question Forum
- Topic: YOW - SQUAWK Codes
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6927
Re: YOW - SQUAWK Codes
Thanks much for the quick response Braun. I did all of my flight training out of CYOW so i was quite used to the procedures with Clearance/Ground/Tower/Terminal. But now based out of an uncountrolled site, it is much different and slightly out of my comfort zone. I just need to build the confidence,...
- Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:14 am
- Forum: ATS Question Forum
- Topic: YOW - SQUAWK Codes
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6927
YOW - SQUAWK Codes
Hi, I have just recently switched to the Rockcliffe Flying Club (RFC) at CYRO which is settled right in between CYOW (OTTAWA) and CYND (GATINEAU). I am wondering what is the best way to request a squawk code? Is there a 1800 number to call and get prior to startup? Is it better to acquire before dep...
- Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:17 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Map Reading
- Replies: 15
- Views: 2660
Map Reading
Hi,
Does anyone have any good online map learning tools such as movies/emoudles, etc? Look at skyvector today made me realize that I am severely lacking that skills department.
Cheers,
Andrew
Does anyone have any good online map learning tools such as movies/emoudles, etc? Look at skyvector today made me realize that I am severely lacking that skills department.
Cheers,
Andrew
- Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:15 pm
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Transfering Schools/Clubs
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1631
Re: Transfering Schools/Clubs
Nah. Not giving up on the Craptana, just relocating to a different airport that is closer to my house.
I love the Katana because i feel like it is the miata of the sky, but the Cessna has more weight and PAX capacity
I love the Katana because i feel like it is the miata of the sky, but the Cessna has more weight and PAX capacity
- Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:47 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Transfering Schools/Clubs
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1631
Re: Transfering Schools/Clubs
Many thanks RNAV30 for the quick response. I will definitely need to take a POH on my next business trip to get up to speed and some light reading.. I will find out the model and PM you once i know!
TIA!
TIA!
- Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:52 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Transfering Schools/Clubs
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1631
Transfering Schools/Clubs
Hello all, just wanting to do my research before making the big leap. The club i am looking at going to has all Cessna's. What is involved in the checkout ride(s)? How many flights are usually involved? What do i need to read up on for the Cessna? I have 80+ hrs on the DV20 with 0 on a Cessna (150/1...
- Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:31 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Radio License.
- Replies: 43
- Views: 8422
Re: Radio License.
ummmm. Were you searching cougar dating earlier or was it just coincidence?niss wrote:Fun fact, this is what the top post looks like to me. I can't help but think the two are related.
- Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:26 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: The Colonel ??
- Replies: 6
- Views: 1502
The Colonel ??
What happened to our good friend the Colonel? I haven't seen him posting on here in a long time.
- Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: how can I improve my landings?
- Replies: 137
- Views: 18547
Re: how can I improve my landings?
All about feel for the aircraft...
Practice practice practice in the circuit....
Nothing on the web will teach you this.
Practice practice practice in the circuit....
Nothing on the web will teach you this.
- Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:44 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Ground School
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1304
- Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:24 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Ground School
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1304
Re: Ground School
I did my groundschool during the earlier part of flight training. This helped me prepare for the various stages of my training. IMO., I'd join it earlier in the flight training stage but not before your first flight. I found the i did it prepared me for the diferent portions of my flying. I would; h...
- Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:59 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: COMPASS Aptitude Test
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1871
Re: COMPASS Aptitude Test
Likewise, I doubt i did well on my test but I now have mine.
- Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:46 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: COMPASS Aptitude Test
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1871
Re: COMPASS Aptitude Test
You should talk to others who have taken the iATPL program...
- Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:57 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: COMPASS Aptitude Test
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1871
Re: COMPASS Aptitude Test
Are you taking it at OAS?
- Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:25 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: A Touch and Go - Is Your Heart in the Landing?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1030
Re: A Touch and Go - Is Your Heart in the Landing?
I can honestly tell you, i've gotten ahead of myself and definitely butchered some landings during a touch and go... Needless to say, I have taken these experiences to heart and have since begun focusing on the touch (land) first before doing anything else because I still have about 5000' of rwy lef...
- Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:08 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: PPL Written
- Replies: 15
- Views: 2161
Re: PPL Written
I am looking to go for my CPL written and these companies do not have a CPL exam. Is it just as good to go with the PPL one?
- Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:57 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: PPL Written
- Replies: 15
- Views: 2161
Re: PPL Written
Look yourself in the mirror on the morning of your exam. Flex your biceps and repeat, "I'm the shit, the top dawg baby. Canyou dig it? somebody call thefire ddepartment. I'm on fire." This is what i do every day, but i also flex my pecs in there too... Its the only way i can get throug the work day...
- Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:17 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Ok kids...
- Replies: 29
- Views: 3723
Re: Ok kids...
Sooooo. You're telling me that I shouldn't put a photo of an aircraft sailing into the sunset as a background photo in the bottom left corner of my cv?Colonel Sanders wrote: No cloud paper.
- Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:39 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Ok kids...
- Replies: 29
- Views: 3723
Re: Ok kids...
Amateurs... I have been flying for just over a year now and I believe I am the best pilot out there. jk.PilotDAR wrote:I bounce the occasional landing too....
- Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:00 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Ok kids...
- Replies: 29
- Views: 3723
Re: Ok kids...
It can be hard to know what to right in your resume, particularly when it's slim pickings at the beginning of you career. I just submitted my first resume ever (and I'm 53) yesterday, to an organization I already work for, just to move up a rank. I had my wife help me right it - she is a college pr...
- Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:51 am
- Forum: ATS Question Forum
- Topic: What's the procedure
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4460
Re: What's the procedure
DS, You wouldn't. On top of the eapis customs requirements, I recommend a full verbal briefing from the US wxbrief -- within 24 hours of your flight. They would go through your route and alert you to any TFR's -- and it's all on tape, which protects you somewhat from any briefing error. Then you go...
- Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:46 pm
- Forum: ATS Question Forum
- Topic: What's the procedure
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4460
Re: What's the procedure
Now you can do a flight to NYC. Same deal except even more handoffs. However I found everyone in both NY and DC on different trips extremely professional and helpful. (although extremely busy as well). Just follow your directions and ask if a request (like different altitude) is needed. Works the s...
- Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:10 am
- Forum: Flight Training
- Topic: Landing/Taking Off in CYTZ
- Replies: 24
- Views: 4046
Re: Landing/Taking Off in CYTZ
Hey, I know that instrument panel pretty well... Nice shot! What was your route? Did you stay for a while or just get some gas at YTZ and go home? I'm not sure my pax could handle 2+ hours nonstop ... My route was direct from CYOW passing just to just north of the Campbleford VOR and south of the Y...
- Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:32 pm
- Forum: ATS Question Forum
- Topic: What's the procedure
- Replies: 17
- Views: 4460
Re: What's the procedure
To put you at even more ease... I flew direct from CYOW to CYTZ. Great flight from one busy airspace to another, simply not being afraid to ask the kind person on the other side of the radio will do wonders. I got to speak with many people (in order)... - Ottawa Clearance - Ottawa Ground - Ottawa To...
