Search found 239 matches
- Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:09 pm
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: Quick and Easy fix for Toyota's acclerator problems!
- Replies: 1
- Views: 521
Re: Quick and Easy fix for Toyota's acclerator problems!
Turns out the moron with the runaway Prius in the U.S. might have faked it. "Perhaps even more damaging are reports that Sikes has a long history of items being stolen from him, for which he then filed insurance claims. Skeptics of Sikes also cite the 911 tape that was released shortly after the inc...
- Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:07 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Qantas Captain should have had the lasagna instead of fish
- Replies: 13
- Views: 2660
Re: Qantas Captain should have had the lasagna instead of fish
I'm not getting involved in this one... moon the loon already gave me a hard enough time for my tongue in cheek comments on the last incident like this.
- Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:04 pm
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: Amelia: The Movie
- Replies: 38
- Views: 3834
Re: Amelia: The Movie
I smell OSCAR!!!
If history has anything to say about this, Hillary Swank does have a tendency to win Oscars playing females who get killed doing things that are considered (at the time) "masculine".
If history has anything to say about this, Hillary Swank does have a tendency to win Oscars playing females who get killed doing things that are considered (at the time) "masculine".
- Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:54 pm
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: The Mothership over Moscow
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1272
The Mothership over Moscow
Anyone ever see a cloud formation like this before?
As cool as it is, I'm pretty sure it's not the aliens coming to get us, but I'll start making foil hats anyways.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... oscow.html
As cool as it is, I'm pretty sure it's not the aliens coming to get us, but I'll start making foil hats anyways.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... oscow.html
- Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:38 am
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: Alleged Toronto 18 ringleader pleads guilty
- Replies: 12
- Views: 1004
Re: Alleged Toronto 18 ringleader pleads guilty
I think that they'd gone beyond the talking stage? IIRC, an amount of Ammonium Nitrate had been purchased... There was one Japanese Canadian, from the Okanogan, who took great relish in torturing allied POW's and after a lot of pressure from the Australian government was finaly tried and hanged as ...
- Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:41 pm
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: Time for an axe registry.
- Replies: 46
- Views: 2599
Re: Time for an axe registry.
How about an "Unnecessary use of the Registry reference" registry. Too many ppl use it as a weapon for their own agendas when something tragic happens.
- Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:59 am
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: CYTZ new name goes into effect today . . .
- Replies: 24
- Views: 2379
Re: Toronto City Center Airport gets a new name - again . . .
They should rename it the "David Miller Memorial Airport"
By the time the name change takes effect his political career should be dead.
By the time the name change takes effect his political career should be dead.
- Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:17 pm
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: Going out east and I love lobster.
- Replies: 20
- Views: 1401
Re: Going out east and I love lobster.
That depends... Do you like fishsticks?Hedley wrote:Thank you - I love boobs![]()
![]()
But even if I love boobs, if I eat fish, does that mean I'm gay?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weUa4HD_14U
- Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:09 pm
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: F-22's worst enemy : rain
- Replies: 12
- Views: 1539
Re: F-22's worst enemy : rain
I always hated that movie.
They have the technology for intergalactic travel but they could stop by a surf shop and pick up a wetsuit?
Stupid story.
M. Night Shyamalan definately peaked at The Sixth Sense.
oh yeah... the F22 thing is a problem too.
They have the technology for intergalactic travel but they could stop by a surf shop and pick up a wetsuit?
Stupid story.
M. Night Shyamalan definately peaked at The Sixth Sense.
oh yeah... the F22 thing is a problem too.
- Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:02 pm
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: A time to celebrate-Bernie Madoff got 150 years
- Replies: 22
- Views: 1809
Re: A time to celebrate-Bernie Madoff got 150 years
Shannon, I'm just trying to get you to see the otherside of this. Instead of just calling the victims names and placing the blame on them, I was HOPING you'd be able to see how they could have trusted him. Can you even admit that he had better credentials and experience than your $200/hour friends? ...
- Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:36 pm
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: A time to celebrate-Bernie Madoff got 150 years
- Replies: 22
- Views: 1809
Re: A time to celebrate-Bernie Madoff got 150 years
I have former classmates who work as Financial Planners, they charge between $200 and $300 an hour. Many people come in and are shocked at their price for advice. This advice comes as the result of a four year Commerce Degree, and MBA a CSC, CFP and CIM designation, years of experience and constant...
- Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:41 pm
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: A time to celebrate-Bernie Madoff got 150 years
- Replies: 22
- Views: 1809
Re: A time to celebrate-Bernie Madoff got 150 years
Cat, you're a funny little kitten. What Madoff did was prey on the stupid and greedy. The business model he offered them was retarded. If I told you I sent one of those Nigerian Scam artists my money would you think it stupid, of course you would. Nobody was investing with bernie madoff, they were ...
- Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:16 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: We should teach F.O.s how to fly
- Replies: 63
- Views: 7299
- Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:53 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: We should teach F.O.s how to fly
- Replies: 63
- Views: 7299
- Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:32 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: We should teach F.O.s how to fly
- Replies: 63
- Views: 7299
Re: We should teach F.O.s how to fly
Thanks for the back up guys. I'm glad, (but not suprised) that most people got it. It was written tongue in cheek and meant to be facetious. As for moon the loon, I'm starting to think he's trolling. At least I hope so. But just in case, I would like to make it clear, that there was no malicious int...
- Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:55 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: We should teach F.O.s how to fly
- Replies: 63
- Views: 7299
Re: We should teach F.O.s how to fly
Every one who has contributed to this thread has shown an unbelievable lack of compassion for the pilot who died. The remaining flightcrew members were more than qualified to continue the flight. I have many contacts at Continental. This was an incident. They happen. You should all be ashamed for b...
- Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:33 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: We should teach F.O.s how to fly
- Replies: 63
- Views: 7299
Re: We should teach F.O.s how to fly
You can't give the pilots access to a hammer, this is after all post 9/11 world we're living in. And imagine all those sharp peices of glass that he could use to take control of the airplane from himself with. Favourite questions: Do you ever plan on getting your commercial pilots license? Does the ...
- Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:43 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: We should teach F.O.s how to fly
- Replies: 63
- Views: 7299
We should teach F.O.s how to fly
In light of the on board death of a Captain on a Continental flight recently, it has been brought to my attention by CNN and other credible news sources the inherent dangers of flying in commercial airliner where only one Pilot and a co-pilot is on board. It was only by sure, luck that the two co-pi...
- Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:03 am
- Forum: Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft
- Topic: Air France 447 Reported Missing
- Replies: 385
- Views: 62856
Re: Air France 447 Reported Missing
sounds like a scenario right out of those Final Destination movies.
- Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:38 pm
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: Sex with an Anglerfish is pretty goddamn terrifying!
- Replies: 12
- Views: 1313
Re: Sex with an Anglerfish is pretty goddamn terrifying!
They're also ugly as hell... BUT DAMN TASTY!
Also known as Monkfish, they taste like lobster!
Also known as Monkfish, they taste like lobster!
- Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:12 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Air Force One in the news.
- Replies: 14
- Views: 2087
Re: Air Force One in the news.
Granted it was probably not a good idea to do that without telling people what the plan was but come on! 1: It's Air Force One, it doesn't look like any other 747. 2: IF the F-16's aren't shooting at it, it's probably ok. If it was a threat, don't you think the F-16s would have shot it down? Every t...
- Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:15 pm
- Forum: Internet and Computer Help
- Topic: Back...back..back..back..back...
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3035
Back...back..back..back..back...
Feel free to move this post if it's in the wrong section. I'm all for advertising to support this site, I'll even click on them once in a while just to help out! BUT is anyone else getting annoyed at the current way the ads are being displayed? In case anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, or ...
- Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:38 pm
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: O Canada!
- Replies: 48
- Views: 2835
Re: O Canada!
I just googled it and found this quote "Jehovah’s Witnesses are not allowed to salute the flag of any nation, recite the pledge of allegiance, stand for or sing the national anthem, run for public office, vote, or serve in the armed forces." I remembered she couldn't have birthday parties or go to t...
- Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:33 pm
- Forum: The Water Cooler
- Topic: O Canada!
- Replies: 48
- Views: 2835
Re: O Canada!
News flash doc When I was in school the only people who refused to sing the national anthem were WHITE, VERY WHITE. The rest of us ethnic and coloured people stood up and sang. The family that refused where Jehovahs witness I believe and have been in Canada many generations. So stop blaming the rest...
- Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:56 pm
- Forum: General Comments
- Topic: Plane from Toronto college lands on New York interstate
- Replies: 78
- Views: 13099
Re: Plane from Toronto college lands on New York interstate
15 mins out from burlington VT, I'm assuming it's pretty hilly and good fields are few and far between.
