Search found 58 matches

by b767jetmec
Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:47 pm
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: It's only a cartoon for f**k's sake
Replies: 144
Views: 30915

Why can`t we all just get along???
by b767jetmec
Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:27 pm
Forum: Maintenance
Topic: Jazz vs AC wages
Replies: 1
Views: 1352

Quite right sir.
by b767jetmec
Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:57 pm
Forum: WestJet
Topic: WestJet announces Hawaii
Replies: 43
Views: 10012

Westjet isn`t the only airline that is going to start up with flights to Hawaii. Zoom Airlines will also be flying to the Pacific islands.
by b767jetmec
Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:01 pm
Forum: WestJet
Topic: $10.00 ?
Replies: 108
Views: 27421

Air Crapada sucks bag. Go WESTJET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know, being an Air Canada employee, it pisses me off to see jackoffs like Blaster, who I believe is an Air Canada employee himself, constantly smearing WJ day in and day out. Now I see a twerp like you make a dumbass comment lik...
by b767jetmec
Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:40 pm
Forum: WestJet
Topic: $10.00 ?
Replies: 108
Views: 27421

Canada Eh...

Your avatar...Whatta ass! :D
by b767jetmec
Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:38 pm
Forum: WestJet
Topic: $10.00 ?
Replies: 108
Views: 27421

Blaster...

Give it up! Air Canada`s shares have been steadily dropping as well. So if you`re going to post WJ`s share price daily, you should consider posting ACE`s as well.
by b767jetmec
Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:49 am
Forum: WestJet
Topic: Westjet to move to T1 in YYZ in May 2006?
Replies: 9
Views: 1641

The new extension of T1 will not be open until 2007. So your 2006 rumour doesn`t float. Also, most of the internatioal carriers currently using the infield terminal will move to T1. There may be room for Westjet, but not for a couple more years.

Cheers
by b767jetmec
Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:35 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Plane Crash in Venezuela Leaves 160 Dead
Replies: 7
Views: 1314

Some info I got was that the plane that crashed used to be one of Jetsgo`s aircraft. I can`t confirm it, but my source tells me that, it was one of the last aircraft returned to the leasor, after it had all the Jetsgo parts removed and the original parts reinstalled. they are reporting it to be an ...
by b767jetmec
Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:53 pm
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: AME Apprentice Treatment
Replies: 5
Views: 845

I won`t say that the treatment is right or wrong but what I will tell you is that it takes time to know you and your skills and what you are capable of handling. If I was signing for work that you did, you can bet your ass I`d be inspecting your work with a fine tooth comb, cause it`s my ass on the ...
by b767jetmec
Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:43 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: Plane Crash in Venezuela Leaves 160 Dead
Replies: 7
Views: 1314

Some info I got was that the plane that crashed used to be one of Jetsgo`s aircraft. I can`t confirm it, but my source tells me that, it was one of the last aircraft returned to the leasor, after it had all the Jetsgo parts removed and the original parts reinstalled.
by b767jetmec
Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:44 pm
Forum: General Comments
Topic: An airliner crashes in Greece
Replies: 25
Views: 4220

Just a little insight on the mechanical`s behind the system... From the B737-200 AMM regarding flight crew oxygen: quote:(2) The addition of air may be cut off by turning the oxygen selection lever to 100% OXYGEN. When this lever is in NORMAL OXYGEN, air enters through the air inlet port and the req...
by b767jetmec
Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:29 pm
Forum: WestJet
Topic: downsizing jets for downsizing $$$$$$$
Replies: 34
Views: 7532

grammar boy wrote:
The EMB is a totally foreign (pun intended) aircraft to anything that Air Canada is operating. New training programs, SOPs, manuals, sims, single type-ratings, parts, the list goes on...
Let`s not forget that the 2 tyoes, 175/190 have different engines, so no interchangeablility.
by b767jetmec
Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:57 pm
Forum: General Airline Industry Comments
Topic: Flight from hell
Replies: 8
Views: 2389

DA900 wrote:WOW 247 pax in a Caribou that must be the new streched version. As per the norm leave it to the media to screw up the whole story!
Check out the link, before the comment! :roll:
by b767jetmec
Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:47 pm
Forum: WestJet
Topic: WJ's first -600 has arrived
Replies: 17
Views: 3585

Are there any plans for WJ to get the -900? And if so, what routes would they be used on?
by b767jetmec
Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:39 pm
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Air Canada's Embraer ERJ-175
Replies: 119
Views: 29071

Jaques Strappe wrote:Where do your numbers come from?????
I got these numbers (prices) from the instructors I had when I was on the endorsement courses.
by b767jetmec
Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:15 pm
Forum: WestJet
Topic: Slammed again...
Replies: 19
Views: 3987

gelbisch wrote:
Ryan Coke wrote:There are good people at both places...
but we're all still pilots when all is said and done.
Well not all of us. :wink:
by b767jetmec
Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:59 pm
Forum: Maintenance
Topic: conversion AME M2 to JAR B1
Replies: 22
Views: 9478

Think before you believe the doom and gloom. Who said anything about doom and gloom? I could care less about having a JAA. I don`t plan on working in Europe or anywhere else for that matter. I was merely asking a question. And if, in the end, TC comes to me and says that I need to convert my AME to...
by b767jetmec
Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:20 am
Forum: Maintenance
Topic: conversion AME M2 to JAR B1
Replies: 22
Views: 9478

So does that mean all of us who hold AME`s come 2011 have to rewrite our licence to conform with JAR 66? That would be very interesting. If it`s true, TC better start today, cause with over 11000 AME`s in Canada, it might take a while to get everyone converted.
by b767jetmec
Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:12 am
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Ground collision Airbus 330 and Jazz DH8-300
Replies: 49
Views: 13909

Removing a winglet has little effect on flight characteristics. I`ve seen one of our 747-400 fly around for a while minus a winglet. It is covered by the MEL. I believe the only penalty is increased fuel burn, roughly 1% increase.
by b767jetmec
Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:07 am
Forum: Air Canada
Topic: Air Canada's Embraer ERJ-175
Replies: 119
Views: 29071

The ERJ`s did come with leather seats but AC didn`t want them. Don`t know why though! :roll: As for the price of a CL65, AC paid between $28-31 million per. I don`t know were the that fellow who said an A320 was $30 mil. got his info from. That is very wrong. If memory serves me correctly, I believe...
by b767jetmec
Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:45 am
Forum: WestJet
Topic: WJ now with AC
Replies: 30
Views: 8055

B612, ask the AC employees how secure their jobs and high wages are... ask them how their pension is doing... Yep, that's the place to be! :roll: Well, I`m an AC employee, Tech Ops albiet. Canus you asked so I will tell you what I`ve lost: -The 200 hour time bank -the new company sick days policy -...
by b767jetmec
Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:05 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: A320 aborts takeof at YOW
Replies: 16
Views: 2438

This is copied from a co-worker in YYZ... AC 210? If my memory serves me correctly, during a vib survey I did early in Feb? I found both engines exceeded their egt limits (I noted the power assurance limits in the MM prior to carrying out the survey). I snagged both engines. One was changed the foll...
by b767jetmec
Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:31 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: How old are you?
Replies: 190
Views: 36347

Now back to the original question...

39
AME
Ratings-Bell 206, 212, CL65, A320(319+321), B767
by b767jetmec
Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:48 am
Forum: General Comments
Topic: A320 aborts takeof at YOW
Replies: 16
Views: 2438

Didn`t realize deploying the flaps in a straight up position could bring an aircraft to a roaring halt. :roll: And does the aircraft actually let out a roar? :shock:
by b767jetmec
Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:48 pm
Forum: The Water Cooler
Topic: Best "Simpson's" Quote
Replies: 73
Views: 8577

Mmmmmm, Chicken!

As you see Homer slip under the covers betwen Marge`s legs. :shock:

Go to advanced search