Search found 32 matches

by groupboard
Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:48 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Full flap takeoffs: why not?
Replies: 136
Views: 21307

I realise this, but there is always the argument (however anal it amy be) that powerlines, fences, roads, etc count as objects/property/'built up". I'm not sure I would agree with that definition, but I wouldn't want to have to argue it at a tribunal. I'm not sure if a powerline counts as a structu...
by groupboard
Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:00 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Full flap takeoffs: why not?
Replies: 136
Views: 21307

There is no rule that says you can't fly below 500 feet. If there was, all the training schools doing practise forced approaches would be breaking the law. CAR 602.14(1) states that you cannot fly "at a distance less than 500 feet from any person, vessel, vehicle or structure." Other rules apply in ...
by groupboard
Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:21 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Full flap takeoffs: why not?
Replies: 136
Views: 21307

JPC, as I said it is mcrit who is saying that the POH forbids you to take off with any more than 10 degrees of flap. I don't have access to the POH so I can't say where it says this. You'll need to PM him to get the details. I agree with you that it is certainly safe to take off with 20 degrees of f...
by groupboard
Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:40 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Full flap takeoffs: why not?
Replies: 136
Views: 21307

If you have a look earlier in this thread, you'll see Cat and justplanecrazy are saying that you should deviate from the POH regarding takeoff flap, so it isn't an issue of floatplane versus landplane. And I would imagine that it would depend on what engine you've got up front as to whether there wo...
by groupboard
Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:40 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Full flap takeoffs: why not?
Replies: 136
Views: 21307

Getting back to the original thread of this topic, I was just talking to mcrit and he says that takeoff with more than 10 degrees of flap in the 172 is prohibited by the POH. It's not just a recommendation. He had the POH opwn and sitting in front of him. If you PM him I'm sure he'll tell you what p...
by groupboard
Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:33 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Full flap takeoffs: why not?
Replies: 136
Views: 21307

O.K. groupboard, you are obviously lacking in reading and comprehension skills, or mentally defficient. But that does not give you the license to post damaging insinuations about me and my career on an internet site. I have already offered you the option of finding out what transpired between me an...
by groupboard
Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:14 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Full flap takeoffs: why not?
Replies: 136
Views: 21307

groupboard, it was your comments regarding the propellor incident that leads me to believe you are deliberately trying to harm me personally by posting something not only false but totally out of context to what transpired between me and TC. Cat, I'm not out to harm anyone, and if I haven't got the...
by groupboard
Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:42 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: The most frustrating forum on Avcanada.
Replies: 22
Views: 3847

groupboard, you are a little late trying to backpedal your statements, it is obvious you are either very ill informed and unable to research what you post or you are deliberately attacking my integrity and career by making missleading and untrue statements. And I'm fed up with people like you getti...
by groupboard
Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:38 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Full flap takeoffs: why not?
Replies: 136
Views: 21307

Was it you who highlited " Operating Certificate" and " Cessna 152" in the link to TC Underground in my post dated May 23/ 2003 at 7:06 PM? I didn't know what you meant for a while... Don't worry - it is only highlighting those phrases because I searched for them. If you look at the link I posted, ...
by groupboard
Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:23 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: The most frustrating forum on Avcanada.
Replies: 22
Views: 3847

Groupboard has posted false and very damaging statements about me and my company this morning on the thread about the use of flaps. I can not afford to have damaging false statements made about me on a world wide read forum as this is my career that is being maligned by a total anonymous poster. My...
by groupboard
Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:55 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Full flap takeoffs: why not?
Replies: 136
Views: 21307

http://www.google.ca/search?q=.+.+operating+certificate&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official I'm looking, I'm looking.... 4 pages of results and I can't find what you're banging on about. Why not post it so we can all see? Could i...
by groupboard
Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:17 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Full flap takeoffs: why not?
Replies: 136
Views: 21307

Re: cat crap

And yet another moron rookie pilot steps up to the plate to tell a brilliant, very talented and experienced pilot how to really fly a plane. Rookie? I don't think so. I probably have some fewer years flying experience than Cat, but anyone reading this would think he was the rookie pilot. How he has...
by groupboard
Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:52 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28575

Put me down as another that disagrees with groupboard. The POH was written for a reason. Follow it. Your procedure for a touch and go is incorrect (the 172). T&G is a take-off (the go part). Mcrit has taken the torch from all of us. But he is right. We aren't discussing touch and go's here. As I ha...
by groupboard
Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:17 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28575

I_reason: I don't have a problem with taking advice. As I pointed out earlier, I asked the CFIs what the correct procedure for a touch-and-go was, and I am happy to follow that. What seems to be happening on this forum is that people like mcrit are saying I am an idiot for wanting to take off with 3...
by groupboard
Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:19 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28575

mcrit wrote:groupwad:
You want to commence a take off with 30 degrees of flap?
Isn't 2 stages of flap on a 172 20 degrees? As far as I understand (but I could be wrong), the older 172s flaps were 10/20/40, and the newer ones are 10/20/30. So 2 stages of flap will always be 20 degrees.
by groupboard
Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:08 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28575

You want to call me a dumbfuck you stupid pencil necked limey git? (See, even my insults are better than yours). PM and I'll give you my address so you can try it to my face. As for your situtation with your instructor; I tried to give you a polite education but I'm going to put it in blunt terms b...
by groupboard
Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:55 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28575

Sorry groupboard, you lost all credibility when you made your first post. The only thing this instructor did wrong was get in a plane with you. So you agree with him that a warrior will not climb with 2 stages of flap, and more than one stage of flap only produces drag and no lift, even though the ...
by groupboard
Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:37 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28575

You know, I'm beginning to see why you've been with 5 or 6 instructors with so little time. If you were my student with this attitude I'd show you where the door was and tell you never to come back. Someone please put this thread out of it's misery. Therein lies the danger in making assumptions. I ...
by groupboard
Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:46 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28575

I hate when pot holes suddenly run onto the runway. Deer don't just run 20feet infront of you and stop. I think you're grasping at straws here. But for the sake of argument: A deer with awesome brakes runs infront of you and plays chicken with an airplane. So you're going to pop it into the air in ...
by groupboard
Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:32 am
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28575

I belive the point that he/she was making it's better to be prepared for the takeoff instead of lossing control of the plane and/or hitting something at the end of the runways My example probably wasn't the best, but I was simply pointing out that there may be certain situations when you want to ge...
by groupboard
Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:31 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28575

Cat Driver wrote: " If you are travelling at, say, 45 knots and you see an obstruction 20 feet in front of you, "

Now thats just plain fuc.in dumb, how in hell could you get to 20 feet from something that was a problem without seeing it sooner....
If it suddenly ran onto the runway, as in my example...
by groupboard
Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:46 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28575

Groupboard, In the situation you just mentioned, in which an unplanned, sudden hazard appears, in the C-172, would it not be a better idea to simply try to stop short of it? . If you are travelling at, say, 45 knots and you see an obstruction 20 feet in front of you, would it not be better to get i...
by groupboard
Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:09 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28575

The situation you describe (runway obstruction) is not a touch-and-go. T&G is pre-planned. Overshoot (at any point in the landing phase, including rollout, is not. In the case of an obstruction, you would likely be able to stay in ground effect till a safe flap setting, not a normal procedure by an...
by groupboard
Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:53 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28575

G board, give your head a shake. Your reasoning, and arguments are ridiculous. So is the fact that you bring your concerns onto an internet forum, prior to discussing the issue with the CFI. You asked "should I talk to the CFI?" If you are questioning it, you probably should have before talking to ...
by groupboard
Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:02 pm
Forum: Flight Training
Topic: Incompetent instructor?
Replies: 165
Views: 28575

The idea that a touch and go is not really a take-off and therefore the POH instructions for take-off do not apply is rediculous. Your on the runway, then your not. You have done a take-off. You begin a normal takeoff with your takeoff flap setting and zero velocity. You begin a touch-and-go takeof...

Go to advanced search