Citation 550

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

thepriceisright
Rank 2
Rank 2

Citation 550

Post by thepriceisright »

Hello all,

I was curious what your thoughts are on what the "max" is for a pilot's height to get in and out of the citation 550 cockpit. How tall is too tall?

Thanks,
TPIR
---------- ADS -----------

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Citation 550

Post by cdnpilot77 »

I find it tight for head room with a lightspeed headset on and I'm 5'10". We have people who are 6'4" fly it, but I can imagine it was overly comfortable for them. The other concern gets to be knees in the way of the yoke.

C208
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by C208 »

Im 6.4, 230 and fit into a C560 just right. Im sure some of my PAX chuckle when they see me creep into the cockpit. However I went to fit into my Wife's C550 and I had to tuck in a bit tighter with my head a little bit cockeyed (I would hate flying to Phoenix like that). I think it was simply cause of the forward bulkhead/partition wad several inches forward to the 560.

Those three orange basketballs on my dash are all out of whack but I can still grease it. ;) Dont ask me to park it on the Yellow Line though. :lol:

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Panama Jack »

I'm 6'3, flew a C550, and loved it. It's fine. More roomy than a C150, but less so than an Airbus. I almost got a job at one time flying a Learjet 25 and after the job offer feel apart and I had an opportunity to climb in and check out the cockpit, I am glad it went the way it did. I would have probably ended up with a permanent curvature to the right or left of my spine.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan

Return to “Corporate”