After SAIT, business jet work? Sunwest Aviation, Aurora

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

ITSKFC
Rank 0
Rank 0

After SAIT, business jet work? Sunwest Aviation, Aurora

Post by ITSKFC »

Hi all,

I plan on attending SAIT in the autumn but could be later as I'm still in England. I'm moving back to Canada after being here for 21 years. I'm 42 yrs old with 22 yrs of engineering experience, 7 of those years were working for Netjets and Eurojet, private jets, I did a couple of months on 737's and found it boring, buses of the sky so I'm a bit biased now and only prefer the smaller jets as you can do more and actually fix them, go on AOG's. All my experience is logged and signed off.
In England there is so much work available but I've had enough of living here.

What I would like to know is, are the jobs at the services centres for business jets so few and far between? I've looked at websites for Sunwest Aviation and Aurora, they look good. I have been used to being on shift, 4 on and 4 off, I don't know if that shift pattern exists over there?

Any info would be great, even if you think it's a waste of time and do something else!
---------- ADS -----------

ba31pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: After SAIT, business jet work? Sunwest Aviation, Aurora

Post by ba31pilot »

You can also check out SkyService, Air Partners (Aircraft Works is the AMO I believe) and AirSprint. All have bases in Calgary.

ITSKFC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: After SAIT, business jet work? Sunwest Aviation, Aurora

Post by ITSKFC »

Ah thanks for that, I'll have a look.
I looked for jobs on Indeed to get an idea how many jobs are advertised In Alberta and BC and there only 28 jobs, I'm used to seeing a lot more than that when I do a search here. I don't want to live in the eastern part of Canada so I'm not really interested.
ba31pilot wrote:You can also check out SkyService, Air Partners (Aircraft Works is the AMO I believe) and AirSprint. All have bases in Calgary.

Return to “Corporate”