Information required in flying into Beirut Lebanon...

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Information required in flying into Beirut Lebanon...

Post by Jet Jockey »

I was just asked by our company if we could/would be able to fly in and out of Beirut Lebanon.

To be honest I have no clue because I have never researched that area of the Mid-East or that country. The flight would be for this coming Sunday April 01st (no it is not an April fool’s joke) and it leaves me with little time to decide whether to accept it or to refuse it. I’m still waiting on an answer whether our insurances covers both the aircraft and crew into Lebanon.

I know European airlines like Air France fly into Beirut but do they remain overnight?

Airinc rates Beirut as a 4/5 for threat assessment (5 being the worst) but that’s for the personnel once on the ground. I assume there are a lot of areas that someone should not go while in Beirut.

So, is it generally a safe place for a private jet to fly into and remain overnight with a return the next day?

For the crew that remains overnight, which hotel is recommended with safety as the number one priority and what about transportation to and from the hotel for the crew?

Any info would be appreciated, thank you.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Corporate”