Pilots Shortage

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

FR€D
Rank 0
Rank 0

Pilots Shortage

Post by FR€D »

Hi all,

I’m just wondering if the pilot shortage affect the « corporate world » ?

Thank’s
---------- ADS -----------

hawker driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Pilots Shortage

Post by hawker driver »

FR€D
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FR€D »

Interesting....

Thank’s :smt023

matthew.oommen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by matthew.oommen »

Companies like Air Sprint are coming out with new pay structures, which will definitely assist in retention.

FR€D
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FR€D »

I’m agree. The new pilot guide 2018 should be out soon.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

matthew.oommen wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:39 am Companies like Air Sprint are coming out with new pay structures, which will definitely assist in retention.
As the major fractional ownership company in Canada, they help set the standards on this side of the industry.

It would be great to see them come out with a fresh package that represents the current supply/demand we have been seeing. I think the next step would be to start removing bonds. Like any good prenup, the likelihood for tarnishing the water is high from the get go.

Curious.

S.

Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Liftdump »

A true corporate job in Canada,not fractional,charter or managed planes will ever have a problem filling an opening. I speak having spent the last 30 yrs on this side. Maybe I’m wrong,I don’t think so though. Let’s put it this way I would be very shocked if they did. Just my 2 cents.

matthew.oommen
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by matthew.oommen »

If they go about 6 months with no applications, they will get rid of the training bonds. People need to stop applying if they don’t want training bonds.

Having said that, the new payscale is a good start.

Tanker299
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tanker299 »

A true corporate job might not have a problem filling a spot but it seems like some either have a problem retaining them or finding the right fit. This pilot shortage is great, I love seeing the ads from GGN and MAG(discovery/H&L) beyond the job board. They were such self righteous organizations, underpaying, wanting stupid hours and throwing people under the bus. Now I'm not saying they aren't great stepping stone. I am saying it's nice to see them get a taste of their own medicine and they are far from the only ones feeling the sting of their past. (Pointing those 2 out as those are the adds I keep seeing). There is a shortage and I'm sure every operator is wishing for the "good old days" of treating us like Shit and paying us less then minimum wage. They will be back though, once the music stops all those kids living at home with well to do parents will go back to buying jobs and be waiting in line to take your spot if you refuse the crappy offer.

Return to “Corporate”