Netjets getting even better.

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

AirSprintInc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Netjets getting even better.

Post by AirSprintInc »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:00 pm
AirSprint HR wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:44 am The below page is usually updated in a timely manner for those asking about larger aircraft salaries at NJ.

https://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/air ... al/netjets

The one thing to note with NJ is that it usually takes a very long time to make Captain. If the website is correct, the current wait to make Captain on a small aircraft is 13.5 years. From the above website: Most Junior Captain Hired: July 2005 (Phenom 300)

Regards,

James
What's the current average time to Captain at Air Sprint? (actually curious).

I know AC had a 10+ year wait to NB captain, now it's come down to 2 years. I wouldn't be surprised if that time for both small and large cabin jets starts to come down quickly. Looking at that package plus the 20% increases and bonus, far and above exceeds every Canadian gig, especially when you consider a 7/7 sched, even if you had to do more than 5+ years in the right seat.

S.
Good Afternoon schnitzel2k3,

Our most junior captain was hired in June of last year (2018). Upgrade times at AirSprint vary depending on experience, seniority, base, and aircraft type so providing an average upgrade time can be difficult, but most pilots coming in with 3000+ hours can expect less than 2 years as AirSprint continues to grow.

Kind Regards,

Matt Rolleman
Chief Pilot C25A/B
---------- ADS -----------

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

AirSprintInc wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:26 pm
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:00 pm
AirSprint HR wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:44 am The below page is usually updated in a timely manner for those asking about larger aircraft salaries at NJ.

https://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/air ... al/netjets

The one thing to note with NJ is that it usually takes a very long time to make Captain. If the website is correct, the current wait to make Captain on a small aircraft is 13.5 years. From the above website: Most Junior Captain Hired: July 2005 (Phenom 300)

Regards,

James
What's the current average time to Captain at Air Sprint? (actually curious).

I know AC had a 10+ year wait to NB captain, now it's come down to 2 years. I wouldn't be surprised if that time for both small and large cabin jets starts to come down quickly. Looking at that package plus the 20% increases and bonus, far and above exceeds every Canadian gig, especially when you consider a 7/7 sched, even if you had to do more than 5+ years in the right seat.

S.
Good Afternoon schnitzel2k3,

Our most junior captain was hired in June of last year (2018). Upgrade times at AirSprint vary depending on experience, seniority, base, and aircraft type so providing an average upgrade time can be difficult, but most pilots coming in with 3000+ hours can expect less than 2 years as AirSprint continues to grow.

Kind Regards,

Matt Rolleman
Chief Pilot C25A/B
No need to be so formal Capt. Rolleman, we're all friends in this subforum.

😁

Sounds like some decent progression to be had at A.S.

S.

hawker driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by hawker driver »

sicamore wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:21 am
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:11 am The one big caveat to working in the U.S though is health insurance - and while the net take home is significantly higher, you have a sizeable portion removed for your insurance.
I lived in the states for quite a few years and had PPO insurance. It was about $60 per month. Hardly a drop compared to everything that is withdrawn from my paycheck here before I see a dime.
NetJets pays 100% of the health insurance premium

Flexjet pays 77% pilots pay 23%

hawker driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by hawker driver »

Here is the Flexjet pay scale for their larger equipment.

Here is a little explanation of the pay scales.

The G450/500 and the Global and Gulfstream 650 are annual pay for a team of 5 captains per aircraft. They set their own schedule. While the pay may seem low there is also a bonus paid up to 50% of the base pay so they can get up to another $70k Per year in bonuses if you are making the $140K per year. For a total of $210K per year.

The Legacy 450 and Challenger 300 are paid on a day rate. The team of 3 Captains make up a schedule so that the aircraft is covered and work how may days a month they want. The Co pilots come from the general pool of pilots in the company and are paid another day rate.
The captains can decide among themselves how much they want to fly if you want to work 12 days a month you get paid 12 daily rates if you want 19 days a month then you are paid 19 days.
Their bonuses are another 30% of their annual salaries. So the more you work the more the bonuses are.
Some guys want to work and want the money other who want to take it easy can work as little as 10 days per month.
Some on a team member can make $120K per year while another can make $240K. I hear of a few senior pilots that made over $300 K last year.

Attachments
29D757D9-1204-46DD-814C-F4B99BFB2238.png
29D757D9-1204-46DD-814C-F4B99BFB2238.png (249.8 KiB) Viewed 4496 times
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

I met an Execjet guy in SeaTac last year. Said he flew regional before, and one day the phone rang and his young daughter exclaimed "DADDY", thinking it was him calling from wherever his layover was. He was annoyed and said ""no I"M daddy". She didn't understand. Daddy was a guy who was never home.

So he went to Net Jets and loves it. Said you can live wherever you want to and they fly you to where your aircraft is. He said they do lots of flying to and from Canada. Odd that they don't hire Canadian pilots for that. We'd probably be cheaper, and put up with lots more shit based on what we're used to. ;)

Checklist
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Checklist »

What’s the closest thing in YYZ? Is Airsprint ever thinking of a Toronto base? Or flying pilots to where they need to be like flexjet?

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Air Sprint started a secondary base system a little while back. I can't find the list of bases (was certain it was on the pilot brochure, but seems to be missing in the latest one) YYZ was certainly one.

Edit: Found the list in the other thread I guess YYZ is a "main base" not secondary

Secondary Base Structure
AirSprint is pleased to start offering employment opportunities throughout our developing Secondary Base Structure. We recognize that there are many talented and experienced pilots out there who may not be in the position to relocate to Calgary, Toronto, or Montreal. Identifying this, AirSprint will now allow our pilots to be based full-time, or part-time when approved, at a number of bases outside of our main airports of operation. These Secondary Bases include: Victoria (CYYJ), Vancouver (CYVR), Kelowna (CYLW), Edmonton (CYEG), Saskatoon (CYXE), Winnipeg (CYWG), Ottawa (CYOW), and Quebec City (CYQB).

hawker driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by hawker driver »

Checklist wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:14 pm What’s the closest thing in YYZ? Is Airsprint ever thinking of a Toronto base? Or flying pilots to where they need to be like flexjet?
Flexjet use to only have Dallas as a base then after Flight Options parent company bought them 3 years ago they opened up 80 bases which is more or less home basing. Netjets had home bases from the beginning with some restrictions.

The reason for all of the bases at the US fractionals is that they could not find enough qualified people who wanted to move for a flying job.
To get the best qualified pilots they all had to offer a home base or they would only get the low time pilots desperate for job who would stay a few years then move on to a job close to home.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

hawker driver wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:36 pm
Checklist wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:14 pm What’s the closest thing in YYZ? Is Airsprint ever thinking of a Toronto base? Or flying pilots to where they need to be like flexjet?
Flexjet use to only have Dallas as a base then after Flight Options parent company bought them 3 years ago they opened up 80 bases which is more or less home basing. Netjets had home bases from the beginning with some restrictions.

The reason for all of the bases at the US fractionals is that they could not find enough qualified people who wanted to move for a flying job.
To get the best qualified pilots they all had to offer a home base or they would only get the low time pilots desperate for job who would stay a few years then move on to a job close to home.
It is critical for them that they do not have an accident when it comes to these wealthy people. Get a bad reputation and they will disappear. I am amazed at the safety level of Netjets and FlexJet with no fatalities despite all their flights into much more challenging airports.

It would be nice to see the same flexibility applied in Canada. I love the flexjet thing where the pilots decide their own schedule around an aircraft. The guy who wants the extra flying is not pissed off because the guy who would prefer some extra time off is also pissed off because he is flying extra. A company that understands that our work oreferences are not all the same and has figured out a simple solution how to manage it so most are happy.

That equals longer term employees and saves money.

Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

Though Netjets may appear to have a healthy remuneration plan, the upgrade times are lengthy and the crews wait on hot standby at the FBO. Lots of unhappy folks, though I am sure there are some happy ones in the left seats. Perspective, I think.

FWIW the company I just started with down here dings me $156/ month for a health plan for me and spouse. Not that bad. I will fork out the copay for getting in to see a doc quickly and get anything I need taken care of in a timely manner.

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not,knows no release from the little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
- Amelia Earhart

Return to “Corporate”