Donald Trump Buys 757 Jet from Paul Allen

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Defy Gravity
Rank 1
Rank 1

Donald Trump Buys 757 Jet from Paul Allen

Post by Defy Gravity »

Donald Trump, Palm Beach's most famous almost-presidential candidate, is everywhere these days. And soon he'll be everywhere in extra comfort as he flies the friendly skies in his new Boeing 757 airplane.

In an interview this week, Trump confirmed he bought a 757, which he said is about twice the size of his other plane, a Boeing 727.

Although Trump wouldn't talk money, word is he bought the 757 for about $100 million from Microsoft's co-founder Paul Allen.

In recent weeks, Trump has been all over television chatting about his possible run for the presidency.

But he was uncharacteristically reluctant to dish details about his latest material possession. "I bought a great airplane," Trump said simply. "It's being retrofitted and will be in service in about a month."

It's not yet known whether the plane is being tricked-out with the gold-plated features and sumptuous upholstery that adorn Trump's 727.

What is clear is that the extra space might come in handy if Trump decides to run for president - and needs a large aircraft to shuttle him to campaign stops around the country.

"It's a big plane," Trump acknowledged. "We'll see what happens."

Trump, a real estate tycoon and star of his own TV show, The Apprentice, says he'll make a decision in June about whether to seek the Republican presidential nomination.

Trump did offer one detail about his new airplane: It's quiet, a gift to his part-time neighbors on the island.

"It's one of the quietest airplanes there is," Trump said. "I did that for the benefit of Palm Beach."

Palm Beach also benefited from a recent decision by the Federal Aviation Administration to postpone plans by Palm Beach International Airport to add a new runway.

Earlier this year, the FAA put the kibosh on the plan, saying the airport would need to reach higher levels of air traffic to justify another runway. The decision follows a 2010 lawsuit filed by Trump against PBIA to stop the expansion. For years, Trump has complained about the noise from planes flying over his ritzy Mar-A-Lago club on Palm Beach.

Sources say Trump might have had something to do with that FAA decision, but Trump waived off the speculation.

However, Trump did sing the praises of the FAA, which he said acted "unbelievably responsibly" in finding there was no need for the runway now. "I'm extremely impressed with the FAA," Trump said. "They realized this runway won't be needed for 40 years based on traffic."

As for the old 727, that plane has been for sale since 2009, with no takers thus far. The asking price back in 2009 was $8 million.

But Trump's airplane broker recently sent an email, saying the owner had purchased a "replacement aircraft" and that "all reasonable offers" would be considered for the 43-year-old plane.

Aviation sources say the plane is old, guzzles gas and is loud, although Trump said he had the plane altered to comply with the highest stage of noise reduction.

Trump said he might still keep the 727, which has gold-plated sinks, two conference tables, a master bedroom and seating for 24 passengers.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/money/dona ... 74698.html
---------- ADS -----------

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Donald Trump Buys 757 Jet from Paul Allen

Post by bizjets101 »

Actually the Trump organization bought it from DJT - it has been operated by TAG since last summer - however it is one of two private Boeing 757's that Paul Allen sold off last year. Aircraft currently at Brunswick Golden Isles Airport (Brunswick, GA) KBQK said to be getting
new paint, new registration (possibly registered in Bermuda?) and hopefully winglets.

First Flight May 21 1991 serial number 25155 N757AF

delivered to . . . . . . Sterling Airways (Denmark) as OY-SHA on June 7 1991
leased to . . . . . . . . TAESA (Mexico) as XA-SPG on July 6 1994
sold to . . . . . . . . . . Vulcan Northwest VIP (Paul Allen) as N115FS March 30 1995
reregistered . . . . . (Paul Allen) as N757AF on July 1996
and transferred to . Vulcan Aircraft Inc (Paul Allen) December 12 2003
sold to . . . . . . . . . . DJT OPERATIONS I LLC and operated by TAG Air August 25 2010
sold to . . . . . . . . . . Trump hasn't been officially transferred on the register as yet.

photo Drewski 2112/Flickr

hawker driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by hawker driver »

Donald Trump a true American patriot. :smt078

Registered his B727 in Bermuda to avoid paying US Taxes.
Thats the kind of president the US needs!!!

PanEuropean
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PanEuropean »

hawker driver wrote:Donald Trump a true American patriot. :smt078 Registered his B727 in Bermuda to avoid paying US Taxes. Thats the kind of president the US needs!!!
That is such a sharp observation - and so funny too.

SII
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SII »

anyone able to guess where former Prime Miinister Paul Martin registered CSL. Being a good business man does not make you a bad leader (trying to find the truth about the sponsorship scandel does)

Winning
bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bizjets101 »

My first thought was Global Express C-FCSL - which was registered to Bombardier until exported to Malaysia!!!, then oh yeah Canada Steamships!!!

Hmmm, don't know - seems they threatened to move the entire company out of the country due to changes in our tax laws - it seems they opened CSL International in the USA - a subsidiary of CSL Canada - however many ships were transferred to the new subsidiary - and then they were registered in Bahamas, Cyprus, Liberia, Marshall Island, and Vanuatu.

I assume the flag of convenience per ship is based on what the ship is used for and where it is based??

Interesting note; according to 'History of Canada - online' (and many identical sources online) # 2003 sold his interests in the company to his three sons, saying that his ownership would "provide an unnecessary distraction during the leadership race."
# 2004 federal government revealed that CSL Group Inc. had received $162 million in federal government contracts, grants and loans since Martin became Minister of Finance in 1993 (earlier figures released in 2003 suggested CSL had only earned $137,000 during this period).

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bizjets101 »

Here are a couple of Canadian owned bizjet airliners with foreign registrations;

Peter Nygard B727 VP-BNZ
photo flickr

Chartright MD-87 VP-CNI
flickr

C-MNOP
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by C-MNOP »

You know......I would have never thought that 727 was owned by Peter Nygard! :roll:

Its a good thing that he likes to keep it on the down low!!!

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

I think Trump would make a great president,it would be some of the best entertainment ever !

SII
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SII »

You think he would try to fire the other heads of state :lol:

Winning
bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bizjets101 »

Heh I'd love to see Trump go for it.

Trumps Grandfather began the family fortune running a houseboat turned saloon/restaurant/hotel/hookers!! during the Gold Rush in Bennett British Columbia - then opened other similar ventures in Washington State!!!

The Trumps, Bronfman's, Kennedy's, Rockefellars - the kids get to be rich beyond their wildest dreams because of the brass balls of the Grandfathers . . .

I'd vote for Trump (if I could :) )

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Does Chartwright keep the MD-87 in YYZ?

I wonder who uses it.

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bizjets101 »

Aircraft is based at YVR and owned by Frank Giustra.

bizjets101
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bizjets101 »

Incidentally Sam Hashman a developer from Calgary - owned a BAC I-II back in the 70's based at YYC with a US registration. First commercial jet operated as a Corporate Jet in Canada.

Five year old Barron Trumps birthday cake - B757 in Trump colours with winglets added!!!

source

patrickairlie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by patrickairlie »

And what is Paul Allen flying now?

Return to “Corporate”