Requirements for MOH medevac pilots

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Ender
Rank 2
Rank 2

Requirements for MOH medevac pilots

Post by Ender »

Can somebody please enlighten me as to what is necessary (criminal check, vaccinations, etc) for medevac pilots? Also, what are the scheduling requirements for the operating company? I'm not asking what is done, I'm asking what is legally required for the contracts.

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

FlyGy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Requirements for MOH medevac pilots

Post by FlyGy »

What company? They all have differences.

Ender
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ender »

I'm talking about getting an Ornge subcontract. But what I'm looking for is the actual requirements from the MOH. Are they not standard for everyone?

Better yet, can somebody point me to the appropriate government documents?

Conquest Driver
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Conquest Driver »

Can somebody please enlighten me as to what is necessary (criminal check, vaccinations, etc) for medevac pilots? Also, what are the scheduling requirements for the operating company?
Simplified answer. Basic criminal record check. Just name and date of birth. About 20 minutes at the OPP. Lots of vaccinations if you can't document anything to start with. However, nothing that a travel medical clinic can't handle. You'll most likely need a couple of visits for booster shots and they may no want to do them all at one time.

If you're doing an SA proposal, you can schedule anything you want. ORNGE doesn't have to use you, and you dont' have to have an aircraft available for them. I think you have to notify them if you are taking yourself out of service and when you are again available.

FlyGy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by FlyGy »

Ender wrote:I'm talking about getting an Ornge subcontract. But what I'm looking for is the actual requirements from the MOH.
Well, why didn't you just ask that in the first place? Did you ask the MOH? I'm sure they could help.
Ender wrote:Are they not standard for everyone?
Probably the same for everyone in Ontario...but not everyone is in Ontario.
Ender wrote:Better yet, can somebody point me to the appropriate government documents?
Well, now that we know which Government you're asking about someone will likely be able to help you.

Ender
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ender »

Hey thanks guys. Really appreciate the input. Cheers!

Anyone have those Ontario MOH document links?

Return to “Corporate”