Class 1 Medical Validity Q

Read and post topics related to aviation medicals, health and fitness in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Floatinghog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Class 1 Medical Validity Q

Post by Floatinghog »

Now I’m totally confused - just turned 40 and read that 40 or older the Class 1 is valid 6 months - not a full year. So, say the medical is done/passed/received on March 20 is it valid until Sept 20, or can I get by stretching it until Oct 01 for the next renewal? I just talked to somebody in Transpot and they said if I do the next renewal on Oct 01 then I’m ok. I always used to do the renewal around the same day each year. If I wait until Oct 01 to renew is my licence still valid between Sept 20 to Oct 01? Any clarification appreciated.
Thnxs
Hog
---------- ADS -----------

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Class 1 Medical Validity Q

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

The only thing that matters is how old were you on the day of your medical. If you were 39 then the medical is good for a year. If you were 40 then it is now only good for 6 months if you are conducting commercial operations with passengers. If you are not carrying passengers or are operating 2 crew as per an approved COM then you are good for a year until age 60.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

BPF is correct, and you can confirm this by logging into "general aviation online services" (google that) and it will tell you the precise date when your medical expires.

Floatinghog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Floatinghog »

Thanxs BPF and CpnCrunch! Got it!!
Thnxs
Hog

Return to “Health & Fitness”