Anxiety

Read and post topics related to aviation medicals, health and fitness in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Castorero
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Anxiety

Post by Castorero »

This is a very useful discussion, in general.

The line between being nervous about a new job and anxiety related to a psychiatric disorder is very fat indeed.

It is very hard to know what kind of anxiety you are suffering from, even if you have some knowledge of the field.
There is no harm in visiting your GP for some advise and a referral, if necessary.
Get a proper history and arrive at a correct diagnosis, instead of worrying about it needlessly.

Nobody I know is going to yank your Licence unless you are a clear basket case, or a raving lunatic.

Remember that a real anxiety disorder affects ALL of your life, not just your flying life. Any help in the right direction will only improve your overall quality of life.

A good, understanding GP is worth their weight in gold...
---------- ADS -----------

High and Behind
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Anxiety

Post by High and Behind »

A few years ago when I was experiencing a great deal of stress in my perssonal life, (which trickled into my professional life) I tried Accupuncture.

It worked wonders and was very educational as to how stress affects your body.

The aches and pains associated with the stress went away and I was able to play golf the same day of my first treatment.

I go now whenever I feel a little stressed or need to just relax.
---------- ADS -----------

beerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeer

Return to “Health & Fitness”