BMI and sleep Apnea

Read and post topics related to aviation medicals, health and fitness in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: BMI and sleep Apnea

Post by Beefitarian »

(Keto is low carb, high healthy fats) and 16 hours a day intermittent fasting - and absolutely no sugars... none what so ever...
I can't quit fruit, chocolate and pizza. That's insanity! You know that alcohol is a simple carbohydrate, right?

My brother in-law is eating bacon cheeseburgers with chopped lettuce. I'm fairly close in fat loss except I never said, "It's going well even though I know it's not sustainable." May God have mercy on his liver.

I definitely should walk more daily for sure though.
---------- ADS -----------

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

Beefitarian wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:22 am Last year I decided to adopt a crazy fad diet. It's called a few things like "intermittent fasting" and to make it more palatable (see what I did there?) "limited time feeding". I also started doing tai chi.

It might be more difficult due to scheduling but the basic premise of the eating thing is you only eat for about 9 hours a day. Outside that time you can have as much air and water as you want but nothing else. They say you can do in it up to 12 hours per day but 8 or 9 is better. Also they noticed no difference giving the lab rats two cheat days a week.

I of course lost some weight at first but then gained a bit. Funny thing is I had people comment and ask if I was dieting because I lost a noticeable amount of fat.

I just got back from an eating holiday in Houston/New Orleans. I gained 4 pounds but I suspect if I was not doing this thing I would have consumed way more calories. Hard to say how it would have gone down but I'm pretty sure I would have beat 4 added pounds. I found a place called Shipley Do-Nut, I forgot how much I like good doughnuts, I'm actually glad the Tim's they built by my house sucks.

The two main benefits are, I actually can crave a large pizza at 21:00 and satisfy myself with a glass of water and second my stomach has shrank enough that I get full on a couple of slices instead of powering through most or all of a pie at meal time.
(That second one is not as exciting when I would like to hit a buffet hard like the good old days)

My neck is still 18" huge but I feel better and was sleeping through the night apart from pee breaks until the trip.

Less food = less calories.

I noticed in the past walking every week day was doing me quite a bit of good too. Maybe one day I will combine the two.
I've been doing 18/6 IF now for about 3 months minus one week of holiday. Along with that I go to the gym 5 days a week and started doing yoga. My sleeping has improved substantially, I'm consistantly under 200lbs again which I haven't been able to do for 5 years of just "healthy eating and gym." I was constantly 210lbs (5'11") but not in bad shape... Now I hover around 195lbs. IF has gotten me proper fit. Energy levels are like I'm 21 again I couldn't recommend IF more. The first few weeks were tough, and sometimes you need to fight though the hunger an hour or two before you can start eating again. I've found I also just eat less now, and have next to no craving for carbs or sugars.

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Well I feel good too, my blood pressure came down and it will soon be a year of almost steady limited time feeding, 15 hours water only, 9 hours of reasonable choices including occasional beer and pizza or a doughnut.

So while I concur the cravings stop, I have known lots of farmers and worked construction with plenty of thin guys that ate sandwiches for lunch everyday so, you can just take the "no carbs or sugar allowed" pamphlet to the next door.

Return to “Health & Fitness”