Vision Requirements for TC

Read and post topics related to aviation medicals, health and fitness in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

northernaviator
Rank 0
Rank 0

Vision Requirements for TC

Post by northernaviator »

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums and to flying. My last post did not post. Long story short, I currently hold a cat 3 medical and passed the vision requirements...just. Is TC's vision standards for cat 1 flexible/ just guidelines or are they strict? As I will be getting my cat 1 within the next few months. I have congenital cataracts and am under 20, with my current vision I feel 100% confident to fly. I do not want cataract surgery at my young age, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

-northernaviator
---------- ADS -----------

Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Vision Requirements for TC

Post by Flybabe »

The only way to know for certain is to go for your Cat 1 medical.

If there are any questions, you will be required to get a more in depth eye exam, which will be reviewed by Civil Aviation Medicine.

You need to be correctable to 20/20 Cat. 1.

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not,knows no release from the little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
- Amelia Earhart
Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Vision Requirements for TC

Post by Grey_Wolf »

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/ ... 2-1412.htm

Scroll down to section 1.33 Visual Requirements, the answer might be in there. Go see the doc, anyway! :wink:

All the best!

"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu

Return to “Health & Fitness”