Aircraft on Lake by Kasabonika

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Johnny#5
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Aircraft on Lake by Kasabonika

Post by Johnny#5 »

Bede wrote:
Redneck_pilot86 wrote:Locals on a sled isn't what we pay for, is it? I don't think I would be very pleased if I were the pilot, when there was a much faster means of rescue that wasn't used.
If I'm ever missing, the is no one that I'd rather want looking for me than the natives. They know their land better than any one and have terrific bush sense. They also never seem to mind getting the job done themselves as opposed to waiting for some one else to do it.

Can't argue with someone jumping out of a plane either though. ..

I'd prefer a helicopter, that the company should have chartered right away.
---------- ADS -----------

J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by J31 »

JasonE wrote:UPDATE: Aviation Incident Report#13798: Oil leaking from the propeller area coupled with rapid loss of oil pressure resulted in the pilot declaring a MAYDAY and conducing a precautionary landing on a lake approximately 7.5 NM SW of Kasabonika, ON (CYAQ). Pilot immediately notified Flight Following via cell phone. Emergency Response procedures initiated. Flight information centre (FIC) and Trenton search and rescue (SAR) were contacted. Kasabonika First Nation contacted to organize pilot extraction plan. Pilot extracted by snow machine. Pilot did not sustain any injuries as a result of the landing or exposure to the elements. The aircraft did not sustain any structural damage. No environmental or property damage. Operational impact: none.
Just because the "Colonel" is not here to say, err type it........frozen breather tube :idea:

If you want to play in the cold make sure that breather tube is insulated, clear, and has relief holes!

phillyfan
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by phillyfan »

"how old was Max Ward when he started his air service? Early 20's?"

Good example. Max did run an unlicensed, illegal charter service (Polaris Charter) after serving in the Air Force as a flight instructor when he was 25. He crashed his airplane shortly after picking it up and the company was shut down in less than a year. Max was 32 when he started Wardair.

Nobody wishes failure on anybody. Only that they run a safe operation. Having somebody around with experience helps in the decision-making process.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

No Flight plan. Is that correct ?

The bootleggers will be lining up to use that air service :)

They should make a lot of money or at least the bootleggers will :)

Gravol
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Gravol »

Duffman wrote:I don't understand why you guys are jumping all over these kids. Maybe you have info that I don't but how old was Max Ward when he started his air service? Early 20's?

I say good on these guys for having entrepreneurial spirit. They had an oil problem, who knows why, maybe they had no business flying in that cold. I just don't think the bashing of this company is justified...
Duffman,

Entrepreneurial spirit, always a great thing. Jumping all over them for the sake of their age is not my personal intention, maybe others. I , judge based on information. Rest assured, there is more to what meets the eye. It is still great to hear that this ended well, and I hope the latter part of those listed on their management team do very well.

Why is it alright for people to be turned away from jobs are threatened with character assassination because they use a reference from a very unpopular individual in the industry?
Cat Driver wrote:It's easy to bash people from anonymity Duffman, just consider the source.
Anonymity brings lots to light in this industry.

Leightonzook
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Leightonzook »

I think it's great that these "kids" are trying to start up. What we are missing is the old guys and the coffee shops where we could sit and learn from them. I had a great time over Christmas visiting with my old flight instructor. Now that I have flown a few hours I understand better what he was trying to tell me 24 years ago.

Just because you can't fly it straight dosn't mean it's the planes fault
LousyFisherman
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LousyFisherman »

pdw wrote: Snip....
saying "took 10 hours"
snip
Only 10 hours? Lucky guy.

IMHO