Sussex Airshow Crash

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Sussex Airshow Crash

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

oldyellr wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:26 pm Finally the trial starts.
Do you take solace in that?

I highly doubt that anyone goes out to perform a display only to narrowly escape death themselves. Assuming the man has a conscience, I am sure that he has his own cloud to make peace with.

For Christ sake, people make mistakes, this one was deadly but what will come from any criminal litigation of this? Tell me, regal us! How will Aviation safety suddenly change with a guilty or non guilty plea?

Respectfully,
TPC
---------- ADS -----------

oldyellr
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by oldyellr »

Not at all. I really feel sorry for the pilot and it's a miracle he survived. If the crash hadn't happened over a busy highway with all those casualties, there would likely not have been charges. I was merely remarking on how slowly the wheels of justice turn over there. It's been 3-1/2 years since the accident.

ktcanuck
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ktcanuck »

TeePeeCreeper wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:32 pm
oldyellr wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:26 pm Finally the trial starts.
Do you take solace in that?

I highly doubt that anyone goes out to perform a display only to narrowly escape death themselves. Assuming the man has a conscience, I am sure that he has his own cloud to make peace with.

For Christ sake, people make mistakes, this one was deadly but what will come from any criminal litigation of this? Tell me, regal us! How will Aviation safety suddenly change with a guilty or non guilty plea?

Respectfully,
TPC
"Respectfully"? I see no respect in jumping to a conclusion that the poster had anything but good intentions. "Maliciously" perhaps.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”