VFR in IMC - Kasper Aviation

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

ragbagflyer
Rank 7
Rank 7

VFR in IMC - Kasper Aviation

Post by ragbagflyer »

http://tinyurl.com/oukgguh

CADORS Number: 2015O3259

Occurrence Summary
Date Entered:
2015-11-05
Narrative:
A Kasper Aviation Gippsaero GA8-TC 320 (C-FPRX) from Kingfisher Lake, ON (CNM5) to Sioux Lookout, ON (CYXL) was inbound to CYXL at 2600 feet. Flight Service Station (FSS) first observed C-FPRX on short final coming through cloud. C-FPRX landed safely at 2321Z. METAR CYXL 032300Z 09006KT 030V130 15SM OVC005 04/03 A3007 RMK SF8 SLP199
O.P.I.:
Further Action Required:
No
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by ragbagflyer on Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." - Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes)
crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: IMC in VFR - Kasper Aviation

Post by crazyaviator »

The writing is on the wall BUT it will take an accident or two for the OC suspension ,,,otherwise, TC will continue to trust in the companies Internal "SMS" to play it fair, by the rules and safe :lol:

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

wouldn't surprise me if this thread was taken down as well...

Maynard
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Maynard »

Did you mean VFR in IMC?
Anyways, these clowns are a fuckin disgrace....the day will come. The public will all be shocked and wonder what happened. We will all roll our eyes.

I guess I should write something here.
DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

At night no less. Hm.

Rookie50
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rookie50 »

iflyroads wrote:wouldn't surprise me if this thread was taken down as well...
Hope not. It's a documented Cadors, not someones slag story.

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

DanWEC wrote:At night no less. Hm.
Many years ago, I, quote, scared the sh!t, unquote, out of a coworker by flying VFR at night to a destination under a low-ish ceiling. Scenario: clear VMC all of the way, with a low stratus layer rolling in off the water for the last few (less than 5) miles. We ducked under, and continued to a 'safe'
landing. The debrief that followed left me with one really good takeaway: fly night VFR to IFR altitudes and minima.

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
Rookie50
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rookie50 »

I was taught somewhere along the line mixing VFR and IFR procedures is a really bad idea....

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

Hmmm surprised it failed to mention that it nearly cut-off an inbound 1900 on an approach as well, wonder how long this thread will last

Simcom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Simcom »

I got to check out that airplane a few months ago in KL3 and it has better IFR equipment than half of the IFR planes up north. I'd say, other than superior's caravan, it is the best equipped IFR machine in NWO.

-Garmin 500 glass cockpit
-synthetic vision integrated into the g500
-GTN 750 touchscreen waas Gps
-GTN 650 touchscreen waas Gps
-Back up electric attitude indicator on a standby battery
-Mounted backup IPAD with external GPS and fore flight
-GPS tracking system
-And they were talking about getting XM weather installed when I saw them

This isn't some crapped out 206 with a broken AI and handheld GPS

Do I agree with what they do? No I think they are idiots, and I have heard they treat there pilots like crap. I mean obviously you can't do that in winter time......there is no ice protection on that thing. Ice and night time? No thank you.

Last edited by Simcom on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

mmm..bacon wrote:
DanWEC wrote:At night no less. Hm.
Many years ago, I, quote, scared the sh!t, unquote, out of a coworker by flying VFR at night to a destination under a low-ish ceiling. Scenario: clear VMC all of the way, with a low stratus layer rolling in off the water for the last few (less than 5) miles. We ducked under, and continued to a 'safe'
landing. The debrief that followed left me with one really good takeaway: fly night VFR to IFR altitudes and minima.
This.

Although that is no excuse to go IIFR (illegal IFR).

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
tipsails
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tipsails »

Yeah but that argument is invalid due to the complete lack of de ice and anti ice equipment. You can't fly IFR in winter in Canada and not have that. Good luck flying in "non icing" conditions in NWO in November/December/January/Feb.

Illegal is illegal

tipsails
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tipsails »

Simcom wrote:I mean yes it's illegal, and cutting off a 1900 both dangerous and stupid, but I got to check out that airplane a few months ago in KL3 and it has better IFR equipment than half of the IFR planes up north. I'd say, other than superior's caravan, it is the best equipped IFR machine in NWO.

-GPS tracking system

This isn't some crapped out 206 with a broken AI and handheld GPS.

Have any of you ever used synthetic vision? It's great! I tried it on lancair about a year ago. IFR flying is a joke with that. So easy, a monkey could do it. It shows the ground underneath you and will actually paint the runway on the screen in detail.

It unfortunate TC won't allow them to fly IFR in single piston during the summer. In reality I would feel more comfortable flying IFR at 4000ft single piston then I would about flying VFR at 500ft in low VIS with single piston.

Do I agree with what they do? No I think they are idiots, and I have heard they treat there pilots like crap. I mean obviously you can't do that in winter time......there is no ice protection on that thing. Ice and night time? No thank you.
You join AvCan just to say this?

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

Simcom wrote:I mean yes it's illegal, and cutting off a 1900 both dangerous and stupid, but I got to check out that airplane a few months ago in KL3 and it has better IFR equipment than half of the IFR planes up north. I'd say, other than superior's caravan, it is the best equipped IFR machine in NWO.

-GPS tracking system

This isn't some crapped out 206 with a broken AI and handheld GPS.

Have any of you ever used synthetic vision? It's great! I tried it on lancair about a year ago. IFR flying is a joke with that. So easy, a monkey could do it. It shows the ground underneath you and will actually paint the runway on the screen in detail.

It unfortunate TC won't allow them to fly IFR in single piston during the summer. In reality I would feel more comfortable flying IFR at 4000ft single piston then I would about flying VFR at 500ft in low VIS with single piston.

Ya nice plane :roll:, too bad when it's written off and hopefully that will be the only damage that's done but illegal is still illegal. I just hope these clowns don't take anybody else with them, myself included!

Simcom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Simcom »

Edit

Last edited by Simcom on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Simcom wrote: Unfortunately the reality of the industry is that you have to do illegal stuff to stay competitive, beacuse everyone else is doing it too.... But within reason.
Ummm, no you don't!! And what is within reason?? That is such an objective and asinine statement, I don't know where to begin. I really hope you're a troll and not really flying amongst the actual professionals. Try to justify anyway you want to, absolutely everything about both of your posts is ridiculous.

The former owner of Superior once told us in a face to face conversation that the synthetic vision in the Kodiak was there "so the crews never have an excuse to not go, even in zero/zero". Cut from the same mole I guess. Glad I'm not flying around That area anymore, with idiots like this around.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Wow. :shock:

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Just, wow. Reminds me of another company that said they just "had to get the job done." Literally, check yourself before you wreck yourself.

On a side note, this is maybe the fourth thread about this company in as many days, and the only one that's still here. The rest seem to have been pretty much one or two people, possibly under different, new user names, just bashing the company. That's likely why they got pulled. Nobody wants libelous material on their website.

This one started as a link to the cador. I was going to do the same thing myself, but apparently the only way for these threads to stay alive, most unfortunately, is to leave personal opinion and insinuation out of the mix and let the information speak for itself. So maybe for the greater good we can relent a bit, just to see it stay as a discussion, awareness, and safety point for everyone. Bit if a concern with this place.

Last edited by DanWEC on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shady McSly
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Shady McSly »

Flight Service :roll:

They CADORS stupid shit like this to justify their existence and exert what little 'controlling' power they actually have.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Am I the only one that noticed...

Further action required....no!

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”