Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Post Reply
Message
Author
trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:09 pm

Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

#1 Post by trey kule » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:57 pm

Is there any new information on the aircraft or the pilot?
---------- ADS -----------

pdw
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1383
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:51 am
Location: A mile final 24 CYSN

A past tragedy (runaway Van) Hudsons Bay North of YAM

#2 Post by pdw » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:48 pm

The original thread line came through at the end as leaning towards the possibility of an emotional tragedy ? so the discussion was pretty much hands off (for respect to family) fairly soon after some disclosure on that was pitched on the original thread, ... which by now had turned into 'a long time ago' already. Any change from that, or new finding, would have hit newsfeeds real quick for an event as sensational as this one was to hear of.
---------- ADS -----------

WhiskeyWhiskey
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:38 pm

Re: A past tragedy (runaway Van) Hudsons Bay North of YAM

#3 Post by WhiskeyWhiskey » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:33 pm

pdw wrote:The original thread line came through at the end as leaning towards the possibility of an emotional tragedy ? so the discussion was pretty much hands off (for respect to family) fairly soon after some disclosure on that was pitched on the original thread, ... which by now had turned into 'a long time ago' already. Any change from that, or new finding, would have hit newsfeeds real quick for an event as sensational as this one was to hear of.
Is there an official report out yet?
---------- ADS -----------

pdw
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1383
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:51 am
Location: A mile final 24 CYSN

Re: Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

#4 Post by pdw » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:27 am

No formal investigation conducted
(quoted from Aviation Safety Network Caravan data base / Sept 25 2013 - Hudson Bay)
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:48 pm

Re: Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

#5 Post by pelmet » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:12 pm

I think we all know what happened. Need anymore be said. We are fortunate that this was done as a solo act as compared to some recent events.
---------- ADS -----------

Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1191
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:14 pm
Location: The Gulag Archipelago

Re: Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

#6 Post by Illya Kuryakin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:39 pm

pelmet wrote:I think we all know what happened. Need anymore be said. We are fortunate that this was done as a solo act as compared to some recent events.
I thought there was an alternate theory. There is evidence (albeit circumstancial) that he may have bailed out? Finding the aircraft would put it to rest.
Illya
---------- ADS -----------
Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then.

pelmet
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:48 pm

Re: Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

#7 Post by pelmet » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:25 am

Illya Kuryakin wrote:
pelmet wrote:I think we all know what happened. Need anymore be said. We are fortunate that this was done as a solo act as compared to some recent events.
I thought there was an alternate theory. There is evidence (albeit circumstancial) that he may have bailed out? Finding the aircraft would put it to rest.
Illya
That theory would be part of ...we know what happened". He committed suicide. Do we need to spend a bunch of money to figure out the exact details? I think not.
---------- ADS -----------

godsrcrazy
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:12 pm

Re: Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

#8 Post by godsrcrazy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:50 pm

pelmet wrote:
Illya Kuryakin wrote:
pelmet wrote:I think we all know what happened. Need anymore be said. We are fortunate that this was done as a solo act as compared to some recent events.
I thought there was an alternate theory. There is evidence (albeit circumstancial) that he may have bailed out? Finding the aircraft would put it to rest.
Illya
That theory would be part of ...we know what happened". He committed suicide. Do we need to spend a bunch of money to figure out the exact details? I think not.

Did he actually commit suicide our did he disappear. No body could mean he jumped as some think happened.
---------- ADS -----------

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:09 pm

Re: Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

#9 Post by trey kule » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:06 pm

Perhaps pelmet you could edit your post from " we" all know, to " I " know, as I think some of us here do not know with the absolute certainity you suggest.

I am a bit surprised the insurers, and police share your certainity and have let it go..
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:48 pm

Re: Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

#10 Post by pelmet » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:25 pm

trey kule wrote:Perhaps pelmet you could edit your post from " we" all know, to " I " know, as I think some of us here do not know with the absolute certainity you suggest.

I am a bit surprised the insurers, and police share your certainity and have let it go..
THEY share my certainty because it is certain...as most of us know.

If anybody has more details about this case in the lead up to the day of the event, then perhaps they could post some generalities. Otherwise...case closed.
---------- ADS -----------

Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1191
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:14 pm
Location: The Gulag Archipelago

Re: Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

#11 Post by Illya Kuryakin » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:38 pm

pelmet wrote:
trey kule wrote:Perhaps pelmet you could edit your post from " we" all know, to " I " know, as I think some of us here do not know with the absolute certainity you suggest.

I am a bit surprised the insurers, and police share your certainity and have let it go..
THEY share my certainty because it is certain...as most of us know.

If anybody has more details about this case in the lead up to the day of the event, then perhaps they could post some generalities. Otherwise...case closed.
Ah.....but without a body, a smoking gun, or unimpeachable witnesses, a case is never really closed. Is it? Nobody commits suicide by setting an autopilot and just waiting. If there is more to this story, the attitude of some will prevent us from knowing the truth......BTW, who did kill JFK?
Illya
---------- ADS -----------
Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then.

godsrcrazy
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:12 pm

Re: Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

#12 Post by godsrcrazy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:47 am

Illya Kuryakin wrote:
pelmet wrote:
trey kule wrote:Perhaps pelmet you could edit your post from " we" all know, to " I " know, as I think some of us here do not know with the absolute certainity you suggest.

I am a bit surprised the insurers, and police share your certainity and have let it go..
THEY share my certainty because it is certain...as most of us know.

If anybody has more details about this case in the lead up to the day of the event, then perhaps they could post some generalities. Otherwise...case closed.
Ah.....but without a body, a smoking gun, or unimpeachable witnesses, a case is never really closed. Is it? Nobody commits suicide by setting an autopilot and just waiting. If there is more to this story, the attitude of some will prevent us from knowing the truth......BTW, who did kill JFK?
Illya

Who was DB Cooper and were did he go.
---------- ADS -----------

lownslow
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 774
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:56 am

Re: Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

#13 Post by lownslow » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Illya Kuryakin wrote:Nobody commits suicide by setting an autopilot and just waiting.
*cough*
Image
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2759
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:48 pm

Re: Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

#14 Post by pelmet » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:27 pm

lownslow wrote:
Illya Kuryakin wrote:Nobody commits suicide by setting an autopilot and just waiting.
*cough*
Image
Plus Egyptair, Royal Air Maroc, Air Botswana, Air Mozambique(Hmmm...lots of African carriers actually) using different methods. Anyways...it was bad enough that he destroyed a perfectly good airplane. At least it was by himself.

Perhaps Ilya could dig deep and provide some funding instead of wanting to use our taxpayer money to learn nothing useful. If more info is really desired, I'm sure some coworkers can give a few pre-incident anecdotes about the personality issues. It may help someone intervene prior to the next case. Seeing as discretion is likely...even though it could help us recognize a future situation........how about...case closed.
---------- ADS -----------

User avatar
confusedalot
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: location, location, is what matters

Re: Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

#15 Post by confusedalot » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:05 pm

So, if I get this right, posters on this thread knew this individual personally and have determined beyond a reasonable doubt that said individual committed suicide?

And nobody did a thing about it?

That is quite a statement for those of us out there in the public. Mere words of frustration do not always end up in action; if they did, half of the population would be in jail or otherwise be removed from society.
---------- ADS -----------
Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

pdw
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1383
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:51 am
Location: A mile final 24 CYSN

Re: Caravan that disappeared in Hudson Bay

#16 Post by pdw » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:43 pm

pelmet wrote:Anyways...it was bad enough that he destroyed a perfectly good airplane.
"Perfectly good"; .. do you mean this for certain ? Or just saying (I believe you're just saying); ie: likely no-one cares much about the plane's demise. There however will be loved ones that still grieve for the individual, the pilot of this plane.



Confusedalot wrote:And nobody did anything about it ?
What can anybody really do in that situation :( , ... provided what's being discerned there has happened.
---------- ADS -----------

Post Reply

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”