It's time to buzz the tower

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: It's time to buzz the tower

Post by Rockie »

rookiepilot wrote:Why with foreign carriers does no one say "wait for the report"?
That's all I say regardless of who it is, you just choose not to see it for some reason.
---------- ADS -----------

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Well, it seems we did not have to wait long... :smt040
No we didn't.

Must be something wrong with 28R in SFO.

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

rookiepilot wrote:The part I'm missing is in all of these threads:

AC: (Always) "Wait for the report" "nothing to see" "routine" " don't hang the crew"

Emerites: (Moscow,). "hang em' high, Clint".
altiplano wrote:I wouldn't go looking to hang these guys.
You should take your own advice.
rookiepilot wrote: You need to learn to read.

crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by crazyaviator »

Maybe the CVR wont get erased this time.....
Are most commercial pilots compulsive liars?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

The CVR wasn't erased. It was overwritten because the plane turned around and went right back out and on with its schedule.

In fact neither the crew or the controller thought it was a pressing incident at the time and reports weren't made for 2 days. By definition it wasn't an incident. In hindsight there were errors and things to be learned and on it went from there...

But making insinuations that the people involved are lying or deliberately trying to mislead is cowardly and unprofessional.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

crazyaviator wrote:
Maybe the CVR wont get erased this time.....
Are most commercial pilots compulsive liars?
Well, I am not a compulsive liar but then again the pre judged mindset is that I am a compulsive liar, right? :lol:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. In any case, you're damned. Mob rule.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

Hey Rockie about the first KFSO incident...

Inside sources I heard from at Air Canada (A320 pilots I know) and other sources outside Air Canada have told me that both pilots were suspended, any truth to that?

Also some told me those two guys involved in that incident were let's say not the "most professional pilots", not very SOP and actually some said they were borderline bad pilots.

I'm sure you are not going to comment for all the right reasons (lol) but I thought I would ask anyway.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Jet Jockey wrote:I'm sure you are not going to comment for all the right reasons (lol) but I thought I would ask anyway.
I honestly don't know, but if I did I wouldn't comment for all the right reasons. :)

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Rockie wrote:
Jet Jockey wrote:I'm sure you are not going to comment for all the right reasons (lol) but I thought I would ask anyway.
I honestly don't know, but if I did I wouldn't comment for all the right reasons. :)
One question I'd like to ask -- isn't it better than speculation Rockie? -- did the first AC SFO crew read and brief the NOTAM about 28L closure? I don't think that is an offensive question, Rockie.

One thing frustrating about these forums:

"Don't speculate"
"Ok, instead here's a valid question".
"I know, but won't tell you"

Doesn't leave much to talk about. I've always thought an honest exchange of information is more important than protecting images, , all to enhance the safety of everyone though learning from the experiences of others. Not everyone agrees.

How do less experienced pilots like myself learn then from the mistakes of others, if no one will reveal details? I don't honestly understand. But I'm not in the industry.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Doesn't leave much to talk about. I've always thought an honest exchange of information is more important than protecting images, , all to enhance the safety of everyone though learning from the experiences of others.

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

rookiepilot wrote:One question I'd like to ask -- isn't it better than speculation Rockie? -- did the first AC SFO crew read and brief the NOTAM about 28L closure? I don't think that is an offensive question, Rockie.
I don't know the answer because I'm not one of the investigators and the report hasn't been released yet. Not hard to understand Rookie.
rookiepilot wrote:"I know, but won't tell you"
I said I don't know.
rookiepilot wrote:Doesn't leave much to talk about.
That's never stopped you before.
rookiepilot wrote:I've always thought an honest exchange of information is more important than protecting images,
By "information" I can only assume you mean "facts", of which I have none. The report hasn't been released yet.
rookiepilot wrote:How do less experienced pilots like myself learn then from the mistakes of others,
By waiting for "facts".
rookiepilot wrote:But I'm not in the industry.
I know.

B208
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by B208 »

godsrcrazy wrote:I hope they pull the pilots Licences. Although it didn't appear to be all that unsafe. This was a totally reckless move on their behalf. It is not up to the pilots to decide if the passengers in the back want to go on a joy ride. I personally know a few people whom are terrified to fly. Its all they can do to get in and stay calm. They certainly don't need some jackass up front saying its time to buzz the tower Goose.

If they want to go out and buzz shit then maybe they should do it on their dime and rent a 172.
Shut up.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

B208 wrote:
godsrcrazy wrote:I hope they pull the pilots Licences. Although it didn't appear to be all that unsafe. This was a totally reckless move on their behalf. It is not up to the pilots to decide if the passengers in the back want to go on a joy ride. I personally know a few people whom are terrified to fly. Its all they can do to get in and stay calm. They certainly don't need some jackass up front saying its time to buzz the tower Goose.

If they want to go out and buzz shit then maybe they should do it on their dime and rent a 172.
Shut up.
:lol:

There's sure to be volumes of relevant, insightful information buried in this contribution to the thread. We just have to read it enough times to reveal it.

B208
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by B208 »

Rockie wrote:
B208 wrote:

Shut up.
:lol:

There's sure to be volumes of relevant, insightful information buried in this contribution to the thread. We just have to read it enough times to reveal it.
Shut up.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”