Bob Bissonnette crash : Pilot fatigue, drugs may have also contributed to crash last fall that killed 2 Quebec men

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

daedalusx
Rank 4
Rank 4

Bob Bissonnette crash : Pilot fatigue, drugs may have also contributed to crash last fall that killed 2 Quebec men

#1 Post by daedalusx » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:38 am

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-bruns ... -1.4370741

Seems like we had more than a few accidents and incidents where flight crews are unfit to fly (fatigue, drugs, alcohol and even depression).

Stay vigilant.
---------- ADS -----------

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"

Schooner69A
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Bob Bissonnette crash : Pilot fatigue, drugs may have also contributed to crash last fall that killed 2 Quebec men

#2 Post by Schooner69A » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Never low fly in an area you haven't recce'd...

pelmet
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Bob Bissonnette crash : Pilot fatigue, drugs may have also contributed to crash last fall that killed 2 Quebec men

#3 Post by pelmet » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Schooner69A wrote:Never low fly in an area you haven't recce'd...

Now there is a lesson to be learned. I haven't read the report but let's hope that the TSB concentrated on this instead of extraneous add on's.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”