Air Georgian wheel falls off on take off - YYZ

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Roger1989
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Air Georgian wheel falls off on take off - YYZ

Post by Roger1989 »

Just shut the place down. Just wait it out a few months and you’ll get picked up by a reputable company. Do NOT sign a bond with Air Georgian. :prayer:
---------- ADS -----------

gtanorth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtanorth »

Roger1989 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:56 pm Just shut the place down. Just wait it out a few months and you’ll get picked up by a reputable company. Do NOT sign a bond with Air Georgian. :prayer:

Why so bitter? georgian has been around for a couple of decades now, I think it’s pretty safe to say they will be staying around. Tell us - did u fail out, get fired, not hired? Why so deflective

New guy nailed it.

ditar
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ditar »

I’ve had the pleasure (misfortune?) of flying on Air Georgian only once. I have never seen an airplane with so many MEL placards in the cockpit in my life.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

C-GORN, a Beech 1900D aircraft operated by Air Georgian, was conducting flight GGN7298 from Toronto/Lester B. Pearson Intl, ON (CYYZ) to Hartford/Springfield/Bradley Intl, CT (KBDL). When ATC cleared the flight for take off from Runway 06L at CYYZ, the flight crew lined up the aircraft with the left edge of the runway and commenced the take off. During the take off roll, the left main wheel entered the grass area on the north side of the runway and struck a runway edge marker.

The flight crew heard a noise and felt the aircraft pulling to the left. The take off was aborted at approximately 65 knots, the aircraft exited on to Taxiway D4 and stopped. The flight crew shut the left engine down, notified ATC of their situation and requested that the operator’s maintenance meet the aircraft to assess damage. The right engine continued to operate and all passengers remained on board. After a visual inspection, maintenance personnel advised that the aircraft could taxi back to the gate.

Further examination by maintenance personnel revealed minor damage to the propeller blades and minor indentations to the left side of the fuselage, aft of the entry door. There were no reported injuries. The FDR and CVR were recovered and downloaded by TSB Engineering. The takeoff roll began at 0147:41 UTC and the aircraft stopped at 0148:46 on the taxiway. When reviewed by the TSB, the 30 min CVR contained only data from 0224:28 to 0232:13. The portion of the recording which should have captured the time period between 0201:06 and 0224:28 was blank.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

The pilots should be charged for tampering with evidence.
The description of what happened is pretty scary, WTF! I have no idea how that could even happen, completely inept crew

RNAV30
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by RNAV30 »

Air.Field wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:35 pm I'm no fan of GGN, but words like classic ggn or abysmal shape seems to me those forgotten AC had a tyre fall off in April 2017 http://nationalpost.com/news/air-canada ... in-england
Classic Air Canada? Abysmal shape those 330s are?
AC also doesn’t line up with runway edge lights for takeoff and then deletes the CVR.

there is a very clear poor safety and reporting culture. Whether you are looking from the inside or out it’s very obvious.

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

RNAV30 wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:12 am
Air.Field wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:35 pm I'm no fan of GGN, but words like classic ggn or abysmal shape seems to me those forgotten AC had a tyre fall off in April 2017 http://nationalpost.com/news/air-canada ... in-england
Classic Air Canada? Abysmal shape those 330s are?
AC also doesn’t line up with runway edge lights for takeoff and then deletes the CVR.

there is a very clear poor safety and reporting culture. Whether you are looking from the inside or out it’s very obvious.
They have lined up with taxiways for
landing though... Too soon!?

But yeah, GGN is not exactly the
pinnacle of aviation safety culture.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”