Aircraft down, CYSN

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

GyvAir
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Aircraft down, CYSN

Post by GyvAir »

Good thing there was no damage..

http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/c ... d2018H0082

(I guess that's a no damage landing in the Province of New York?)
---------- ADS -----------

pdw
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by pdw »

The coordinates where original emergency is reported are NY, and flightaware shows the flight arrived at CYSN Ontario. At that time it could be that it's only shut down as precaution, and no damage (to it) would be correct.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

C-GJKL, a privately registered Cessna 421C aircraft, was conducting a flight from Kingston, ON (CYGK) to St. Catharines/Niagara District, ON (CYSN) with one pilot and 2 passengers on board. During cruise flight, the number 2 engine (Continental GTSIO-520-L) began to lose power. The flight continued to CYSN and the number 2 engine was shut down. During the final approach, the aircraft touched down on soft grass approximately 500 feet short of the runway threshold. The
nose landing gear collapsed; the main landing gear, propellers and nose were substantially damaged. The three occupants on board were not injured.

pdw
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by pdw »

"began to lose power"

Sounds like didn't just quit .. so hopefully there might be a description as to why

Duncan Idaho
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Duncan Idaho »

C.W.E. wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:08 pm I am learning something new all the time by reading these posts.

Crashing airplanes has nothing to do with getting behind the airplane it is caused by random wind changes and all pilots can get caught unaware and crash regardless of their flying skills.

I am sure happy I was never in the wrong place when one of these atmospheric events suddenly happen and even happier that I can thank pure luck for not crashing one during my career in aviation. :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:
Hahaha!! Yeah seriously what the hell are you guys talking about

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”