150 vs Citation - April 3 2018

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

150 vs Citation - April 3 2018

Post by goldeneagle »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-planes ... rs-killed/
MARION, Ind. -- Two planes collided at a small Indiana airport Monday evening, killing two firefighters, the Grant County coroner told CBS affiliate WTTV. Officials identified the victims as Kyle M. Hibst and David Wittkamper, both 31-years-old from Elwood. They had served as volunteer firefighters at the Pipe Creek Fire Department out of Madison County.

The crash at Marion Municipal Airport, about 50 miles northeast of Indianapolis, involved a small private plane, which sustained fire damage after the collision, and a larger plane that had its tail completely severed off.

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) says the planes involved were a Cessna 525 Citation Jet and a single-engine Cessna 150, WTTV reports.

The FAA believes the Cessna 150 struck the tail of the Citation while attempting to take off at 5:09 p.m. local time. The Citation had just landed, WTTV reports.
---------- ADS -----------

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: 150 vs Citation - April 3 2018

Post by youhavecontrol »

Really sad, but the reporting confuses me. I don't like how the article says, "Killing two firefighters." It makes it sound like firefighters on duty were killed while attending the scene.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."
linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by linecrew »

youhavecontrol wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:05 pm Really sad, but the reporting confuses me. I don't like how the article says, "Killing two firefighters." It makes it sound like firefighters on duty were killed while attending the scene.
Simply more sensationalist news trying to add more tragedy and gasp factor to an already tragic story. Two aviators died, either through their fault or fault of others. Their profession has nothing to do with the accident whatsoever.

anofly
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by anofly »

this is sad, It "may" have been an intersecting runways event....

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”