Crash if TaylorcraftDC12-D1 CF-KC Q

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Bill Thompson
Rank 0
Rank 0

Crash if TaylorcraftDC12-D1 CF-KC Q

Post by Bill Thompson »

Hello,

I've been researching the aviation history of Lake Kagianagami, which is about 75 miles northwest of Nakina, Ontario.

I've found four aircraft crashes on the lake. One happened on March 10, 1963 and it involved a Taylorcraft DC12-D1 aircraft CF-DHL.

In the discussion of the evidence, it says:

" The similarity of this accident and that of the CF-KC Q (Taylorcraft DC12-D! 5002-380) is remarkable and it suggests that circumstance concerning the operation of flying controls, namely ailerons, as described by the pilot of CF-K C Q, may well have been the prime factor in the obvious loss of control at low level."

I have been trying to find information on the accident involving the CF-KC Q (Taylorcraft DC12-D! 5002-380), but I'm having no luck. Part of the reason is probably because it happened over 55 years ago.

All I know is that it happened before March 10, 1963.

I would appreciate any help that anyone can provide

Thank you,
Bill Thompson
226-647-2807
billoutdoors1@gmail.com
---------- ADS -----------

Antique Pilot
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Crash if TaylorcraftDC12-D1 CF-KC Q

Post by Antique Pilot »

Bill Thompson wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 12:00 pm Hello,

I've been researching the aviation history of Lake Kagianagami, which is about 75 miles northwest of Nakina, Ontario.

I've found four aircraft crashes on the lake. One happened on March 10, 1963 and it involved a Taylorcraft DC12-D1 aircraft CF-DHL.

In the discussion of the evidence, it says:

" The similarity of this accident and that of the CF-KC Q (Taylorcraft DC12-D! 5002-380) is remarkable and it suggests that circumstance concerning the operation of flying controls, namely ailerons, as described by the pilot of CF-K C Q, may well have been the prime factor in the obvious loss of control at low level."

I have been trying to find information on the accident involving the CF-KC Q (Taylorcraft DC12-D! 5002-380), but I'm having no luck. Part of the reason is probably because it happened over 55 years ago.

All I know is that it happened before March 10, 1963.

I would appreciate any help that anyone can provide

Thank you,
Bill Thompson
226-647-2807
billoutdoors1@gmail.com
Hi Bill,

I can’t find anything on a T-Craft CF-KCQ in my files. But I did find the file references to a T-Craft CF-EHL which had an accident at Kagianagami Lake on March 10, 1963. 2 deceased.
File is RG 12, Vol 1575, 5002-1929.

AP

Bill Thompson
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bill Thompson »

Hi AP

Yes, I've been researching the a T-Craft CF-EHL which had an accident at Kagianagami Lake on March 10, 1963. 2 deceased.
File is RG 12, Vol 1575, 5002-1929.

I started researching it back in 2013, but the Canadian Library and Archives informed me that I would have to apply for the information under the Freedom of Information, which I did. Five year later on Wed., May 9, 2018 I received the information on the accident and one that occurred in 1959

There are four accidents on Lake Kagianagami, but I was told if they had anything to do with aboriginal people (2 of them), I would have to apply under the Freedom of Information Act, which I did.

Now I just have to find out if the other accident involving another Taylorcraft also involved an aboriginal.

So I'll just keep researching.

Take care,
Bill Thompson
billoutdoors1@gmail.com
226-647-2807

Antique Pilot
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Antique Pilot »

Hi Bill,

Well it sounds like you are way ahead of me in the research department. Too bad about the delays. Carry on.

AP

Rudy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rudy »

You may try contacting Leuenberger Air Service
http://www.leuenberger.ca/landing.html

They operate into Kagianagami and have been in operation since the 60's.

Bill Thompson
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bill Thompson »

Hi Rudy,

Yeh, I've been flying into Lake Kagianagami for over 25 years with Leuenberger Air Services.

Thanks
Bill Thompson

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Hey mods, can we get a year put on the thread title? Some of us have friends with Taylorcrafts.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”