Man flies plane into Utah home after fight with wife

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Woxof38
Rank 4
Rank 4

Man flies plane into Utah home after fight with wife

Post by Woxof38 »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/utah-man-p ... -1.4783857

A Utah man flew a small plane into his own house early Monday just hours after he had been arrested for assaulting his wife in a nearby canyon where the couple went to talk over their problems, authorities said.

The pilot, Duane Youd, died. His wife and a child, who were in the home, survived despite the front of their two-storey house being engulfed in flames, Payson police Sgt. Noemi Sandoval said.
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Man flies plane into Utah home after fight with wife

Post by pelmet »

Remember a guy doing the same many years back in Edmonton. It was also a Cessna but this was a Cessna Citation Jet.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

If I have a house built, I want that builder to do it. Takes a hit from a reasonably large plane, burns, and doesn't look like it's hardly damaged at all.

GyvAir
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by GyvAir »

AirFrame wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:38 am If I have a house built, I want that builder to do it. Takes a hit from a reasonably large plane, burns, and doesn't look like it's hardly damaged at all.
I think it's the car you want. Based on it's positioning, I'd say it was what actually took the hit.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

pelmet wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:53 pm Remember a guy doing the same many years back in Edmonton. It was also a Cessna but this was a Cessna Citation Jet.
Wasn't there a similar thing in a Toronto suburb ten or so years ago? Guy ended up putting some kind of Cessna RG single onto the back deck of his ex's house or something. If memory serves he survived and claimed carb ice or some other equally lame thing.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

AirFrame wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:38 am If I have a house built, I want that builder to do it. Takes a hit from a reasonably large plane, burns, and doesn't look like it's hardly damaged at all.
I'm wondering if "flies plane into house" isn't a bit misleading. I've got a feeling the aircraft may have hit ground further back and ended up nearer to the house - where the post-impact fire has destroyed the Citation and damaged the home.

Even though the house looks structurally ok, it probably has extensive smoke/water damage.

FlyGy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by FlyGy »

Unfortunately, using a plane as a murder/suicide weapon is a fairly regular occurance.

https://www.google.com/search?q=office+ ... =firefox-b

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

FlyGy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:45 pm Unfortunately, using a plane as a murder/suicide weapon is a fairly regular occurance.

https://www.google.com/search?q=office+ ... =firefox-b
It seems your definition of "regular" and mine are significantly different.

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Woxof38 wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:17 pm http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/utah-man-p ... -1.4783857

A Utah man flew a small plane into his own house early Monday just hours after he had been arrested for assaulting his wife in a nearby canyon where the couple went to talk over their problems, authorities said.

The pilot, Duane Youd, died. His wife and a child, who were in the home, survived despite the front of their two-storey house being engulfed in flames, Payson police Sgt. Noemi Sandoval said.
In his mug pic, he looks more like 70 years old than 47 as stated :?

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”