Tokyo. Strike 3 you're out

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

duele

Tokyo. Strike 3 you're out

Post by duele »

Is it possible to rename AC "Air Red" to prevent further embarassment to Canada if AC continues to draw attention to itself? At least no lives were threatened this time, just thousands of travel plans messed up...
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by duele on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Tokyo. Strike 3 you're out

Post by altiplano »

Says the PPL with aspirations of part time flight instruction.

Get some credibility before you start to cast stones at experienced guys who flew 10s of thousands of incident free hours before making a minor mistake that was corrected and is really only an issue because the media ran with it and... Let alone defaming entire organisation with thousands of pilots...

Any idea how many taxi incursions/wrong turns there are daily in the world?

Stick with your aspirations of getting big time into Microsoft Flight Sim...

Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

altiplano wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:52 pm Says the PPL with aspirations of part time flight instruction.

Get some credibility before you start to cast stones at experienced guys who flew 10s of thousands of incident free hours before making a minor mistake that was corrected and is really only an issue because the media ran with it and... Let alone defaming entire organisation with thousands of pilots...

Any idea how many taxi incursions/wrong turns there are daily in the world?

Stick with your aspirations of getting big time into Microsoft Flight Sim...
Hear! hear!
And just in case some readers wonder...
Here is an extract from one of Duele’s post
“ I'm a private pilot but think I'd enjoy teaching one day, as it would provide a little more purpose to my hobby ”

FL007
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL007 »

Sounds like this duele guy should be the resident expert on the evening news.

duele

Post by duele »

Lol I expected that. I'm not pretending to be anything that I'm not. The fact that I'm a PPL incapable of even starting up those aircraft doesn't diminish the fact that AC is becoming the comedy section of the aviation news.

Last edited by duele on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

duele wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:22 pm Lol I expected that. I'm not pretending to be anything that I'm not. The fact that I'm a PPL incapable of even starting up those aircraft doesn't diminish the fact that AC is becoming the comedy section of the aviation news.
Stick to your “joy”stick and let the professionals do their job.
The day you’ll have a real flying job like most of us and depend on it financially then you can play sarcasm.

duele

Post by duele »

Sorry, forgot it was a crime to imply that pilots are capable of making mistakes and to mention it in the rare event they ever do. I will turn my badge in to the mods. Sorry about this.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

No need to quit posting here duele, you have as much right to express your opinion as anyone else here.

I used to be a " professional " pilot and I am not offended by your posts.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Best not to feed trolls folks. Why waste your energy typing and the cost of yer bandwidth commenting on that dudes rather silly musings.

Brock_Landers
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Brock_Landers »

Would it be possible for someone to post a link or something so I know what the hell everyone is talking about?

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

duele wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:22 pm Lol I expected that. I'm not pretending to be anything that I'm not. The fact that I'm a PPL incapable of even starting up those aircraft doesn't diminish the fact that AC is becoming the comedy section of the aviation news.
Listen to what the grown-ups are telling you.

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
duele

Post by duele »

I'm just trying to keep everyone apprised of the murmerings among the non-flying population.

Last edited by duele on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
privateer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by privateer »

Considering how vast of an operation AC is I find it amusing that you're making armchair quarterback comments.

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

duele wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:12 pm I'm just trying to keep everyone appraised of the murmerings among the non-flying population.
Why? I'm fairly sure I've never asked myself, in the last two decades, what the non flying population were murmuring about.

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
duele

Post by duele »

Brock_Landers wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:32 pm Would it be possible for someone to post a link or something so I know what the hell everyone is talking about?
https://www.narcity.com/news/an-air-can ... aycampaign

I guess we're not supposed to talk about it though haha. Ssshhhhhhh

Attachments
Screenshot_2018-08-15-22-37-49~2.png
Screenshot_2018-08-15-22-37-49~2.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 2705 times
duele

Post by duele »

cncpc wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:42 pm
duele wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:12 pm I'm just trying to keep everyone appraised of the murmerings among the non-flying population.
Why? I'm fairly sure I've never asked myself, in the last two decades, what the non flying population were murmuring about.
Well I mean they are your customers. Not surprised however given customer service is generally not a priority for AC. I hope you're with AC or that one doesn't really work. Fingers crossed

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

The non-flying population are not Air Canada's customers.

The flying population tends to actually like the airline for the most part... of course there are errors from time to time in any scale of operation that size, and all you hear in the media is this very small minority of errors or mistakes customer service related or otherwise and whether deserved or not. Canadian media definitely like piling it on AC when they think they can.

It's a trend to pile in on airlines these days, and ignorant followers, without much or any actual experience with the airline like to get their 2bits in too. Kinda like you... no relevant piloting experience, don't fly with the airline, just like to get your troll game on...

This was an unfortunate mistake, but was handled by the crew as well as can be expected afterward. There are 1000s of taxiway errors per year in the US alone, let alone worldwide. I think NRT Ops botched their end of it with nonstandard markings, no NOTAMS, no charts showing the taxiway, and then a slow response to push it back and reopen the runway afterwards.

Life goes on. 1000s of AC professions pilots will continue to operate 1000s of flights a day without issue...

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

duele wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:12 pmI'm just trying to keep everyone apprised of the murmerings among the non-flying population.
I agree with ., you're more than welcome to express your opinions. Tabloid news is so "now", after all. You do realize this particular incident was already covered on AvCanada elsewhere, right?

But when I read your quoted remarks I just "murmer" to myself..."Who the F$CK does this guy think he is, does he actually believe he speaks for the non-flying population and needs to 'apprise everyone'?"

Gabor, is that you?

So yeah. Post away. Just be aware that you sound like the embarrassingly arrogant amateur a-hole that apparently, you are! :mrgreen:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

duele wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:16 pm Is it possible to rename AC "Air Red" to prevent further embarassment to Canada if AC continues to draw attention to itself? At least no lives were threatened this time, just thousands of travel plans messed up...
Some clickbait internet 'news' article? Really? Let me guess you also hate Rogers, the Maple Leafs, dislike Americans in a very generic sense and a bunch other tired old Canadian stereotypes?

This incident didn't "Just shut down Japan's biggest airport", it shut down a runway, there's a difference.

"Air Canada is one of Canada's biggest airlines", no it is Canada's biggest, it's about 3 times the size of the next biggest.

"but that doesn't mean it is our favourite. The company has terrible reviews online and their social media pages seemed to be filled with complaints about delayed or cancelled flights, lost luggage, and less than impressive customer service." 7 out of the last 9 years it's been voted by customers as North Americas best carrier. But apparently at Carleton in 'J school' they teach you to report whatever your bias can find, then cut and paste from twitter and facebook.

Fact is it's easy to make enemies in the airline world. Air Canada flies over 45 million passengers a year from all over the globe, weather happens, aircraft defects happen, and mistakes happen. I'm always amazed at how calmly and professional Customer Service Agents and Flight Attendants act when you see the abuse the front line staff absorb on a daily basis from stressed out travellers.

Type 'excursion' into Avhearald.com and read through some of the reports. As a pilot you should be aware of the difference between an Undesirable Aircraft State UAS and making a wrong turn. Airlines spend an enormous amount of time obtaining reports, FDA data, working with aircraft manufacturers, regulating bodies, safety boards and training pilots to prevent incidents and accidents. What happened in NRT was undesirable but the threat was low, what happened in SFO would be an undesirable aircraft state and the threat was very high. I think we can all agree that an airlines' safety department should be using their resources addressing threats that rank higher on a risk matrix as opposed to what is retweeted the most on social media.

Threat and Error Management is the current focus, I'd suggest spending some time reading through whatever you can dig up on that subject and less time clicking on links with "... And It's Just So Embarrassing"

duele

Post by duele »

I'm actually American haha and I do have a Rogers wireless plan. I don't like the Maple Leafs but only because of Kadri mostly.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”