Air Tindi Flight Missing

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Air Tindi Flight Missing

Post by goingnowherefast »

I think the mods should clean up this mess. Two pilots are dead and we're arguing about semantics. They descending below an IFR altitude, well duh, they hit the ground. Nobody on avcanada knows if it was even a controlled descent, nevermind intentional.

How about, out of respect for the dead, we wait until some more information comes out before the eventual speculation and the blame game from the old farts can begin.
---------- ADS -----------

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

goingnowherefast wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:51 am Nobody on avcanada knows if it was even a controlled descent, nevermind intentional..
Exactly. And that is precisely why I think it's worth arguing about the semantics in this case, to make sure someone isn't casting baseless aspersion on the crew.

McGyver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by McGyver »

Have they released the registration number of the aircraft yet?

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

McGyver wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:34 pm Have they released the registration number of the aircraft yet?
Yes

LifeAt90Kts
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by LifeAt90Kts »

McGyver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by McGyver »

And the registration is???? I cannot find it anywhere including the TSB site

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

McGyver wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:40 pm And the registration is???? I cannot find it anywhere including the TSB site
You're not looking very hard. Don't be lazy.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

I wish there were some sort of CADOR type data base that might tell this type of info.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

leftoftrack wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:22 pm I wish there were some sort of CADOR type data base that might tell this type of info.
The info is readily available. Not looking to hard.

YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:04 pm You're not looking very hard. Don't be lazy.
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:42 pm The info is readily available. Not looking to hard.
*Sigh* Ya know...........in the time you took out of your no doubt incredibly busy day to post not one, but two, totally unhelpful and unnecessarily belittling replies, you could have actually helped out a couple of posters by providing an informed response.

The accident aircraft, according to http://aviation-safety.net/database/rec ... hCbADIKDGA, was C-GTUC.

And for the record, it's "too" hard, not "to" hard. Of course, a smart guy like you probably knew that, right? :P

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

YYZSaabGuy wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:03 am
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:04 pm You're not looking very hard. Don't be lazy.
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:42 pm The info is readily available. Not looking to hard.
*Sigh* Ya know...........in the time you took out of your no doubt incredibly busy day to post not one, but two, totally unhelpful and unnecessarily belittling replies, you could have actually helped out a couple of posters by providing an informed response.

The accident aircraft, according to http://aviation-safety.net/database/rec ... hCbADIKDGA, was C-GTUC.

And for the record, it's "too" hard, not "to" hard. Of course, a smart guy like you probably knew that, right? :P
Blah blah blah

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

so you found it?

Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Illya Kuryakin »

So, were these guys shooting an approach of some kind? Are we willing to admit they descended below safe altitudes? Any indication of an altimeter setting error? Or, are we just too touchy freely to learn from this?
Illya

Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then.
godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

What exactly do you think you can learn from speculation. You have no idea what direction they were going our what attitude the aircraft was in when it hit the ground. One thing we can all agree on is it hit the ground and killed 2 people. Have to love Arm Chair TSB investigators.

Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Illya Kuryakin »

[quote=goingnowherefast post_id=1068964 time=1549795893 user_id=40868

How about, out of respect for the dead, we wait until some more information comes out before the eventual speculation and the blame game from the old farts can begin.
[/quote]

Funny thing is.....it's not the "old farts" rolling airplanes into aluminum foil balls.
Illya

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

Funny thing is.....it's not the "old farts" rolling airplanes into aluminum foil balls.
Illya
The young pilots know far more than the old experienced ones Illya, that is obvious from reading their comments.

Some here think that discussing ( speculation? ) these issues is unprofessional and somehow detrimental to aviation and we should wait for the TSB to give us their decision on why these airplanes crash, and I personally do not believe everything that they claim because there is the risk politics can get involved.

Considering between us we have around a hundred years of experience flying for a living are we out of line wondering what caused these crashes Illya?

Or should we go out and crash one so we can better understand the subject?

porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by porcsord »

[/quote]
Illya
[/quote]

No? I lost a good friend in Antarctica, who I think was probably the most experienced Antarctic -6 drivers around. Nobody is infallible, not even Doc or Cat driver.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

No? I lost a good friend in Antarctica, who I think was probably the most experienced Antarctic -6 drivers around. Nobody is infallible, not even Doc or Cat driver.
I also considered Bob was an excellent pilot and a good friend and was really shocked when he flew into that mountain, we will probably never know why he did. His accident was very unusual for someone with his background.

However what prompted you to make that insulting remark about Doc and me ?

Do you have some personal reason to insult us with that remark?

Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Illya Kuryakin »

I can’t figure out the bitterness either. Young pilots right no only have to avoid picking their noses at the interview, and they get a shiny new Q400 job, for having a pulse!
Or, so it seems.
That accident on Mt Elizabeth will forever be a mystery to me. Really miss Bob.
Illya

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

C.W.E. wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:44 pm However what prompted you to make that insulting remark about Doc and me ?

Do you have some personal reason to insult us with that remark?
Calling someone "not infallible" is an insult? Does that mean you think you are infallible?

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”