CNC3 Hangar Fire

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: CNC3 Hangar Fire

Post by AirFrame »

I suppose if you're talking about "stupidity" you could ask how "smart" it is to keep such a valuable collection in a building without a sprinkler or fire suppression system... But we digress again.

Photos from the incident were sent to everyone in our hangar complex with the reminder that if you're moving fuel from container to plane or back, to roll it out of the hangar first. Nobody intends to ignite anything, but as we can see, sh*t happens. Constrain it to your own aircraft when it does.
---------- ADS -----------

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

I cross a bunch of timezones, and look what happens while I'm not watching, not only does a hangar burn down, but then the group tries to burn each other down in retaliation! What a sad loss at BFC, They'll recover, and to some degree, airplanes will be replaced. We don't have to replace any people, and a lesson has been retaught. As I firefighter, I have attended two fires started in the way described, incandescent bulbs should be a no no in inspection lights - that's a lesson... Hey, who here has actually extinguished a burning liquid fire with a hand held extinguisher?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

PilotDAR wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:50 am
They'll recover, and to some degree, airplanes will be replaced. We don't have to replace any people, and a lesson has been retaught.
Couldn't agree more.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

This is the context; Pelmets Callous comments when not aircraft were destroyed, but 2 teenage students and a green instructor barely out his teens.

"As far as I'm concerned, this was a personal flight by the PIC with passengers that crashed. One of the passengers happened to be a student pilot.
Perhaps you should be sued by the flying club for defamation of character....unless other evidence comes to light."

"there are no shortage of bereaved families that have greedily gone after others when their loved one screwed up and crashed. Being bereaved does not justify creating more victims by suing innocent people"

"This is what pisses me off(along with the people that say I shouldn't complain because the poor family lost a loved one even though they are suing ). When someone decides to sue innocent people, I really don't care about your sadness and loss. It doesn't justify your greed.

I believe that the family needs to be told how incompetent their loved one was and made to pay our costs and maybe countersued to hurt them financially. And if that hurts them emotionally, too bad. I don't appreciate being sued for no good reason."

I still haven't figured out how those 2 teenage students screwed up in that one, and their families should be sued by Pelmet's friends.

This is real -- stupidity that dearly costs. Let's hope it's never Your child that dies. People's lives are more valuable than pieces of machinery, Pelmet.

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

PilotDAR wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:50 am not only does a hangar burn down, but then the group tries to burn each other down in retaliation!
Story on this? There is bad blood at BFC over this accident?

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

There is bad blood at BFC over this accident?
People at BFC are pretty nice, I wouldn't think so, it appears to be a group here trying to burn each other down....

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

PilotDAR wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:41 pm
People at BFC are pretty nice, I wouldn't think so, it appears to be a group here trying to burn each other down....
I'm trying to pass on how the fire was started and meanwhile another poster is determined to insult me because he is upset on how I debated him on another thread. This is not the first thread he has derailed. I suggest we all ignore and continue on subject. and the mods delete the above postings that are not on topic. Said poster can, as he has done on another forum more than once complain about me over there.

Message passed on to the mods as an example of how a troll can ruin a thread trying to prevent future disasters.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Pelmet,

Go sue someone. Maybe this poor idiot who started the fire.

I'm sure it would give you great pleasure.

Have a lovely evening ---

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:39 pm Pelmet,

Go sue someone. Maybe this poor idiot who started the fire.

I'm sure it would give you great pleasure.

Have a lovely evening ---
Once again mods, please ban this person as he refuses to stop trolling and is now talking gibberish.

jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by jakeandelwood »

That's the problem with these joined hangars, you never know what your neighbor is screwing with. I'm always carefull to make sure I unplug everything etc when I leave, I try to be conscious of others "pride and joys"

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

rookiepilot wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:05 pm
pelmet wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:35 pm
Yeah, I am really revelling at this loss of historic aircraft and someone's lifetime collection. I would say that deep, deep frustration is more like it when something like this happens.
I happen to think the three young lives needlessly wasted in the St Catherine's club accident are infinitely more valuable than any aircraft. That accident is very frustrating to me, the pain of the loss is at a level that doesn't compare.

As shown by your callousness in your comments, you do not, and yeah that's deeply offensive to me.
I think you've confused us with people who give a @#$! what is offensive to you, chipmunk.

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

Gee, I don't recall typing this...@#$!

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

pelmet wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:19 pm
PilotDAR wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:41 pm
I'm trying to pass on how the fire was started and meanwhile another poster is determined to insult me because he is upset on how I debated him on another thread.
That's what I was thinking...Pelmet must have handed this chirper his ass one or more times here on AvCanada.

If I recall, the chirper is a Trump supporter, no?

phillyfan
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by phillyfan »

No wonder pilots never get laid.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

phillyfan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:13 am No wonder pilots never get laid.
Speak for yourself!

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”