Small Plane Hits Tower

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Small Plane Hits Tower

Post by pelmet »

As in....the tower.

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/poli ... 18116.html

Both persons survived.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by pelmet on Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Small Plane Hits Tower

Post by linecrew »

I thought, based on the title, that you meant radio tower out in the middle of nowhere. They hit the frikin control tower! This happened a couple of months ago.

Mick G
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Mick G »

Give the phrase "Buzz the tower" a whole new meaning :lol:

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

linecrew wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:08 am I thought, based on the title, that you meant radio tower out in the middle of nowhere. They hit the frikin control tower! This happened a couple of months ago.
That is the last time those controllers will approve a pilot request to visit the tower.

Actually, I have flown light aircraft to several small airports in Germany from a school in Frankfurt on layovers. Not the grass strip type but paved ones. Each has a tower-style building but they are advisory only. I visited the tower at each one as that is where the landing fee was paid or discussion about it in German by my instructor. I don't have an EU license so I have never been allowed to fly as PIC. I believe that once the advisory is no longer available, no flights are allowed.

Windows in the\is tower incident were not damaged.

anofly
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by anofly »

I know of several folks living in Germany, that keep planes in canada and / or US and come over a few times a year to have a flying holiday. Germany is def not GA friendly. One can pay more for runway lights ,landing fees, and ATC for a 300 mile flight than you do for fuel! and fuel is not cheap...
sadly we may be headed towards things more like that model here.

linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by linecrew »

anofly wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:42 am sadly we may be headed towards things more like that model here.
I think that with our letter support groups such as COPA and AOPA there will be less chance of this happening on this side of the pond. There is much more of a collective voice over here.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”