Resolute Bay Accident - Pilots Discussion Thread

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

55+
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Resolute Bay Accident - Pilots Discussion Thread

Post by 55+ »

I would be lost trying to figure all of that out without glass and associated displays........
---------- ADS -----------

Vickers vanguard
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Vickers vanguard »

You've probably noticed that the pictures shown above are of C-FNVT. These pics are very recent (30 days old aprox) and NVT is undergoing heavy maintenance as we speak. I can't confirm if NVT is a sister ship to the one that crashed but probably is. The PBA or the the push button annunciator show on the upper right corner of picture 3, 4 and even 5 is used to choose between the nav source that drives the HSI. either VHF nav or FMS nav. the VHF nav on these birds are all mechanical stuff, I suspect that in order to shoot a LOc approach, you'll have to manually tune the NAV. The tune page of this CDU is not an operating function, Unlike more modern FMS installation that I am current on ( ex, Rockwell Collins FMS6000) where you can load an ILS from the database and the FMS will automatically tune the VHF nav, and also transfer from FMS nav to VHF nav once the loc CDi is alive.

I do not work for First air, so maybe somebody who does fly the 37-200 for them could tell us how they do it. Despite the age, their aircraft is a lot better equipped that similar ships flying in Canada today.
here's a Nolinor ship for example: see the cheapo dual gps on the center ped, the Sandell display on the right pedestal that provides TAWS display .....

scm
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by scm »

EDITED - Off Topic. The WC was shut down for a reason, this is not the site for this type of speculation.

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”