Accident in NWO

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

straightpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Accident in NWO

Post by straightpilot »

But what about the fish? Were any injured? If so, have they made a full recovery? If not, who is taking care of them? Has anyone set up a foundation to accept donations for fish rehab?
---------- ADS -----------

DaveC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DaveC »

straightpilot wrote:But what about the fish? Were any injured? If so, have they made a full recovery? If not, who is taking care of them? Has anyone set up a foundation to accept donations for fish rehab?
Two fish were reported injured, seen flailing rapidly out of the water. They have since passed away. A foundation has been created in their honour, to donate please call
1-800-u-fail-troll. Have chequebook or credit-card available. Please note donations are not tax deductible.

floatpilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by floatpilot »

I thought "doc" woulda been all over this by now! gear gear gear. It is a sad deal but, i too would like to see this dog brought back to its family. reminds me of another crash in winter in the mountains some place, the pilot died and the dog made it, spent three nights alone in the bush before rescuers found the poor thing. Its quite obvious you na sayers are not animal people, i'm sure the guy driving the plane would respect somone caring for his poor "friend".

midwingcrisis
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by midwingcrisis »

A little more on the unfortunate Pilot, a little less on Hank.

http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_ ... ck_check=1

How do you go 205 kts TAS on 32 gal/hr without turbos!
snoopy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by snoopy »

For those who share my concern, a kind forum user pm'd me that "Hank" is safe, and in the good hands of the pilot's family.

That link didn't work for me, so here's another: http://www.twincities.com/ci_18801451?I ... cities.com - hope that works.

Best Regards,
Kirsten B.

“Never interrupt someone doing something you said couldn’t be done.” Amelia Earhart
DaveC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DaveC »

snoopy wrote:For those who share my concern, a kind forum user pm'd me that "Hank" is safe, and in the good hands of the pilot's family.

That link didn't work for me, so here's another: http://www.twincities.com/ci_18801451?I ... cities.com - hope that works.

Best Regards,
Kirsten B.
Thanks for passing that info on. Glad someone got back to you regarding Hank.

Cheers

-DC

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

I met Mr. Riley just a few weeks ago at Flemming Field while picking up an airplane from Wipaire. Seemed like a very nice and engaging man in the half hour that I chatted with him. He loved his airplane!! Condolences to his family.

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

floatpilot wrote:I thought "doc" woulda been all over this by now! gear gear gear. It is a sad deal but, i too would like to see this dog brought back to its family. reminds me of another crash in winter in the mountains some place, the pilot died and the dog made it, spent three nights alone in the bush before rescuers found the poor thing. Its quite obvious you na sayers are not animal people, i'm sure the guy driving the plane would respect somone caring for his poor "friend".
And I would have been "all over this....", but I'm too busy shaking my head. C'mon folks, it's a dog! And before anybody accuses me of not being an "animal" person, I have 6 cats, 3 dogs, 1 snake and a turtle! Oh, and 2 rats. This was an aircraft accident. With a fatality. But, this thread is about how a dog is doing? Obviously, I'm happy the dog made it through the ordeal, but really.....

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”