Some people's kids.

Topics related to accidents, incidents & over due aircraft should be placed in this forum.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

jet a1
Rank 6
Rank 6

Some people's kids.

Post by jet a1 »

---------- ADS -----------

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Some people's kids.

Post by Heliian »

something tells me he won't be renting from there or anywhere else soon. That's one fast 172

flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

What an absolute moron! If he ever dreamed of flying for a living, that's now over. I doubt he will even be able to rent a 172 or any aircraft anywhere in Canada as a PPL after this. Stupid stupid.

beaverbob
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by beaverbob »

More than likely, he will write a book about his experience and make more money than the rest of us.
Bob :smt040

PT6onH20
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PT6onH20 »

Is D still running the shop there?

Fantastic guy, but I would be more scared of him than the cops after a stunt like this.

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

Thicker than bottled pig shite.

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/s ... -laid.html

More footage in link.

This guys going to get a well deserved TC enema. I will be the first to admit I have buzzed a few things/places/people/ in my time but over a city that low and for 22 minutes :roll:

single_swine_herder
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by single_swine_herder »

Based on "The AvCanada Historical Experience" somebody will be along to defend the guy.

So .... I'll jump onto the bandwagon and get the ball rolling with the usual line of thinking in these matters ......

1- Aaww .... come on, he's just a fellow aviator blowing off a little steam ....
2- People who complain about this sort of thing but have broken a reg sometime in their career are just being "Holier than thou...."
3- Those wimpy CBC eye witnesses like that Jeff Smith fellow (what kind of name is that) don't have a clue what they're talking about ...... he wasn't at the same height as a lamp post, and he sure wasn't stalling ..... stupid clod, what does he know anyway?
4- He's obviously an experienced pilot, or he wouldn't have been able to fly so well.
5- Those people calling for him to have his licence suspended are just tools that can't stand to see anybody have fun ...... after all, nobody was hurt and he didn't kill anybody .... so what's the big deal?
6- About the indignant bike rider wearing the helmet ..... he's the one who should go for psychological assessment ....... he sounds like a former Ops Mgr at one of the companies I worked for ..... he was fond of sending pilots for brain scans if they cut up a little.
7- This poor bugger is being hung in the media when he did absolutely nothing wrong, and his reputation as a fine stick & rudder man has been besmirched needlessly.

There ....... I'm sure I failed to capture each and every one of the views which are usually brought forward in these kind of situations.

Please feel to add on a lot more accolades of what a great pilot he is/was..... and how Transport Canada are scumbags for even thinking of taking action against "the poor little guy" being gang-screwed by the huge number of inspectors who take turns working him over with the rubber hose and phone book in the blood splattered interrogation room as they "get their jollies."

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

single_swine_herder wrote:Based on "The AvCanada Historical Experience" somebody will be along to defend the guy.

So .... I'll jump onto the bandwagon and get the ball rolling with the usual line of thinking in these matters ......

1- Aaww .... come on, he's just a fellow aviator blowing off a little steam ....
2- People who complain about this sort of thing but have broken a reg sometime in their career are just being "Holier than thou...."
3- Those wimpy CBC eye witnesses like that Jeff Smith fellow (what kind of name is that) don't have a clue what they're talking about ...... he wasn't at the same height as a lamp post, and he sure wasn't stalling ..... stupid clod, what does he know anyway?
4- He's obviously an experienced pilot, or he wouldn't have been able to fly so well.
5- Those people calling for him to have his licence suspended are just tools that can't stand to see anybody have fun ...... after all, nobody was hurt and he didn't kill anybody .... so what's the big deal?
6- About the indignant bike rider wearing the helmet ..... he's the one who should go for psychological assessment ....... he sounds like a former Ops Mgr at one of the companies I worked for ..... he was fond of sending pilots for brain scans if they cut up a little.
7- This poor bugger is being hung in the media when he did absolutely nothing wrong, and his reputation as a fine stick & rudder man has been besmirched needlessly.

There ....... I'm sure I failed to capture each and every one of the views which are usually brought forward in these kind of situations.

Please feel to add on a lot more accolades of what a great pilot he is/was.....

8-If people are complaining about this noise...then why do they move to a place where low fly-by's are done.

Then again....glad I was never caught on some of the stuff I did. Not in the middle of the city though.

pdw
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by pdw »

single_swine_herder wrote:Please feel to add on a lot more accolades of what a great pilot he is/was.....
Since you asked ... , it looks like the appropriate amount of flap was indeed used.

Might be some sort of dare ( "show me you love me by flying over the house three times" ...etc)

CFR
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CFR »

single_swine_herder wrote:Based on "The AvCanada Historical Experience" somebody will be along to defend the guy.

Please feel to add on a lot more accolades of what a great pilot he is/was..... and how Transport Canada are scumbags for even thinking of taking action against "the poor little guy" being gang-screwed by the huge number of inspectors who take turns working him over with the rubber hose and phone book in the blood splattered interrogation room as they "get their jollies."
Too late, already happening on the other post about this incident in the general comments section "GTA aerobatics" :rolleyes:

single_swine_herder
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by single_swine_herder »

Golly CFR ..... why am I not surprised?

Reading the first couple pages of comments makes me cringe .... how can so many people who can select an AC power switch to the "on" position and then operate a keyboard be so stunningly professionally brainless unless it is to specifically "wind someone up?"

SSH

radubc
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by radubc »

That happens because people tend to be irational. Their big ego prevents them from changing their views according to new information. This is why this kind of people never admit that they are wrong, and they can't learn anything other than by doing it hundreds or thousands of times. This way, they know how to do one thing and that's it. Then they rely too much on their experience, and the circle is closed.

GUMPS
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GUMPS »

Yup hot rodding in a 172 sure will get you laid....

pdw
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by pdw »

The hot rodding in a 172 might be the product of that type of thinking though ...

GUMPS
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GUMPS »

pdw wrote:The hot rodding in a 172 might be the product of that type of thinking though ...
If this goofball actually thought that, then he hasn't been flying long enough to realize any chick with a brain knows being a pilot means dick all.

On that note, I'm off to the bar with my pilot had and bars on my shoulders, because I have a small penis.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

You know, most of the general non-flying public will say "you fly? that's so cool!" and you'll go up a notch in their minds. But take them to the airport and show them a rented Cessna 172, with four seats and a training wheel up front, and you'll get a totally different reaction than if you show them a fast two-seat taildragger... :P

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

and you'll get a totally different reaction than if you show them a fast two-seat taildragger..
Indeed, and an even better reaction, if you show the public ANY aircraft being flown with skill, discipline, and respect for the national regulations....

GUMPS
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GUMPS »

You really think the average joe knows or cares about the difference between a nose dragger and a tail dragger?

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

The average Joe puts everything from a 172 and a Dash 8 in the same category.... 'scary little airplanes with propellers'. :lol:

Return to “Accidents, Incidents & Overdue Aircraft”