Evas

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Evas

Post by C-GGGQ »

ant_321 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:52 pm
C-GGGQ wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:39 pm Porter has a base in yhz too. One of the main reasons they are on my list. So their 45 goes way further in Halifax than your 33.
And I get that. I responded to the poster because his commment made the assumption that people don’t want to live in YHZ or YQX. I would love to live in the east coast but the money and career opportunities left on the table by doing so aren’t worth it to me. And as for commuting, I wouldn’t dream of that for less than $500k a year. The thought of flying standby half way across the country to start work makes me cringe.
That's fair, and I understand. I am coming up against the same thing. Majority of my family is in NB. so my choices are Halifax at Porter or PAL etc. Or commute to YYZ/ YUL not terribly hard depending on which airline, but certainly not ideal. However I prefer that over actually living in Ontario or Quebec. I've done it, I don't like it.
---------- ADS -----------

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Dumb thing is Yhz has international flights to Europe (or at least it did, maybe I'm out of date) so you would think between that and like Porter easy access to big East coast cities that it would make a sensible crew base for at minimum AC, WestJet too.

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:42 am It's not to bash Evas in the prensent or the past, it's for people who can look at where Evas is going, not where it's been.
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:04 pm
How's that schedule (6 on 5 off) coming along? How about those negotiations? Care to give us an update?

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

BE02 Driver wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:39 am
Evascaptainyhz wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:04 pm
How's that schedule (6 on 5 off) coming along? How about those negotiations? Care to give us an update?
Crickets.........

hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hsilgnepilot »

So whats the vibe like at EVAS after GGN all but losing their CPA? I fear for some of my friends who are employees that similar things could happen here...

Of course EVAS still has a semi-stable MEDEVAC operation and stable cargo run without the AC flying.

Being a Halifax native and having accommodations easily available in YHZ and YQX also, EVAS was/is one of the companies I've considered applying to, however I hope a lot of this stuff isn't true that I've read... especially the fronting 10k for a bond...

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

hsilgnepilot wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:32 am So whats the vibe like at EVAS after GGN all but losing their CPA? I fear for some of my friends who are employees that similar things could happen here...

Of course EVAS still has a semi-stable MEDEVAC operation and stable cargo run without the AC flying.

Being a Halifax native and having accommodations easily available in YHZ and YQX also, EVAS was/is one of the companies I've considered applying to, however I hope a lot of this stuff isn't true that I've read... especially the fronting 10k for a bond...
You'll likely regret your decision to fly for EVAS. Most do.

Bond is $20k, not $10k. Just FYI.

I don't see them holding onto the YHZ flying much longer. Not with the Mayor of Moncton complaining in the media about the number of cancelled flights. YQX, who knows?

hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hsilgnepilot »

[/quote]
I don't see them holding onto the YHZ flying much longer. Not with the Mayor of Moncton complaining in the media about the number of cancelled flights. YQX, who knows?
[/quote]
I can see them losing it as well and have heard similar, but whose gonna cover it? Jazz retiring their Dash 100s which seems like what would be the most logical solution to connect YHZ-YQM/YSJ/YFC/YYX.

Or maybe they’ll bring Georgian back to the maritimes?

hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hsilgnepilot »

BE02 Driver wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:43 pm
[/quote]

I’ve heard similar and heard they might lose it. But the only logical choice to replace it would be Jazz on a Dash 100, which as we know are being retired. So this is unlikely.

Unless if they plan to bring Georgian back to YHZ to connect us to YYG/YSJ/YQM/YFC?

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

hsilgnepilot wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:07 pm
BE02 Driver wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:43 pm
I’ve heard similar and heard they might lose it. But the only logical choice to replace it would be Jazz on a Dash 100, which as we know are being retired. So this is unlikely.

Unless if they plan to bring Georgian back to YHZ to connect us to YYG/YSJ/YQM/YFC?
[/quote]

Routes are becoming pretty popular. They could run the -300 with slightly reduced frequency from YHZ and supplemental routes from YYZ/YOW/YUL.

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

Are they cancelling/delaying due to staff issues, or because they still do F$&@ all for MX

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

rigpiggy wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:10 pm Are they cancelling/delaying due to staff issues, or because they still do F$&@ all for MX
Mostly staffing issues.

Management sent a panic email out to staff on a Friday afternoon saying PW spoke directly to AC and EVAS flying is secure. People were dusting off their resumes no doubt.

Desperation is a stinky cologne.

AC has the writing on the wall for EVAS. They've made it pretty clear that don't want 1900's in their fleet.

Evascaptainyhz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Evascaptainyhz »

havnt been on here in a while, quick update we are currently in Negotiations and have been since January thats about as much as I can say right now. The other thing whoever is currently looking at this no one on here knows any facts about AC and Evas's current involvement so stop spreading your thoughts... those are you opinions you maybe right you maybe wrong fact is you dont have solid proof. I personally asked them to send that letter after the closure of Georgian because people in the YHZ base were getting nervous... I think anyone in our shoes would be! What has been communicated to everyone is AC is still interested in keeping the 1900 in YHZ.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:35 am havnt been on here in a while, quick update we are currently in Negotiations and have been since January thats about as much as I can say right now. The other thing whoever is currently looking at this no one on here knows any facts about AC and Evas's current involvement so stop spreading your thoughts... those are you opinions you maybe right you maybe wrong fact is you dont have solid proof. I personally asked them to send that letter after the closure of Georgian because people in the YHZ base were getting nervous... I think anyone in our shoes would be! What has been communicated to everyone is AC is still interested in keeping the 1900 in YHZ.
Air Canada wants to get out of the 1900 flying. Heard it straight from a very reliable source recently.

Let’s Go Brandon
rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

I think if PW released the actual letter from AC saying they would keep the 1900's in YHZ/YQX the pilots maybe more likely to hang around. The Guys in St John, NB are looking for a corporate King AIr driver, if you really have to stay in the Maritimes

MrAviator19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrAviator19 »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:18 am ...and try to get rid of the terrible reputation Evas has.
Nothing that has been said in this thread so far about the company is helping that cause. :smt120

MrA

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Evascaptainyhz wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:35 am havnt been on here in a while, quick update we are currently in Negotiations and have been since January thats about as much as I can say right now. The other thing whoever is currently looking at this no one on here knows any facts about AC and Evas's current involvement so stop spreading your thoughts... those are you opinions you maybe right you maybe wrong fact is you dont have solid proof. I personally asked them to send that letter after the closure of Georgian because people in the YHZ base were getting nervous... I think anyone in our shoes would be! What has been communicated to everyone is AC is still interested in keeping the 1900 in YHZ.
How's that strike vote coming?

You are a Union Rep right?
Tell us your thoughts on the situation.....

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

You can’t honestly believe that Evas would tell the pilots truthfully if they knew they were going to lose flying or a desirable base. They have a very difficult time attracting/retaining pilots, spreading a couple lies to ensure that doesn’t become more difficult would be a no brainer.
Also, it would be very doubtful AC would inform EVAS or any of its CPA carriers it’s plan to eventually pull work. It wouldn’t make good business sense to give that information to someone your looking to provide you quality services and it would greatly affect bargaining power.

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Yycjetdriver wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:57 am
You can’t honestly believe that Evas would tell the pilots truthfully if they knew they were going to lose flying or a desirable base. They have a very difficult time attracting/retaining pilots, spreading a couple lies to ensure that doesn’t become more difficult would be a no brainer.
Also, it would be very doubtful AC would inform EVAS or any of its CPA carriers it’s plan to eventually pull work. It wouldn’t make good business sense to give that information to someone your looking to provide you quality services and it would greatly affect bargaining power.
91% voting in favour of a strike. 90% of pilots voted. Legal strike date is June 7, 2019

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

BE02 Driver wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:42 am
Yycjetdriver wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:57 am
91% voting in favour of a strike. 90% of pilots voted. Legal strike date is June 7, 2019
Final offer from company voted down by over 90%. Legal strike position June 8. Looks like the end for EVAS is very near.

Hopefully the boys and girls have their resumes dusted off and jump ship ASAP. No doubt almost all of them will find work elsewhere, likely for better pay and Working conditions.

Return to “Employment Forum”