Info for Wabusk Air

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Info for Wabusk Air

Post by Doc »

Lost Lake wrote: Oops, all the coleges would have to park their planes and layoff instructors. :roll:

I've heard of far worse ideas?
---------- ADS -----------

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Naw.. just limit the number of CPL's issued every year and add a mandatory 'industry preperation' course as a requirement in ALL of the college programs country wide. Taught by mid time pilots still active in aviation (ie; not at AC or WJ where they're so far removed from the rest of the industry) That would certainly create some revenue/jobs and inform the fresh folk how this drivel of an industry actually should work!

Teamflyer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Teamflyer »

Well, I'm glad I didn't go to moosonee.... thank the lord :prayer:

Chuck Finley
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chuck Finley »

well that was random!!

Radiohead
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Radiohead »

. Finley wrote:well that was random!!

What? That an original poster would finally follow up and conclude a thread? I think it's nice to see the OP following up, and adding a conclusion. In this case they're happy they didn't go to Wabusk, and since the original post was asking about what he or she needed in order to get set up in Moosonee, I think it's entirely appropriate for him or her to add a hindsight perspective, and is likely useful to others looking at taking up with such a shady operator.

Don't need to jump on every single person in every single situation for raising a thread from the dead.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Hey Teamflyer, so where are you now, 2 years later? It's great to hear some inspiring tales from people who have stuck with it past the first job and didn't lower their standards!!

Cheers,
D

Teamflyer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Teamflyer »

Hey DanWEC,

I have been fairly lucky with my progression, which I'm grateful for. My perception of this industry has changed quite a bit in the past few years.

Worked the ramp for a few months, (went right seat within a year)
currently a b200 driver and expecting to be left seat soon.

Anyways, I ended up chatting with a guy at Wabusk, and honestly felt bad for the poor lad.
Appreciate the input I received and hopefully others can take some advice. Hard work does pay off!

TF

Return to “Employment Forum”