Who's Happy?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Who's Happy?

Post by iflyforpie »

Exactly... :roll:

Metal... who GARA? Its an aircraft. Its a big pretty white plane with red stripes.. and curtains in the windows.. and WHEELS, and it looks like a big Tylenol!

Pay? Got to be enough to be livable... but its relative too. I'm pretty sure some guy doing a bush gig for $60K/yr is able to put as much away as someone making $100K+ in the GTA after taxes, housing, and commuting take their toll.

Lifestyle? The most important thing. A company that treats you like crap is no fun. Employees that annoy you or try to blackmail you trying to chase the proverbial carrot are no fun either. Unionized employees are probably the biggest factor in alcohol, antidepressant, and blood thinner usage in the country. Remember... we got into this industry because it was an easy and fun way to make a living... if it isn't like that anymore... perhaps its time for a job and/or career change?
---------- ADS -----------

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
glorifieddriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by glorifieddriver »

I am pretty happy. First job. Up north, great pay, benefits and great people. Some days get tough with small bs but overall very happy. Just would be nice to be closer to family or have a rotation.

NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NovaBoy »

Happier than a pig in sh!t. Falcon 2000LX, great pay, 6 weeks vacation, and I hardly work.

atmosphere
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by atmosphere »

Fast Air in Winnipeg! Great group of guys and gals and great equipment.

"It's good to learn from your mistakes. It's better to learn from other people's mistakes." - Warren Buffet
SterlingCooper
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SterlingCooper »

Thanks to everyone who responded by including their current (or past) employer. It's great to see people speaking highly of any company on this site.

Those that said that they are happy at the moment, or had a job they loved would you mind sharing the names of the employer? Or are people worried about the lost of anonymity?

KK7
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KK7 »

I'm very happy, at WestJet Encore

PointyEngine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by PointyEngine »

KK7 wrote:I'm very happy, at WestJet Encore

LOL :lol:

Thread stopped dead in its tracks....

Can I have a cool aid enema please??

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

I'd be happy at Encore or Jazz. It would be more than I make now, in a big city, flying a bigger airplane.

KK7
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KK7 »

PointyEngine wrote:

Laugh if you like, but I have a happy, healthy wife and kids, I'm home when I want to be, I work with people who want to be at work and are a pleasure to be with and I like my job, I'm not struggling by any stretch. We have two cars, we went on vacation in the Caribbean, a ski holiday in BC, have a solid house to raise my family in on a decent piece of land. I also have job security and a career path laid out in front of me.

Should I leave for something better?

upintheair_
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by upintheair_ »

Don't worry about the nay sayers. If you're happy you're happy.

AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by AirMail »

KK7 wrote:
PointyEngine wrote:

Laugh if you like, but I have a happy, healthy wife and kids, I'm home when I want to be, I work with people who want to be at work and are a pleasure to be with and I like my job, I'm not struggling by any stretch. We have two cars, we went on vacation in the Caribbean, a ski holiday in BC, have a solid house to raise my family in on a decent piece of land. I also have job security and a career path laid out in front of me.

Should I leave for something better?
That's fine you're happy but the property and cars didn't come on Encore FO bucks, so don't go misleading the lemmings.

andy_mtl
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by andy_mtl »

I am very happy at Thunder !

And whatever next will come in my career I ll stil embrace it with a positive attitude.

Like a captain at canjet had told me back in my FA days, slow down and enjoy the journey , it's not just about the jets and airlines.
Advise was taken and I m enjoying flying medevac as much as I enjoyed throwing people out of a Navajo at my previous job at the skydive centre.

Andy

KK7
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KK7 »

AirMail wrote:
That's fine you're happy but the property and cars didn't come on Encore FO bucks, so don't go misleading the lemmings.
I have no intent to mislead. Yes I am a Captain, and came in direct entry. The FO pay is low and I've been there before, but at least for now when you consider that with the growth planned next year we would need every FO on the property who is qualified for upgrade to be a Captain next year, and many of those guys have 3000-4000 hours, late 20s, they are much further ahead than folks of that demographic were before Encore existed. On the most part folks spend very little time in the right seat, unless they came in with 2000 hours.

The question was who is happy, I am and most of my colleagues also seem to be, both Captain and FO. There are a number of people who are not at Encore that seem to feel that Encore pilots should not be happy. I guess some folks like to spread misery. Of course not everyone is happy, you'll always get that no matter where you go, but the number of unhappy pilots seems to be very low.

Return to “Employment Forum”