Pay My Training Bond?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Illya Kuryakin
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Pay My Training Bond?

Post by Illya Kuryakin »

godsrcrazy wrote:
Illya Kuryakin wrote:
trey kule wrote:
If there were no PPCs , I expect we might just see a whole bunch of 250 pilots flying iFR , doing non precision approachs....without any training.
You can't deny the entertainment value.
Illya
Not sure i would find entertainment in that.
Look at it as a Monty Python skit.
Illya
---------- ADS -----------

Wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then.
Flypilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Pay My Training Bond? Should i worry about a lawsuit?

Post by Flypilot »

SmokinJoe wrote:Pay the bond for the simple reason you said you would. I am not for bonds but I am for being a person of your word.

I admire this attitude! I am currently working for my 4th employer. I still regularly get calls and emails from all my past employers. I make a point of going out for coffee or dinner with all of them every chance I get. Twice a job offer came that was hard to turn down even though I had made a commitment not to leave before the end of the season. Years later I can see why keeping my word clearly was the best choice I could have made. All I can say is look at the big picture, not just next week.

kata_batic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kata_batic »

Training bonds are a load of... Yes the company has to pay out for training. So did the pilots. Yes a certain percentage of guys will take a PPC and bail out. But if your company is so terrible to work for that someone isn't willing to stay, then perhaps that requires some introspection on the employers part. If you want people to live and fly in isolated areas, with old equipment, bend the rules to get the companies job done.. then you need to compensate them appropriately. Lookin' at you northern operators... For years companies got by demanding whatever they wanted from crews. Now the market has shifted, and these companies need to offer the going rate. To me, training bonds are the temper tantrum of companies that can no longer offer any other reason for employees to stay.

yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yycinformer »

...kinda sounds like Integra these days

Return to “Employment Forum”