Air Transat Interview

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

baron79
Rank 0
Rank 0

Air Transat Interview

Post by baron79 »

Hey guys,

I have my interview, Medical, and Sim Eval at the end of the month, Just wondering if I could get an idea on how it all goes down?
Is it a HR interview or a more technical interview?

How about the Sim Eval? I have been told it will be on an A310 but thats about it.

If lucky enough to get offered the position, where is training conducted on the 37? How long does it usually take to once hired to first day of flying? Do they do a company indoc course?

Sorry for all the questions?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Feel free to PM if you wish.

Baron
---------- ADS -----------

3H
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Air Transat Interview

Post by 3H »

The interview is not technical at all. They may ask you a few questions on your current ac but that's it, you will not be required to explain the hydraulic system etc. They want to know you as a person and see what you will be like on a 5 day pairing.

3 people in the interview, HR Union and a CP. They will ask you classic questions... Why Transat, etc. explain CRM , ask you what you would do if a captain has alcohol on his breath, if a captain says we don't need de ice, stuff like that.

They will tell you that you need to move to yyz. If you do well you will be asked to wait and see the VP, if they send you home without seeing the VP, you are most likely out.

Sim eval is on the 310, raw data, they don't expect you to know anything, there will be a 310 captain with you, use him. It is simple, you take off do a hold then an ndb approach at yul with an overshoot, using no automation, they want to see how you adapt.

737 sim is usually in YUL, however it could be Miami or Vegas. or Dallas, but most likely YUL. From hire to on line probably 5 weeks? maybe, and yes you will have a ton of company courses to do, some on line some at the head office. Anything else?

baron79
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by baron79 »

3H,

Thanks a million for the reply, your info was exactly what I was looking for. To those who PM'd me, thanks a bunch as well!

Cheers everyone, Hope to be part of the AT Team soon, and good luck to everyone else!

Baron

baron79
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by baron79 »

Hey,
Everything seemed to go pretty well the day of, she did have 3 of us waiting to meet the VP and as we were waiting she came over and said unfortunetly he is held up in a meeting. (Hopefully true lol) Sim was a bit of fun, the instructors were awesome. Sitting patiently waiting.....anyone else interview recently and hear back?

Starbuck44
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Starbuck44 »

baron79 wrote:Hey,
Everything seemed to go pretty well the day of, she did have 3 of us waiting to meet the VP and as we were waiting she came over and said unfortunetly he is held up in a meeting. (Hopefully true lol) Sim was a bit of fun, the instructors were awesome. Sitting patiently waiting.....anyone else interview recently and hear back?
in the interview, did you get any info about Upcoming groundschools?

Last edited by Starbuck44 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

Hi guys! I hope all is well. Its been over a decade dream for me to fly for AT. The answer I'm seeking from the following question I will ask has probably been answered numerous times before. But since we are on topic it does not hurt to ask. As I can recall, the minimum requirements for AT seemed to be on the higher side. I believe an F/O requirement to be around 4000TT. And French as spoken language is a more-than-absolute-welcome asset: as I've heard that some interviews have been rocked back and forth from English to French.

Now... how realistic are the minimums set forth by AT. For one thing, I heard that French was good to have...but a lot of Anglophone pilots have been hired regardless of the linguistic asset. Info about technical experience required I could not find! Is there any flexibility in the 4000 TT or is that a hard required minimum. Could you guys provide any answers in regards to this? Thanks so much!!!

watermeth
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by watermeth »

Requirements are flex depending on who you know and your experience. As usual pic time / jet time never hurts...

TopperHarley
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TopperHarley »

Yes, they've hired quite a few guys below the 4000tt. If you have a good connection or jet time, your total time isn't all that important, assuming you do well in the interview and sim eval.

‎"Never travel faster than your guardian angel can fly." - Mother Theresa
baron79
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by baron79 »

Any ideas on when the next course is planned?

TopperHarley
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TopperHarley »

baron79 wrote:Any ideas on when the next course is planned?
I don't have any info or rumours about potential hiring. All I know is that they're doing interviews in mid July.

‎"Never travel faster than your guardian angel can fly." - Mother Theresa
aviator242
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aviator242 »

Any more info other then what's posted for the interview would be great! Feel free to pm if you don't want to post it. Thanks a bunch!

C172Guy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by C172Guy »

Hey mate, hope you got hired and now flying with AT, just wanted to know how did your interview and the SIM eval go, I know it's been a long time, but any small information is much appreciated.

Return to “Employment Forum”