Air Georgian

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

FlyingMonkey
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Air Georgian

Post by FlyingMonkey »

Spoke with HR this month. Only interviewing this month for left seat on the 1900. FO interviews are likely in Feb.
---------- ADS -----------

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

FlyingMonkey
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FlyingMonkey »

Your welcome!

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

Last edited by iflyroads on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
gtanorth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtanorth »

Upgrade time depends on experience, basically as soon as you qualify, at least during growth. AGL is growing from 5 original CRJ to 16 so no shortage of upgrade opportunities. After growth the PML should keep the cycle moving at a rapid pace so the quick upgrades will continue notwithstanding any negative industry event that slows everything down system wide.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

[quote="gtanorth"]AGL is growing from 5 original CRJ to 16 so no shortage of upgrade opportunities. /quote]

AGL has enough pilots to fly 16 CRJ's?

fruitloops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fruitloops »

rudder wrote:
gtanorth wrote:AGL is growing from 5 original CRJ to 16 so no shortage of upgrade opportunities. /quote]

AGL has enough pilots to fly 16 CRJ's?
Last I heard they hired over 45-50 pilots in the last 3-4 months. So if this site has 130 and is a touch outdated
http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airl ... r_georgian
Then the pilot pool should be something like 100 ish 1900 pilots and 65-70ish RJ pilots now if they didn't start any new 1900s. How many RJs they have now? I don't know if 65 is enough for 16 RJs maybe some crew resource experts would know and chime in, i guess we would have to know pairings? If it's 4 crews x 16 = 64 they are good if it's 5 crews x 16 = 80 and they would need more. Their ads are still up so maybe it's 5 :). Throw in an active calling on the PML and a higher than normal turnover rate than other regionals.......and maybe it's 6-7 crews x 16 lol...

wx-radar
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wx-radar »

long time lurker here, but just had to post.
Seen ALOT of comments here about GGN, however, it makes me wonder who gtanorth really is? present employee who is just a suck up to management or just a nieve person who believes all the garbage one is told. Not sure where you got your info from that they are growing to 16rj, but from what I understand, the old 100's they have now, are finally going to be put to rest in the desert where they belong. They are a maintenance nightmare. So...the "newer" 200's are simply replacements, sure you may gain a couple extra for fleet growth, but a FAR cry from having 16!

Also, why on earth would somebody even apply to this place for such LOW pay and crappy working conditions. Sky is on the hunt for a sizable expansion, pay not great, however, MUCH better than GN and from what I hear from the inside, is much better working conditions, (from past GN employees)

Also, why on earth would you continue to sell yourself short on crappy $!!! you spent good $ to get trained in the first place, most likely have some experience under your belt. Time to start relizing that the bank don't care if you fly a damn jet! YOU are professionals, so about time to act like one. Like other industry professionals other than aviation.

P.S.
I was walking around T1 yyz the other week and saw a GN captain wearing a damn ball hat!!! like really???give your head a shake, no wonder the public is starting to think we are a bunch of clowns when you dress like this.

That is all, rant over.

AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by AirMail »

wx-radar wrote:
P.S.
I was walking around T1 yyz the other week and saw a GN captain wearing a damn ball hat!!! like really???give your head a shake, no wonder the public is starting to think we are a bunch of clowns when you dress like this.

That is all, rant over.
Starting? That started in the 80s

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Not directed at GGN pilots but there's quite a few guys wandering the terminal that seem to have forgotten how to shave. Do us all a favor and try and look professional. Hotels will give you a free razor if you forgot yours.

Let’s Go Brandon
snakesonaplane
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by snakesonaplane »

Anyone have any tips of getting HR's attention? I've sent my resume to their email listed under employment but each time I get an automated reply saying HR is out of the office but does not give a date as to when they're back.

Also, chances of getting hired with 1,300TT, 120Multi, and ATPL exams written? All my time is instructional time too. Are they hard on the 1,500?

FlyingMonkey
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by FlyingMonkey »

Hey Snakes, I've spoken with HR at Georgian on a number of occasions in the last couple of months and it seems that 1500 TT is a firm number for the B1900.

That being said, the industry is changing and regionals are hiring at a breakneck pace. Almost every regional has lowered they're hiring min requirements, Georgian may follow suit if they can't find enough drivers so good luck!

FM

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

snakesonaplane wrote:Anyone have any tips of getting HR's attention? I've sent my resume to their email listed under employment but each time I get an automated reply saying HR is out of the office but does not give a date as to when they're back.

Also, chances of getting hired with 1,300TT, 120Multi, and ATPL exams written? All my time is instructional time too. Are they hard on the 1,500?

Also an internal reference to walk your resume in for you would help too. They have hired people with 750+ tt recently from internal references. They do have a small quota of how many people they can take below 1500TT though so its all about luck and timing.

airworthyb
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by airworthyb »

wx-radar wrote:Not sure where you got your info from that they are growing to 16rj
16 CRJs isn't a rumour, it's been communicated to all employees in memos/newsletters

Heisenberg666
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Heisenberg666 »

wx-radar wrote:however, it makes me wonder who gtanorth really is? present employee who is just a suck up to management or just a nieve person who believes all the garbage one is told.
Smells like management indeed.

RWETHRYET
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by RWETHRYET »

Can someone give me a good idea of schedule and biding for 1900 capts both yyz yyc
Is a commute possible for the left seat from either place
Someone doing this could pm as well
Please and thank you

wx-radar
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wx-radar »

Oh ok, since GGN is soooooooo incredibly short staffed, and the mass exodus from ppl leaving is not a hint that it is still a crappy place to work, so they will keep sending out all the memos they can to get the "believers" to stay and believe anything.

still begs to differ that gtanorth is a management lacky to try and sell this place.

Why are you so proud that you are in reality taking the jobs away from a place that provided a great place to work and pay, a place where a professional pilot could make a career if so chooses.
By accepted a job that pays well below industry standard, you have no self respect, self worth, nor view yourself as a Professional Pilot. Your experience and training is well worth more than poverty wages.

Since many other places are widely published as far as pay and working conditions, There seems to be NO concrete posting of the pay scale.

If you are soooo proud to accept the RJ job, please post the actual terms of pay. Thank-you

volez
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by volez »

Profit margin obsession in a highly competitive business and an ever increasing greed. These seem to be the key ingredients that lead to the situation we are in.

Guys, we are all in this together. If we all started to respect each other and not accepting to get paid peanuts, this thread would never stray away from its origin.

Do we realize that without professional pilots, maintenance, flight attendants, there is no operation, no business possible ? Are we stupid enough not to see that we are working against ourselves in the long term whenever we accept unreasonable conditions for a blinding short term gain ?

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

I'll go fly for Georgian. I will accept an offer with respectable pay, good schedule, and professional respect.

fruitloops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fruitloops »

They are and have been slowly adding RJs as this entry would attest

http://crjspotter.blogspot.ca/2015/12/8 ... o-air.html

Saturday, 19 December 2015
8004, 8017 and 8018 Transferred to Air Georgian

Three additional CRJ-200's have now officially been transferred between Air Canada Express CPA providers Jazz Aviation to Air Georgian. This brings the total of CRJ-200's at Air Georgian to four, joining six CRJ-100's. MSN 8018 (at least) has actually been with Air Georgian for some time, as it had been cancelled from Jazz on 16-Nov-2015, but remained unregistered until now.

8004 - CRJ-200ER C-GNJA Jazz Aviation LP, Halifax, NS

Registered to Air Georgian Ltd., Mississauga, ON 18-Dec-2015

8017 - CRJ-200ER C-GXJA Jazz Aviation LP, Halifax, NS

8018 - CRJ-200ER C-GZJA Jazz Aviation LP, Halifax, NS

Return to “Employment Forum”